PDA

View Full Version : One night in hackney?

Jutt
03-07-2004, 04:00 PM
How do the Technoists feel about this tune?

Gauranteed anthem ?

Or one thats just overplayed?

Being a Hardstyle DJ, I bought this tune to add variation in me sets and I reckon it would sound wicked in Hardstyle over a long mix.

What do the Techno crew think of this tune?

180mph
03-07-2004, 04:08 PM

Gauranteed anthem ?

Being a Hardstyle DJ, I bought this tune to add variation in me sets and I reckon it would sound wicked in Hardstyle over a long mix.

its a nice fun party tune... not something to be taken too seriously... if you like it check out its daddy "one night in NY" by "the horrorist" (dj skinhead)

Tiptoe
03-07-2004, 05:13 PM
don't think you would be likely to hear it played at a proper techno night to be honest. I don't mind it but as 180mph says the daddy is one night in NY" by "the horrorist " and is a lot better in my opinion

techno_smack
03-07-2004, 08:59 PM
15 cans of stella!!!!! 15 cans ..... :shock: hahahah brings a smile to my face everytime. :lol:

PunK
03-07-2004, 11:58 PM
i love it
and wats more i love about it is
an acid tekno buddy
played it at a
"commercial" event on friday nite
here in melbourne
and the only people that really got into the song
was the people who came with him!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH ONE NITE IN HACKNEY..........

AcidBastard
04-07-2004, 12:02 AM
When I first heard it, I thought it was kinda stupid. But that was only when I listened to the MP3 sample of it. It's completely different through loud speakers, I appreciate it much more because of that :rambo:

DJ SPUDIE
04-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Im a Hardstlye d.j, but I mixed this last night at a mates house :rambo:

15 Cans Of Stella :lol:

Paul Zykotik
04-07-2004, 01:17 AM
don't think you would be likely to hear it played at a proper techno night to be honest. I don't mind it but as 180mph says the daddy is one night in NY" by "the horrorist " and is a lot better in my opinion

Aye, but One Night In Hackney is just a pisstake really so I think it's unfair to compare it to One Night In NYC. Tis a good tune, though "15 CANS OF STELLA!" is in danger of becoming the new "wasssssssssup"...

DJ SPUDIE
04-07-2004, 01:38 AM

Aye, but One Night In Hackney is just a pisstake really so I think it's unfair to compare it to One Night In NYC. Tis a good tune, though "15 CANS OF STELLA!" is in danger of becoming the new "wasssssssssup"...

Gets abit boring after a while

MangaFish
04-07-2004, 03:51 PM

Gauranteed anthem ?

i hate it! i hate everything about it and wish it was never pressed. :evil:

as already said before - the horrorist tune is far far superiour :clap:
imo its like comparing the scissor sisters remake of 'comfortably numb' to the original pink floid version.

The Overfiend
04-07-2004, 05:06 PM
:headache:

Paul Zykotik
04-07-2004, 05:29 PM

imo its like comparing the scissor sisters remake of 'comfortably numb' to the original pink floid version.

Yeah but as also said before they weren't trying to recreate, live up to or compare themselves to One Night In NYC. The two tunes are totally different in style. Acid techno has long been renowned for having a sense of humour and not taking itself too seriously, and this is a prime example.

One Night In Hackney will not take down the techno scene, if anything it'll boost it - I have met a number of people who upon seeing my Stay Up Forever or Cluster t-shirts come up to me and say "they're great labels, just found out about them" and the opening for them to find out about these labels? One Night In Hackney.

dan the acid man
04-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah but as also said before they weren't trying to recreate, live up to or compare themselves to One Night In NYC. The two tunes are totally different in style. Acid techno has long been renowned for having a sense of humour and not taking itself too seriously, and this is a prime example.

One Night In Hackney will not take down the techno scene, if anything it'll boost it - I have met a number of people who upon seeing my Stay Up Forever or Cluster t-shirts come up to me and say "they're great labels, just found out about them" and the opening for them to find out about these labels? One Night In Hackney.

agreed

MangaFish
04-07-2004, 05:53 PM

my point was more that its a stupid rip-off tune (like the sissor sisters tune).

i have nothing against a bit of humour, but this wasnt funny imo. it was just stupid

as for the harddance crowd getting into techno becuase of this release. they would have descovered it w/o this tune (as they have done in the past). this just makes a mocery imo. far more credible 'funny' tunes so why intoduce people into techno with the worst examples of techno.

infact to be honnest if it wasnt released on SUF i would have said its not even techno. :dontevengothere:

dan the acid man
04-07-2004, 06:16 PM
for me, this tune has a great rhythm part, and has got techno written all over it, its alot more straight techno than alot of suf releases

MangaFish
04-07-2004, 06:20 PM
just horses for corses i guess.
life would be dull if we all braught the same tunes :lol:

Trip Head
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
for me, this tune has a great rhythm part, and has got techno written all over it, its alot more straight techno than alot of suf releases

Exactly

MangaFish
04-07-2004, 06:24 PM

Exactly

but i dont think SUF is really the best example of techno anyway. whilest i do buy some of their stuff, it all just sounds like intellegent hardhouse to me :neutral:

MangaFish
04-07-2004, 06:27 PM

Exactly

but i dont think SUF is really the best example of techno anyway. whilest i do buy some of their stuff, it all just sounds like intellegent hardhouse to me :neutral:

if i had an edit button i would have changed it to read this:

but i dont think SUF is really the best example of techno anyway. whilest i do buy some of their stuff, some of it just sounds like intellegent hardhouse to me :neutral:

there are class tunes on there, but the rhythems sound very one dimentional to me.

sash
04-07-2004, 07:14 PM
it's a fun track.

T2
04-07-2004, 11:05 PM
I like the tune but i hate the end. so i tend to mix out of it before the sorta spikey tacid bit at the end.

love the lyrics tho, they are nice.

Paul Zykotik
05-07-2004, 10:38 AM
my point was more that its a stupid rip-off tune (like the sissor sisters tune).

i have nothing against a bit of humour, but this wasnt funny imo. it was just stupid

Well we all have different senses of humour...I wouldn't call something stupid if it wasn't to my taste though (except perhaps Bo Selecta, heh)

as for the harddance crowd getting into techno becuase of this release. they would have descovered it w/o this tune (as they have done in the past). this just makes a mocery imo. far more credible 'funny' tunes so why intoduce people into techno with the worst examples of techno.

So what on earth are they supposed to listen to get into techno? Much as we'd love them to listen to a Surgeon or Patrik Skoog track and go "ooo, I love that", it isn't going to happen in the majority of cases.

infact to be honnest if it wasnt released on SUF i would have said its not even techno. :dontevengothere:[/quote]

Louk
05-07-2004, 06:34 PM
love the track !

Louk

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 06:56 PM
So what on earth are they supposed to listen to get into techno? Much as we'd love them to listen to a Surgeon or Patrik Skoog track and go "ooo, I love that", it isn't going to happen in the majority of cases.

theres a welth of tunes. i have mates that live, eat and breath hardhouse ask me to get them tunes on the following labels because they have heard it in clubs:
* hydrolix
* bang on
* RAW (how big is the raw 9 tune after all :roll: )
* dirtbomb
* re-entery
* ruitemaster records
* cluster records
* and let us not forget the more credible tunes that have been released on SUF

and thats just off the top of my head. producers like Ant, D.A.V.E. the drummer, guy mcaffer and chris leiberator are releasing bucket loads of techno and techy hardhouse tunes on labels that used to release the most predictable bouncy hardhouse. massive labels like honeypot and vicious circle are releasing techno.

hardhouse has been moving towards techno long before this tune was made!

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 07:02 PM

Well we all have different senses of humour...I wouldn't call something stupid if it wasn't to my taste though (except perhaps Bo Selecta, heh)

but imo this tune is stupid and moronic. you cant change my opinion on that nor do i want to change yours. i have my reasons and they are as valid as yours for finding the tune funny.

i'm not saying you shouldnt listen to it. just dont expect to find it in my record box :lol:

Evil G
05-07-2004, 07:07 PM

so acid techno begat nu nrg, which begat hard nrg, which begat hard house, and now it's trying to merge back with techno, but the techno purists would rather it didn't...

sounds like a soap opera. :eh:

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 07:14 PM

so acid techno begat nu nrg, which begat hard nrg, which begat hard house, and now it's trying to merge back with techno, but the techno purists would rather it didn't...

the problem with hardhouse is it cant be creative and innative w/o sub-deviding itself into a new genre. hence hardtrance / harddance / hardstyle / etc.

hardhouse nuts are as puristic about their music as techno enthusiasts. :roll:

Paul Zykotik
05-07-2004, 07:20 PM
theres a welth of tunes. i have mates that live, eat and breath hardhouse ask me to get them tunes on the following labels because they have heard it in clubs:
* hydrolix
* bang on
* RAW (how big is the raw 9 tune after all :roll: )
* dirtbomb
* re-entery
* ruitemaster records
* cluster records
* and let us not forget the more credible tunes that have been released on SUF

and thats just off the top of my head. producers like Ant, D.A.V.E. the drummer, guy mcaffer and chris leiberator are releasing bucket loads of techno and techy hardhouse tunes on labels that used to release the most predictable bouncy hardhouse. massive labels like honeypot and vicious circle are releasing techno.

I agree - but I'm not just talking about hard house, I'm talking about people who have heard it at hardcore nights, hard trance nights...it's crossed over in a big way, and it's instantly recognisable. It's easy for people to say "what's that tune that goes One Night In Hackney!" rather than "what's that tune that goes doom-da-doom-da-doom-da-doom".

davethedrummer
05-07-2004, 07:20 PM

the problem with hardhouse is it cant be creative and innative w/o sub-deviding itself into a new genre. hence hardtrance / harddance / hardstyle / etc.

ahh now i get it! ;)

Paul Zykotik
05-07-2004, 07:22 PM
but imo this tune is stupid and moronic. you cant change my opinion on that nor do i want to change yours. i have my reasons and they are as valid as yours for finding the tune funny.

i'm not saying you shouldnt listen to it. just dont expect to find it in my record box :lol:

I can understand that you don't like it, nor find it funny. What I find hard to comprehend is when people slate something as being stupid - it's such a dismissive term.

180mph
05-07-2004, 07:23 PM

ahh now i get it! ;)

glad to here someone does :roll: ... anyway what the hell would YOU know bout acid techno ;)

davethedrummer
05-07-2004, 07:27 PM
about as much as my gran! :cool:

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 07:27 PM

ahh now i get it! ;)

glad to here someone does :roll: ... anyway what the hell would YOU know bout acid techno ;)

i'm not knocking anyones knowlage of techno (or hardhouse even).
just saying my personal regrets about the attitude of hardhouse

180mph
05-07-2004, 07:28 PM

chill... i was askin mr. plumber what HE knew bout acid... so you can sit right back down and relax... cuz its all good in the hood :lol:

ahh now i get it! ;)

i'm not knocking anyones knowlage of techno (or hardhouse even).
just saying my personal regrets about the attitude of hardhouse

Paul Nisbet
05-07-2004, 07:28 PM

I can understand that you don't like it, nor find it funny. What I find hard to comprehend is when people slate something as being stupid - it's such a dismissive term.

You have so much sense coming out your mouth its unreal man. :clap:

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 07:30 PM

i agree which is why i rarely call things stupid. but when i consider some of the output that lads behind this track have done on other tracks (i hope that made sence), i cant help but think this tune is a bit flat.

as a spoof its got comic value. as a release on SUF, its a bit of a let down.

MangaFish
05-07-2004, 07:36 PM
btw - just so you guys know: i do have a sence of humour. i've heard recoreds that (i think) D.A.V.E. produced where he's written a locked groove thats just says "c*nt" over and over. i nearly wet myself when i heard that record.

maybe its just my attitude towards the way how people glamorise drinking and drug taking that tint this record :doh:

davethedrummer
06-07-2004, 06:43 AM
btw - just so you guys know: i do have a sence of humour. i've heard recoreds that (i think) D.A.V.E. produced where he's written a locked groove thats just says "c*nt" over and over. i nearly wet myself when i heard that record.

maybe its just my attitude towards the way how people glamorise drinking and drug taking that tint this record :doh:

it's not glamorising it mate
it's there already and that record defines peoples experiences with it.
if you make the connection, it's funny
if not then it seems a bit dumb.
but either way it won't change or create anything.
drinking and drug taking together with music has been there since the year dot.
we were just having a laugh about it in the studio
its not supposed to make you go looking for it.
in the same way as playing video games is'nt supposed to make you go and kill people.

it's your choice always...
but we can have a laugh in the meantime............
can't we??
:?:

Si the Sigh
06-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Word! :clap:

Si the Sigh
06-07-2004, 07:37 AM

Does anyone know where I can find this cunt locked groove or even what its on? :eh:

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2004, 12:42 PM
called cunt on cunt recordings. :cool:

CHRISSI
06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I praise the day Chris and Davy D were born cos I love em to bits and they've made fantastic and invaluble contribution to the music scene !! :notworthy:

I f***n love 'One night in Hackney'. If you've been there and done it, you can sooo relate to it. As soon as those first words come in I just crack up every time - Mint !!

My Sis now continuously going to Hackney to drink Stella and find some Ketamine haha

;o0 :lol: :lol:

techno_smack
06-07-2004, 02:03 PM
You can't beat a tune that puts a smile on your face everytime you hear it :lol:

Si the Sigh
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
...like the Y.M.C.A! :cool:

anx
06-07-2004, 04:53 PM
in the same way as playing video games is'nt supposed to make you go and kill people.

well henry, as soon as i heard that record i did a line of k, some extasy, some acid and then i drank 15 cans of....never mind :dontevengothere:

heh

Paul Nisbet
06-07-2004, 07:17 PM

well henry, as soon as i heard that record i did a line of k, some extasy, some acid and then i drank 15 cans of....never mind :dontevengothere:

heh

Pretty sure that was an experience!!!! lol

dan the acid man
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
well, when i heard it, i made a nice cup of tea and put me slippers on, do you think im missing the point ;) :lol:

MangaFish
06-07-2004, 08:29 PM

it's not glamorising it mate
it's there already and that record defines peoples experiences with it.
if you make the connection, it's funny
if not then it seems a bit dumb.
but either way it won't change or create anything.
drinking and drug taking together with music has been there since the year dot.
we were just having a laugh about it in the studio

it's your choice always...
but we can have a laugh in the meantime............
can't we??
:?:

good point mate.

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2004, 08:50 PM
its just a nice bit of hard house really.

StoQ
07-07-2004, 01:42 AM
15 cans of stella. is it the real story?

NooNoo
11-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I love it, does sound a bit cheesy after a few plays in the home, but goes off big time still in a club. :clap:

DJMAYA
12-07-2004, 10:50 PM
geeezzz....whrs ya sense of humour.

here take this!

might help ya :shock:

jonnyspeed
12-07-2004, 10:53 PM
:shock: facin' groundhog day since november, on this tune

:crackup:

sash
13-07-2004, 12:42 AM
You can't beat a tune that puts a smile on your face everytime you hear it :lol:

You can't beat a great picture like yours that puts a smile on your face everytime you see it :lol:

4m8
13-07-2004, 03:02 PM
This past week Chris Liberator came to play here in São Paulo, Brasil...like always a wonderful set...after half way gone he put One Night In Hackney..like always the response of the crownd was excelent...it realy gets people on their feet !!...I played it at some small parties here and the crowd always enjoys it!!

Regards

dirty_bass
13-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I think this record does exactly the job it is supposed to.
It`s good times party music.
SUF was never really a 100% serious label. Look at magnum force, rabbitss name was etc
It`s full on, brash and in your face. But I think the label as a whole (even though I personally don`t get it any more) has always acted as a bridge between the harder side of techno and the more commercial trancey, hard housey stuff.
The humour gives this a wider commercial appeal, which is good, right now we need more kids getting into techno to keep the scene alive.
I think it`s techno. It`s acid techno. And who`s to say techno has to be wrist slashingly serious all the time. We all like a laugh right?

Metadog
13-07-2004, 05:22 PM
wots wrong with being stupid, anyway ?

rocking track - wicked percussion

:clap:

dan the acid man
13-07-2004, 07:25 PM
exactly :cool:

jonnyspeed
13-07-2004, 07:44 PM
if you don't like it. stay at home, snog yer dog and...

MangaFish
13-07-2004, 08:44 PM
i must say i'm suprised that you guys like this track yet you complain that latin samples are cheesey :shock:

i'm not going to argue about this any longer as i've made my point (a little too strongly though i must admit :oops: ) and it would be stupid to expect everyone to like the same techno records after all

to the makers of the track (D.A.V.E. the drummer and guy mcaffer i think?) - keep up the good work guys. i've been a fan of most of your output to date :clap:

DJsmallpaul
13-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Quality tunage :clap:

Tis one of those tracks that is good for getting people into techno who otherwise wern't in my experience.

jonnyspeed
13-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Quality tunage :clap:

Tis one of those tracks that is good for getting people into techno who otherwise wern't in my experience.

I've say that about the whole of SUF collective ;)

MARKEG
13-07-2004, 10:05 PM
exactly. i used to think acid techno was awful back in the early days, but you just can't deny the fact that it gets alot of people into a life of techno. that simply cant be bad at all. sure it's not dark, hard, deep or minimal techno but it has got the attitude of techno if you listen to it in the right way, just in a more clubby way that's all.

anx
13-07-2004, 11:38 PM
its responible for gettin me into techno thats for sure

MangaFish
13-07-2004, 11:42 PM
i've never argued that acid techno was naff. just that this particular tune imo lets the side down a little

DJsmallpaul
14-07-2004, 02:50 PM
exactly. i used to think acid techno was awful back in the early days, but you just can't deny the fact that it gets alot of people into a life of techno. that simply cant be bad at all. sure it's not dark, hard, deep or minimal techno but it has got the attitude of techno if you listen to it in the right way, just in a more clubby way that's all.

I agree with the point you make about the attitude of the track Mark, it's screams LISTEN TO ME & your life will be better for it. :lol: Seriously though one night in hackney does have a huge appeal to none Techno purists the "story" through the track alone gets your attention in a way not many Techno tracks do.

jonnyspeed
11-11-2004, 12:47 AM
What's this all about then?

Traxx
11-11-2004, 05:18 PM
:eh:

278d7e64a374de26f==