PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shadow - In Tune and On Time

matt303
09-07-2004, 06:07 PM
...before i get the usual, i know that this isn't techno, but again i think more people would appreciate it in here than elsewhere on the board...now to the good stuff...

Has anyone heard this yet, it is ****ing tip top. The ultimate sample master re-jigs his back catalog, blending multiple tracks together and sequencing the whole thing in key. Absolutly rocking, a must have.

thoughts?

gary_human
09-07-2004, 06:36 PM
I wanna hear this - shadow is THE man - or one of em!!!

matt303
09-07-2004, 06:55 PM
it just totally blew me away. I was dissappointed with the last album, but this is super fresh...there is a DVD as well...well worth a watch.

gary_human
09-07-2004, 07:06 PM
That last DJ Shadow 12" was awesome - the one about war - tommorrow never comes until its too late!!!

DJ Shadow appreciation society in a hard techno style?! ;)

borisXHL
10-07-2004, 09:59 AM
yeah shadow is dope but his recent stuff didnt do for me, hope to get classic like the private press someday.. ;]

TripleX
10-07-2004, 11:35 AM
i love dj shadow
private press and preemtive strike are wicked
didnĀ“t even listen to his new stuff yet :eh:

scotttechfunk
10-07-2004, 12:27 PM
His latest DVD is phenomenal. On the extra features there's him, cut chemist and another DJ who I forget the name of each on a MPC3000 (or equivalent) and a mixer and they're just using straight up samples to create the track. There's one bit where shadow is punching a drum pattern rhythm on the MPC, while crabscratching with the other hand!!!!!! It's like :shock: !

The Overfiend
10-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Dj Shadow is rediculous, but yes this kinda of isnt the forum for this topic, nevertheless I will leave it unless Eg disapproves, we dont want to cloud the train of thought here. You're lucky I like shadow mofo ;)

matt303
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Dj Shadow is rediculous, but yes this kinda of isnt the forum for this topic, nevertheless I will leave it unless Eg disapproves, we dont want to cloud the train of thought here. You're lucky I like shadow mofo ;)

Much appreciated...the thing is, i could post this in the general forum and it would just get lost, so i put it in here, as it is more likely to appeal to the clientele...and i want to here what people think, because as i said, this knocked me on my ass.

borisXHL
11-07-2004, 04:20 PM
i finally managed to listen to it and its really really great, some private press shit some good unkle beats b-sides and crackin stuff :love:

jonnyspeed
11-07-2004, 06:35 PM
excellent thread!

DJ Shadow is how ywr say... er... dope. Another top-talent that techno heeeeds might like is... (drum roll) Ronnie Size, especial the first Reprazent LP

Adverse
11-07-2004, 06:36 PM
excellent thread!

DJ Shadow is how ywr say... er... dope. Another top-talent that techno heeeeds might like is... (drum roll) Ronnie Size, especial the first Reprazent LP

ill. *boowwwwwwwnweeeerrrrrerrrreeeeeerrrrr* heheh brown paper bag :P

jonnyspeed
11-07-2004, 10:15 PM
lol.

what I meant to say was...

the exclusive white one sided label promo of Hammer'n'Tong 17 (unwaterwater Scandivanian dark analogue remix featuring Regis's mum and auntie on the kitchenware and film samples from 60's French gangster movie, on red 7"

silly me.

278d7e64a374de26f==