PDA

View Full Version : Korg electribe ER-1 and EA-1

sambo
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Korg electribe ER-1 and EA-1

Does anyone has some experience with one of those machines? (or both)

is it worth bying them for combining them with (only) a yamaha rm1-x?
Do they have decent sounds, are they easy to work with,...

all info is welcome.

I also noticed that there is midi in and out on the yamaha, so I can connect a korg to the yamaha, but Can I connect Both electribes (together) to the yamaha?
and if I connect them, Then I can control an electribe via the yamaha, but can I also use the yamaha as a sequencer for the sounds of the korg?

I'm just getting into^producing, so I don't know much about all this things, a little help would be great...

greetz

I know there already is a topic about those electribes, but I just want to wether they are good for combining with the yamaha or not...

RichieV
02-07-2004, 04:19 AM
i think they sound bad and unless your doing live pa on a budget i don't see a point .

Save your money and start off using software

steelgrooves
02-07-2004, 05:06 AM
I own the Electribe EA.1,ER.1 and EMX.1 as well as the Rm1 X

When playing them all back together you can make some sick techno patterns. But for Recording and mixing down in software,I ve been having trouble figuring out the best way to maximize the sounds from them.

What ive been doing is Recording every individual sound in sound forge then trying the samples out in Acid, Cubase Sx , Abelton, adding efx vsts ect to them but i cant seem to get that clean compressed great sound quality.

Should I be ditching wav files and using midi if im working with hardware like this?

If any one has any pointers please help !!!!

Its like my writing is good but beefing the sounds up is my weakness.

As far as using them together its all about your creativity with the sounds.
with all three of those it is more than enough to create some nice sounds beats.

sambo
02-07-2004, 08:12 AM
thanx for your answers...

steelgrooves: have you tried hardware compressors? or a better sound card for your computer: that makes alot of difference too...

And richie V : I tried software, but I found out I'm more knob-twisting hardware guy ;-)

steelgrooves
02-07-2004, 12:35 PM
yeah i have a 4 channel compressor and a motu 828 mk 2 soundcard.

sambo
02-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Then I don't have any clue, what else may cause your problem. (That's also because I'm an amateur :oops: )

DJZeMig_L
02-07-2004, 03:46 PM
taking the change of stating the obvious...

eq the sh*tz out of anything u can't hear (ex.. bass from hihats, even if u kill a little of what u can hear, low low freq form basslines), use the kick 2 sidechain the bassline, use panning like your life depended on it (xcept for bass and kick)... watch yer levels, literaly... I monitor at very low levels so I really need 2 make all sounds fit and not super impose... otherwise I can only hear one or 2 things... these are simple but very efective rules...

a touch of airy verb can do wounders and make yer tracks sound open and sparkly!

Sorry but I can only achieve this on a good pc/ mac - soundcard- monitors.. or a mega-supa studio !

Z

Z

steelgrooves
02-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanx Homie im gonna keep that in mind from here on out should have some stuff to display soon!!!

Drumsquasher
03-07-2004, 03:05 PM
If you want to buy the Korg Electribe SX 1: the Sampler is the greatest bulls..t i´ve ever saw . I´d worked the last night with it. You need cubase or logic because its to hard and takes too long time to create songs with the stepsequencer. But you have everything what you need to start!

Jutt
03-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I own a Korg Microkorg and its at the mo for tune idea ive got is being the main controller keyboard for its self and me yahama rs7000 the rmxs big sis so to speak (me juno usally is controller to em both see),.

They all work toghether fine m8y :clap:

DJZeMig_L
03-07-2004, 03:52 PM
the microkorg has a decent hoover like the ones u were looking 4 on the juno, download the editor and u can get a preatty good ideia of the settings u need 2 make yer own, then just head back 2 yer juno and have fun.

Z

Jutt
03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Cheers mate, do ya know where I can get the editor from anywhere? :clap:

DJZeMig_L
03-07-2004, 04:03 PM
I think u can get at the Korg web page...

http://www.korg.com/downloads/pc/microKORGEditorPC.exe to download

if it doesn't work just go here...

http://www.korg.co.uk/download_list/download_list.asp?productCode=pk_microkorg

Z

Jutt
03-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Cheers m8! :clap:

Jutt
03-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Bah doesnt work :eh:

Well not that it doesnt work it says it cant open the program

DJZeMig_L