PDA

View Full Version : milner fu*ks off to newcastle

Col
04-07-2004, 01:36 AM
i cant believe we have sold him. :cry: to sell one of englands brightest talents that wanted to stay & fight for the club on peanut wages is ridiculous. he was our brightest hope.

when are we going to see a half decent board of directors at our club?

with milner, a few of the players we were keeping and the new signings i was really beginning to think we would come straight back up, now im not so sure. the next batch of signings better be good.

Hakka
04-07-2004, 02:46 AM
as a Newcastle fan, I feel sad that we have prized a great potential talent from a club that isn't having a good time at present.

However, I'm glad he's wearing black & white next year!

Col
04-07-2004, 10:49 AM
as a Newcastle fan, I feel sad that we have prized a great potential talent from a club that isn't having a good time at present.

However, I'm glad he's wearing black & white next year!

yeah mate, you have a massive talent on your hands, for me he was our best player last season, and i think he will make a massive impact next season. i dont think it will be too long before he is a regular in the england side. he played on the left wing last year (despite being right footed) he did an amazing job their too.

Esox Lucius
04-07-2004, 11:05 AM
he had to go, he is too good for the first division or coca cola championship league, whatever you want to call it...like Smith he had to think of his career.

Col
04-07-2004, 11:42 AM
he had to go, he is too good for the first division or coca cola championship league, whatever you want to call it...like Smith he had to think of his career.

the thing is though, milner wanted to stay, the board pushed him out.

Esox Lucius
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
ah right, them might have had to sell him as they need the money.

french_og
04-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah they probably had no choice but to sell him but good luck to him.

How many former Leeds players are at Newcastle now?? Bowyer, Woodgate now Milner.

Col
04-07-2004, 08:43 PM

How many former Leeds players are at Newcastle now?? Bowyer, Woodgate now Milner.

yep. and they had bridges only about 2 months ago. i think hes signed for bolton now.

The-last-man
05-07-2004, 08:04 AM
IMO Milner should of stayed @ Leeds,

1. He wanted to stay
2. He was on low wages, so would not be draining the club
3. Will probably ride the bench for Newcastle all season

Sad to see whats happened to Leeds, how things can go downhill so quickly! Champions League semi's 4 years ago and now the 1st division! :doh:

Col
06-07-2004, 03:40 PM

yep. and they had bridges only about 2 months ago. i think hes signed for bolton now.

i forgot. add gary speed to that list.

278d7e64a374de26f==