PDA

View Full Version : Chris Liberator - Straight From The Squat Party

jonnyspeed
03-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Found this on trackitdown (http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/techno.html) that I thought you lot would like ;)

how phat is that !

Full Interview (http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/techno/featured_artist.html)

AcidBastard
04-07-2004, 05:44 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

j/k ;)

killarava2day
04-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm curious as to what the term 'squat parties' means?

Are these random parties in illegal venues, rig on the back of a semi for a quick getaway?

Are they popular?

AcidBastard
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I prefer the word "squat" over the lame word "rave" anyday :rambo:

dan the acid man
04-07-2004, 08:43 PM
rave's have turned into free party's, squat party's are usually so called because they are held in squat's, buildings that have been occupied by a group of people illegally.

jonnyspeed
05-07-2004, 10:49 AM

j/k ;)

Has a feeling you were a cunt. Just proved it to me.

Grow up AND **** off.

serox
05-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I'm curious as to what the term 'squat parties' means?

Are these random parties in illegal venues, rig on the back of a semi for a quick getaway?

Are they popular?

would have a van or two to carry all equipment. no quick getaways:)
in london most partys will go on even if the cops to turn up.

Si the Sigh
05-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Good set & good interview. Cheers for the links Mr Speed! :clap: ;)

Trip Head
05-07-2004, 12:52 PM

Did you buy the set?
Anyway, always interesting to read an interview with Chris, the man really knows his shit.
Yeh, good link :clap:

dirty_bass
05-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Once again, fair play to chris.
The man speaks sense 95% of the time. Top bloke, good DJ, nice attitude.

Bastard :lol: :lol:

jonnyspeed
05-07-2004, 05:04 PM

Did you buy the set?
Anyway, always interesting to read an interview with Chris, the man really knows his shit.
Yeh, good link :clap:

if I was gonna pay £6 it would be to go to a squat party not download a set that was done afterwards when he got home!

There's a free CL set on Tribe of Munt...

http://www.tribeofmunt.co.uk/Music/Music.htm

Evil G
05-07-2004, 06:02 PM
around here there aren't really any abandoned buildings to make use of, so when we "squat" we usually do it in parks, on pieces of waste land, or under bridges. we do tend to think about chris when we do it too. if only we were each as quality a nutter as he...

sometimes the cops shut us down, but usually if we aren't too close to any houses and there aren't empty beer cans everywhere they don't. the last one i did, the cops told us that next time we should have a bbq running so they could have a bite to eat when they came to check on us.

anx
05-07-2004, 11:40 PM
around here there aren't really any abandoned buildings to make use of, so when we "squat" we usually do it in parks, on pieces of waste land, or under bridges. we do tend to think about chris when we do it too. if only we were each as quality a nutter as he...

sometimes the cops shut us down, but usually if we aren't too close to any houses and there aren't empty beer cans everywhere they don't. the last one i did, the cops told us that next time we should have a bbq running so they could have a bite to eat when they came to check on us.

just did one on friday, G...4 years doing it and we finally have our shit together!! We went to check the no fly zone near the airport...****ers blocked it off!! that was a sweet location. But yea, Chris and Co. were the reason we all in calgary started doin these parties. we even had rowland and darc marc come down for a few :)

Evil G
06-07-2004, 12:27 AM
just did one on friday, G...4 years doing it and we finally have our shit together!! We went to check the no fly zone near the airport...**** blocked it off!! that was a sweet location. But yea, Chris and Co. were the reason we all in calgary started doin these parties. we even had rowland and darc marc come down for a few :)

pm me next time you are doing one!

that sux that they finally took away the spot by the airport. we had some fun times there. it was great because the police helicopter (and it's infrared detector) couldn't go there.

AcidBastard
06-07-2004, 05:28 AM

j/k ;)

Grow up AND **** off.

Hmmm, and I suppose youre an uptight asshole who can't take a joke.... Does that stick up your ass have vibration?

dirty_bass
06-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Hmmm, and I suppose youre an uptight asshole who can't take a joke.... Does that stick up your ass have vibration?

Hehe

I`m not taking sides, but I just had to laugh at that comment. :clap:

trackitdown
06-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Feel the love people!

Si the Sigh
06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
:love:

jonnyspeed
06-07-2004, 06:25 PM

j/k ;)

Grow up AND **** off.

Though jokes had something to do with humour - my mistake. appologies all round.

278d7e64a374de26f==