PDA

View Full Version : What' the point........

Stella Boy
01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
What's the point in legally pinding contracts when players welch on them at a later date. It's not just football but in all sports. Today Iyestin Harris signed for the Bradford rugby team after welching on his R.U. contract. The R.U contract stated that if he left R.U then he HAD to come back to Leeds. Previously he welched on his Warrington contract. So, he's 26(ish) and so far he's welched on 3 contracts :nono: .

I know it's rugby and it's not to alot of peoples taste but there does seem to be a fashion these days of going where the money is and having a pure dis-regard to any contract which has been signed. What happened to loyalty?.

Esox Lucius
01-07-2004, 09:46 PM
indeed mate, contracts mean nothing nowadays...£££ speaks.

The-last-man
02-07-2004, 04:55 PM
almost all the major sports are now ruled by money, football more so than any other.

Baseball and Basketball in the states are fecking crazy though! Its money, money, money over there!

Col
04-07-2004, 01:25 AM
What's the point in legally pinding contracts when players welch on them at a later date. It's not just football but in all sports. Today Iyestin Harris signed for the Bradford rugby team after welching on his R.U. contract. The R.U contract stated that if he left R.U then he HAD to come back to Leeds. Previously he welched on his Warrington contract. So, he's 26(ish) and so far he's welched on 3 contracts :nono: .

I know it's rugby and it's not to alot of peoples taste but there does seem to be a fashion these days of going where the money is and having a pure dis-regard to any contract which has been signed. What happened to loyalty?.

yeah its a shame, i cant believe he didnt come back to us. i was under the impression he loved leeds last time round. he will be gutted when we walk out champs at the end of the season. :lol: and bradford finish 4th.

DJ SPUDIE
04-07-2004, 01:36 AM
:gutted:

Stella Boy
04-07-2004, 09:46 AM
yeah its a shame, i cant believe he didnt come back to us. i was under the impression he loved leeds last time round. he will be gutted when we walk out champs at the end of the season. :lol: and bradford finish 4th.

I was speaking to a few leeds fans this weekend and there is some real hatred for the guy and I mean real hatred, something which you don't really associate with RL. After what some of them were saying I'd be hoping that bradford don't play him against us in 2 weeks otherwise something might kick off. :shock:

278d7e64a374de26f==