PDA

View Full Version : new track, feedback & advice needed

H3lx
29-06-2004, 07:46 PM
H3lx - 1.618 (http://www.clubbing-ie.com/helix/tracks/H3lx%20-%201.618.mp3)

147bpm technoey stuff, not totally finished coz i want some feedback first to see what people reckon about it as it stands, and then polish her and take all the feedback onboard

its a bit noisy

you chaps seem to be an awful lot better at this production malarkey than me so feedback greatly appreciated pwease

cheers

Sunil
30-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Some nice sounds in there, but I think the kick is too overpowering when it comes in, I'd also think about changing the kick slightly, not sure if it fits entirely. Also the first hat at 50 secs isn't particularly effective (The 2nd is grand though) and sounds slightly out of time with the kick, I'd think about introducing something else at 50 secs or thereabouts other than that hat... After the break things do sound a lot tighter, and it does intensify well at a few points, the last minute could do with beefing up slightly, that little acid bit from earlier or something similar could help to take the monotony out of the main riff as it does seem to run for a little too long on its own. Hope this helps...

H3lx - 1.618 (http://www.clubbing-ie.com/helix/tracks/H3lx%20-%201.618.mp3)

147bpm technoey stuff, not totally finished coz i want some feedback first to see what people reckon about it as it stands, and then polish her and take all the feedback onboard

its a bit noisy

you chaps seem to be an awful lot better at this production malarkey than me so feedback greatly appreciated pwease

cheers

dirty_bass
01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
hmm
well, really to get a good idea of this, I`d need to look at it through a spectra
But your general eq needs loads of work.
this gets quite intense after the break, but is let down by bad eq.
Ok, that kick is very mid range
So you can afford to jam some rumbley sub under it, cos there is no bottom end to this tune.
The mid range is very empty, so wack some percussion loops in there to fill the space.
Erm, really you need to strip down the tunes you make, and learn to see into your audio. Work out what frequncies aren`t being covered.
Make more comparisons between stuff you really like.
keep at it dude;)

278d7e64a374de26f==