PDA

View Full Version : 7 second loop

grog|e
02-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Hi, can anyone help me? I think there is something wrong with my computer. Ive been trying to make some banging acid techno, but I keep making trance by mistake.
This tiny pathetic loop is the closest I have so far managed: http://nulltone.plus.com/soundz/fuc-knut.mp3

Anyone have any advice?

dan the acid man
02-07-2004, 11:16 AM
that has got a really good groove to it.
do you only listen to acid techno, or do you listen to other forms of techno.
listening to other forms of techno, could help you write with a more techno feel

Si the Sigh
02-07-2004, 12:30 PM
I dunno Dan, I quite like it! ;)

dan the acid man
02-07-2004, 12:33 PM
I dunno Dan, I quite like it! ;)

i like it, this could turn into a really good track

grog|e
02-07-2004, 04:39 PM
that has got a really good groove to it.
do you only listen to acid techno, or do you listen to other forms of techno.
listening to other forms of techno, could help you write with a more techno feel

Ta :)

I listen to all sorts of stuff really, although there's a lot of styles that just don't have time to get into and find the good stuff (like minimal techno). I am a bit of a music-facist sometimes though: I generally cannot stand cheese; but then, one persons cheese is anothers beauty... </tangent>

I suppose I think I know what I want to achieve, just not how to go about doing it. I end up just jamming away, trying to home-in on my imagined target. The problem with this approch is that it normally produces some sort of melody rather than a rhythm, hence the damn hippy trance direction stuff normally takes.

I also find it really difficult to 'see into' other peoples music and analyse how they achieve a specific effect. Examples of this are ride cymbals and the sort of compressed up acustic bassdrum tail on the off beat. I think I can work out what it is doing, just I can't do it my self (with any level of competence)

I know I just really have to keep on trying, learning tricks and collecting nice percussive samples, but I do find it really difficult :(

278d7e64a374de26f==