PDA

View Full Version : Best gigs / Favourite clubs in Europe!

Bas Mooy
02-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Since everybody was talking about the worst gig experience i got kind of curious...what was your best experience? Which clubs in Europe are the best? which crowds rock the most? My personal favourite is still Waterfront in my 'hometown' Rotterdam (Holland)...fits about 700 people, 10 KW soundsystem, great monitors/mixer etc...Used to be the biggest Underground thing in Rotterdam (we did a monthly evening...), but as usual the management killed it...We only do like 2 parties a year now over there...But anyway, anyone got tips for good clubs to play or to hang out???

conflict
02-07-2004, 05:36 PM
some really good clubs in krakow Poland for the way they look,but techno isnt so big there.However i played at a wicked club in the north of poland in a city called gorzow which was wicked,it had the front end of a train in it!!

Ritzi Lee
02-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Yes indeed Bas!
I was also furtunate to experience the Waterfront as a DJ.
It's still one of the best techno experiences you can have in Holland.

And offcourse The Kelder in Amersfoort. ;)

serox
05-07-2004, 11:50 AM
the ones that are free, i can walk to from my house and that last 4 days:)

tioneb
05-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Rex Club - Paris

One of the best crowd i have seen in my life. Enjoyed so many parties there, but only as a clubber as ive never had the luck to play there.

But all the freinds i know who played there told me its one of their fave places to mix there among many international clubs.

Kube 72
05-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Probably Dresden @ Triebwerk with DJ Rush...but I am on the Love Weekend Stage this Saturday 5-6pm (shamless plug) which I am nervous about!! but this may top it..I'll let you know ;)

davethedrummer
05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
there's definately a few
but maybe the last sp groove with chris
or the last unity in venezuala

and a three deck gig at the fridge for teknoworld where i didn't **** up once! :rambo: :rambo:

djvartan
06-07-2004, 04:57 AM
i need to get my ass over-seas :cry:

someone book my ass :clap:

hahha

davethedrummer
06-07-2004, 06:31 AM
hello dj vartan
im am helga from sveden and i'd like to book your arse please! :eh:

djvartan
06-07-2004, 06:33 AM
um not that kind of booking/filling :eh:

davethedrummer
06-07-2004, 06:44 AM
um not that kind of booking/filling :eh:
oh sorry perhaps is just mine poor inglish
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dustin Zahn
06-07-2004, 08:08 AM
I've only been to Europe a couple times and have only been to a few clubs so I can't honestly say what is my favorite. Although, here in the states I have to say getting shitty in the woods (the great outdoors) with my close friends and some tables setup is probably the best.

zaalmoetlos
06-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Best dutch club is doornroosje and 't paard in the hague isn't bad (has a wicked soundsystem)

zaalmoetlos
06-07-2004, 11:09 AM
some really good clubs in krakow Poland for the way they look,but techno isnt so big there.However i played at a wicked club in the north of poland in a city called gorzow which was wicked,it had the front end of a train in it!!

krakow is near katowice i played at Kanty there and that was a good night, it was two years ago though so don't know what it's like now. Also the groovecontrol parties at the energyplant in warschau are amazing

www.groovecontrol.pl www.kanty.com.pl

Small Paul
06-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Best dutch club is doornroosje and 't paard in the hague isn't bad (has a wicked soundsystem)

My fave gigs have been at Doornroosje. Played 2 Highland Beats label parties there on a Planet Rose night. First year I played was amazing, I'd only ever been out of England once to the north of France when I was 12 so to go to Holland and play was incredible. Cracking atmospehere at that place too. Then played again a year later with Chris and Laurie and had a wikkid time. Yeah, its gotta be doornroosje for me, or maybe London squat parties, or then again some of the sunny outdoor parties...

278d7e64a374de26f==