PDA

View Full Version : The attack people - Abiotic002

ampassasinbirmingham
03-07-2004, 01:58 PM
well i have to say when the first beat came in on the A side i thought i wasnt going to like this record. i thought another standard precussion driven 4/4 record which usually isnt my cup of tea. Boy was i wrong

this ep has real soul. beautiful noises and soundscapes combined with really well thought out structures. a really uplifting record without being cheesy.

Excellent record. buy it now.

scienceofuse
03-07-2004, 03:51 PM
I definetly would... If the distribution got to here. :neutral: I guess I'll have to order it via some Internet store or go to Munich and buy a shitload of records... ;)

dcdn
03-07-2004, 05:03 PM
i already owned abiotic 1, wich was great also, im going to buy the 2nd release right away! Nice mateo murphy rmx

Dustin Zahn
03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm glad you guys enjoy the record. You probably can't find it cause it's not out yet. Rhythmic and Intergroove happen to be selling a few promos at the moment. I'd say it will probably be out in...early August. We're gonna finish up the artwork this week and then send it off to press. I thought the A1 track rode the fence between cool and tacky but I feel it it leaned more towards the cool side so I am pleased with it. Now if only it would have come out a year ago like it should have. :)

The Overfiend
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
If i don't get a copy in the mail I'm going to start pounding my fists.
Is the artwork going to be anything like the enemy art?

Dustin Zahn
03-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Yes. Jesse Somfay on crayon duty.

DJVirulent
06-07-2004, 10:56 AM
About friggin' time we get a new Abiotic! Hopefully I'll be able to FIND this one in the shops, or at least order it...otherwise people are getting wrecked South Central style.

It's also very nice to hear Mateo Murphy bangin' it out ruffhouse as well, although Dustin and Ian continue to be the real stars of the show. :clap:

gunjack
06-07-2004, 10:59 AM
..early August.

it must be nice to be able to release records in august. :neutral:
i get to wait til september even though my copies are in the warehouse! yaaaaay :roll:

Joseph Isaac
06-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Now if only it would have come out a year ago like it should have. :)

The longer it marinates, the better it tastes...

Dustin Zahn
06-07-2004, 06:37 PM
..early August.

i get to wait til september even though my copies are in the warehouse! yaaaaay :roll:

Slow P&D deal, or is something backed up in the pressing process?

tioneb
06-07-2004, 07:59 PM
..early August.

Slow P&D deal, or is something backed up in the pressing process?

hmm some mates working with intergroove had to wait till septemeber (it was one or two years ago) to issue the record, simply becasue the sales are bad in holiday time (some local distrib & shops are closed, and the buyers just spend thei freaking money in holidays and parties)

sometimes a bad schedule can make some really good records sell few

Dustin Zahn
06-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah, issuing in fall seems to be a better idea...sales are down in the summer at least 40%. :( We're still gonna release this summer though, there's plenty of other bad ass tracks for us to drop this fall.

The Overfiend
07-07-2004, 11:34 PM

Yo D..
White Labels Fam whats good.

Adverse
08-07-2004, 01:31 AM

Yo D..

lol

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM

Yo D..

lol

Imma pound you too big boy!

Adverse
10-07-2004, 06:49 PM

Yo D..

lol

Imma pound you too big boy!

Village niggaz get slapped in Manhattan
for rappin, big Ghost steps off laffin ;)

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Say the N word again in da forum, and I'll smack you in Manhattan lol.
Ghostface Killah is the king.

Adverse
10-07-2004, 09:59 PM
that was soooooooo appropriate king :)

278d7e64a374de26f==