PDA

View Full Version : SX midi FX - Step sequencing techniques

The Divide
09-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Anyone got any ideas on this...

The step sequencer in sx, its ok but only seems to allow me to draw notes in one octave at a time. You change the octave and it shifts them to next octave instead of allowing me to draw notes in next octave above.

So my question is...

Are them any other SX midi fx plugins, are they downloadable, or is there another method to do all this? I have been going the long way around and using the matrix in reason. I know how to use the logical editor and I also could drawn them in key editor but its not what I am after

Cheers

MARKEG
09-07-2004, 01:35 AM
this is just what i asked about 3 months ago.

i really want to know this.

DJZeMig_L
09-07-2004, 02:15 AM
well just use more than one track for the same instrument...

easier fix!

Z

The Divide
09-07-2004, 09:30 AM
well just use more than one track for the same instrument...

easier fix!

Z

That sucks man!!

I guess there is no new midi sx plugins then. I am going to do some investigating, perhaps I will find some. They cant be huge programs because they only do some relatively simple tasks

Something here...

http://www.cubase.net/forum/Forum21/HTML/006476.html

And that leads to...

http://www.kvr-vst.com/get/675.html

:twisted: :twisted: Looks promising

The Divide
09-07-2004, 09:36 AM
...........Which eventually takes you to...

http://stepchild.subminimal.org/stepchild-v103a-beta-r6.zip

The Divide
09-07-2004, 09:45 AM
http://www.rozzer.net/StepSeq/Step_Machin.dll

herman
09-07-2004, 11:53 AM
not sure if its the same for the pc as mac but all you have to do to change the octave is click on the left hand side where the notes are and drag up or down. the already played notes stay where they are and become red so you know whereabouts they are in the pattern.

hope that helps

The Divide
09-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Yea thats what you would expect to happen but it doesnt on the pc. Shifts the whole lot up and octave. Perhaps its a bug...

herman
09-07-2004, 12:10 PM
I should point out i dont mean press the shift button but actually place the mouse pointer over the notes where it says c , c sharp whatever click and hold down then drag it up or down. didn't explain it very well there :oops:

The Divide
09-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Excellent I didnt know that, works too!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yea drag the not the note itself but the ruler and it moves off that octave.

Thanks!!!

Now its a shame that random function only randomizes the one octave!! Hahaha

Mig dont say logical editor :P !

I am going to try out these freeby ones, I am sure someone’s come up with something better than the step designer.

Miromiric
09-07-2004, 01:58 PM
i use chorder with stepdesigner. this way you choose chords on the piano roll. its nice.

The Divide
09-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice man :lol:

MARKEG
09-07-2004, 02:15 PM
oh brilliant!

thanks everyone.

DJZeMig_L
15-07-2004, 01:46 PM
That's what I call Creative input!!

U guys Rock!!

Z

rounser
16-07-2004, 01:10 PM
If you're fond of working this way as I am, you really should check out a couple of excellent step sequencer plugins, ERA and EST here:
www.sonicbytes.com
ERA is the MIDI version, EST is the sampler version. There's per note sliders for note length, note delay, fills etc...you can even enter a chord into a single step, or switch to a drums mode. It's a really focused, creative way to work, and IMO they're way superior to both Stepchild and Reason's Matrix.

DJZeMig_L
16-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Looks meaty!! :)

Z

The Divide
21-07-2004, 01:06 AM
If you're fond of working this way as I am, you really should check out a couple of excellent step sequencer plugins, ERA and EST here:
www.sonicbytes.com
ERA is the MIDI version, EST is the sampler version. There's per note sliders for note length, note delay, fills etc...you can even enter a chord into a single step, or switch to a drums mode. It's a really focused, creative way to work, and IMO they're way superior to both Stepchild and Reason's Matrix.

Thanks man, I will give this a try and let you know what I think

278d7e64a374de26f==