PDA

View Full Version : the new john peel.

davethedrummer
06-07-2004, 10:13 PM
so when john peel finally hangs up his headphones
who do you think has the right to take his place?

quazkvas
06-07-2004, 10:20 PM
me likely but still hesitate :\

Col
06-07-2004, 10:23 PM
jimmy saville. hes waited long enough.

dan the acid man
06-07-2004, 11:32 PM
to be honest, at this moment in time, i cant see who could

Frank Dogshit
06-07-2004, 11:44 PM
dave clarke :rambo:

Traxx
06-07-2004, 11:45 PM
Because nobody could or will be able to fill his shoes i dont think. Who ever gets it is gonna have his or her's own ideas! hopefully!

I think it would be a bit wank if someboby just tried to be John peel dont you lot?

Anyway as to who i think will get it, if they go in house which they usualy do then that Zane lowe would prob get it in my opninion. I couldnt tell you if he was any good though i aint listend to radio 1 for a long time.

Frank Dogshit
07-07-2004, 12:00 AM
what other dj is gonna go from some old dizzy gillespie jazz track to some crazy happy hardcore track that hes stole out of his sons bedroom?

it just aint possible unless your john peel! :clap:

ANDROID
07-07-2004, 04:44 AM
CHRIS LIBERATOR & GEEZER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Si the Sigh
07-07-2004, 07:36 AM
I don't think anyone could replace J.P

He's the man! :clap:

Ritzi Lee
07-07-2004, 07:43 AM
2 Dave: I'm i missing something?
Or is it just a hypothetical question?

Esox Lucius
07-07-2004, 07:49 AM
John Peel is unreplaceable, there is only one JP :cool:

DJ Weiss
07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Mark Ratcliff of mark and lard fame... he even sounds like him when he's doing serious stuff, not quite sure if he's got such a ecleptic musical taste tho.

Si the Sigh
07-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Talking of Mark & Lard, what the hell happened to them? With out any warning, they get dropped by Radio 1 & moved to Radio 2 minus the boy Lard. What was that all about? :eh:

tioneb
07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
dave clarke :rambo:

that's probably a joke, but on a more serious way this is a very good idea !

dave has a huge musical culture and always pays interest in new / upcoming stuff. he's into (with ppl like all the techno godfathers) a really broad range of music styles.

everyone who got old mixtapes of jeff mills aka the wizzard, or who tuned on the arly (or even recent) laurent garnier's radio show would be really happy to hear what could do clarke in a similar exercise.

too bad mr cox (who has also an extraodinary musical background) doesnt do this often with his "global" show

djfurness
07-07-2004, 09:25 AM
theres only one john peel
i dont think he'll ever retire anyways......he just loves music too much!!!!!!!

Ritzi Lee
07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Joehoe!?!?!
Can somebody tell what the F***K ya'll talking about??

anx
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
i hope i dont get flamed for this

but who the hell is john peel

like, i've heard of john peel sessions on many occasions

maybe cause i've been sheltered in canada my whole life???

jonnyspeed
07-07-2004, 05:31 PM
well nobody has come close in the last 30-40 years so it will be difficult - true understanding of the quality in any music. rare genius. I hate loads of stuff he plays - but I know he knows his stuff when he plays the best of the stuff you like....

Rhys
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
i hope i dont get flamed for this

but who the hell is john peel

like, i've heard of john peel sessions on many occasions

maybe cause i've been sheltered in canada my whole life???

John Peel is a legendary veteren DJ on Radio 1 in the UK and longtime champion of underground music of all genres.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/johnpeel/

davethedrummer
07-07-2004, 09:06 PM
CHRIS LIBERATOR & GEEZER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

??????? :?:

DJ Weiss
07-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Talking of Mark & Lard, what the hell happened to them? With out any warning, they get dropped by Radio 1 & moved to Radio 2 minus the boy Lard. What was that all about? :eh:

they had about a 6 months warning.. Lard does a show on 6 music, at the weekends i think... what a great loss to broadcasting.. they rocked it big stylee everyday

Frank Dogshit
26-10-2004, 05:14 PM
some nice comments on here chaps,thought id give this a bump.

jon connor
26-10-2004, 05:28 PM
a sad sad day for a legend, he will be missed, :cry: lets face it the only real radio 1 dj, but i dont think he will hang up the phones though, wherever hes heading in the other side im sure there will be a party there soon. :lol:

RESPECT JON PEEL RIP!

A TRUE LEGEND AND A SAINT TO A LOT OF ARTISTS HE HAS HELPED OVER THE YEARS,
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

fatcollective
26-10-2004, 05:35 PM
well said Jon Connor...he was a great Dj who had massive respect for all styles of muisc...very sad i must say.

jon connor
26-10-2004, 06:33 PM
had a drink with him once wen i was doing a semena, with him and judge poo! on behalf of the collage ha! ha! judge ad about 5 or 6 minders jon had none! tells you 1 thing he aint got nothing to be woried about coz he dident av an ego! he had time for us upcomings not just djs bands aswell, he gave me some great advice which i will always rember. ABSOLUTE JEDI! TOP GEEZA!

AS FOR JUDGE POO! I WOULDENT PISS ON IM IF HE WERE ON FIRE!

ARROGANT TWAT! :evil:

WAS GOOD THOUGH AT LEAST WE GOT TO TAKE THE P ON THE DECKS,HAHAHA,

I WAS THE ONLY 1 PLAYING TECHNO + THATS WHEN JON CAME TO AV A CHAT! COZ I WAS DIFFRENT, HE DIDENT HAVE TO BUT THAT WAS THE KINDA GEEZA HE WAS,

TOP BLOKE SHAME THERE WONT BE MORE LIKE HIM IN THE RADIO 1 CAMP! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: HEHEHEHEHE! ;)

davethedrummer
26-10-2004, 06:52 PM
just quickly to pint out that this is a really old thread written before he died
so please don't think any of the earlier answers are cold - hearted in any way.
i honestly don't think that anyone expected john peel to die at such a young age and we certainly never expected to be having this conversation for real.

r.i.p. john peel.
the grandfather of individual taste in music , hilarious studio technical problems , and playing records at the wrong speed.
he will be sadly missed.

:cry:

OriginalTechnobastard
26-10-2004, 10:02 PM
bit too early for this kind of topic don`t you think fellas :shock: ?

Frank Dogshit
26-10-2004, 10:06 PM
the whole point of bringing this topic up was for the good things said about the man before he actually died.

OriginalTechnobastard
26-10-2004, 10:37 PM
:doh:
still shouldn`t be upped

Frank Dogshit
26-10-2004, 10:38 PM
shut up

disco diva
27-10-2004, 11:47 AM
still shouldn`t be upped

& please, pray tell why!!?? It was an old thread & most people on the thread are in agreement that no-one could replace the great, late John Peel. ;)

Esox Lucius
27-10-2004, 12:22 PM
no one will ever be able to replace john, i hope r1 dont try and get someone to fill his shoes as it is not possible....they should start a whole new show.

OriginalTechnobastard
27-10-2004, 03:36 PM
still shouldn`t be upped

& please, pray tell why!!?? It was an old thread & most people on the thread are in agreement that no-one could replace the great, late John Peel. ;)

Yeah I know they are saying good things about him, it just doesn`t sit comfortabl with me seeing the topic read the new John Peel.

Frankie go eat some dog dodo

OriginalTechnobastard
27-10-2004, 03:39 PM
;)

No can replace what John Peel has done. I don`t think there ever will be someone with such influence on underground music.

All the best

davethedrummer
27-10-2004, 08:12 PM
still shouldn`t be upped

Yeah I know they are saying good things about him, it just doesn`t sit comfortabl with me seeing the topic read the new John Peel.

Frankie go eat some dog dodo

i know exactly what you mean
i'm finding it a bit hard seeing this old thread up and running at this sad time,
mark maybe we could erase this for now? it just doesn't sit right after such a great loss. :cry:

278d7e64a374de26f==