PDA

View Full Version : Ingoma 19

Sam_Horam
03-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Can anyone give me the full details for this release?

herman
08-07-2004, 12:08 PM
its by cave not sure about titles though , by the way keep an eye out for ingoma 20 burkina faso - atsushi yano probably the best one so far i think

Sam_Horam
08-07-2004, 04:54 PM
its by cave not sure about titles though , by the way keep an eye out for ingoma 20 burkina faso - atsushi yano probably the best one so far i think

Thank you, sir...

Dustin Zahn
08-07-2004, 06:50 PM
I think it's called Tambores? Does that sound right?

miles
08-07-2004, 07:06 PM

is it any good? or just more of that same old tribal/bongo
shite that should have been put to bed years ago.
Live drums?..or another sample cd or record?

davethedrummer
08-07-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah not really a fan of ignoma
bit mellow and pointless for me sorry.

miles
08-07-2004, 08:29 PM

not really that challenging i agree...fergie likes it tho ;)
must be good :lol:

Stella Boy
08-07-2004, 08:35 PM
They are DJ tools IMO. You simply can't drop this kinda shit and let it play it's full length, you need to cut it up and do some serious 3 deck action otherwise you've got a depleted dance floor.

miles
08-07-2004, 08:47 PM
They are DJ tools IMO. You simply can't drop this kinda shit and let it play it's full length, you need to cut it up and do some serious 3 deck action otherwise you've got a depleted dance floor.

what is the definition of a DJ tool?
A shite drum loop that can be mixed into another shite drum loop.
A decent Dj can do what the **** he wants...get a grip!

Stella Boy
08-07-2004, 09:07 PM

what is the definition of a DJ tool?
A shite drum loop that can be mixed into another shite drum loop.
A decent Dj can do what the **** he wants...get a grip!

What makes you think that a DJ tool is a shite drum loop that can be mixed into another shite drum loop. I never said or even implied that :eh:

Tiptoe
08-07-2004, 09:34 PM
yeah what you on about mate. As stella boy said tunes like this are designed to be creative with and can be used as tools. Tunes like these can bore to death when left just to play but thats where the fun comes in making them sound more interesting by cutting it and wacking it in on 3 decks.

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 06:36 PM

The same could be and has been said about acid or london techno tracks.
(Not by myself of course)
C'mon Henry turn that frown upside down.
I don't agree with the faction that people think to like one they should dislike the other.
A comment like this coming from someone of your stature could and will stray away people from being objective to a different sound. :eh:

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 06:37 PM
And I am not saying you are partial to that sound either because I did notice you tracked a Morillo release this month man. ;)

Adverse
10-07-2004, 06:39 PM
And I am not saying you are partial to that sound either because I did notice you tracked a Morillo release this month man. ;)

come again?

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM

come again?

It was for Henry dude...
Skeet Skeet Skeet

Adverse
10-07-2004, 10:01 PM
i know.. but like eric morillo?

Tiptoe
10-07-2004, 10:40 PM
as do i and the tune dave has in his chart i have bought also.

DJVirulent
11-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Even though Ingoma is mostly tools, there was this excellent track on Ingoma 18 with nice pads/strings that is actually somewhat playable all the way through (though I still mix it out early)...

Dustin Zahn
11-07-2004, 10:24 PM
just got some new mark williams album. The A2 is really cool, my favorite on the record.

The Overfiend
17-07-2004, 06:03 PM
just got some new mark williams album. The A2 is really cool, my favorite on the record.

Where can I get more info on this guy?
I enjoy a good amount of his tracks want to know more.

Sunil
19-07-2004, 03:19 AM

Where can I get more info on this guy?
I enjoy a good amount of his tracks want to know more.

Believe it or not he's been releasing since 1990, possibly even earlier.
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Mark+Williams

278d7e64a374de26f==