PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics, last sunday

dirty_bass
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, the 1st dynamics is done.
We had a low turnout, but as it was the first event of a new thing, in a new club, this was expected.

We worked really hard on this thing, and I`m sure people will tell you, the sound system was lovely and the venue we decorarated to look pretty good, so come down to the next one or we kill the puppy.

Special thanks to Jim Fish and the lovely Jackie, for showing support and for being damn nice peeps.
Also to Dean Rodell for being a top geezer, and to Mr Swales, another top geezer award due.
Jason is a Shit Hot DJ, more people should be booking him, a diverse sound, and very slick mixing skills, plus he does a funky dance whilst playing ;) , book him now.
To Blip(Tony) sorry mate, everone was dead or gone by the time you came :cry: Your set blew us all away mate.
I thoroughly recommend anyone book tony to play in their club. The guy plays really good minimal and click techno, so jackin even I had to dance, and I was really really tired. His standard of mixing is pretty much flawless, his choice of tunes flows together so well it`s a dream. Hearing music like this played so well on a nice sound system was truly a pleasurable experience. Thank you Tony.

Anyway, big thanks to those who showed, we`ll confirm the next one soon. Tell your friends.

The Overfiend
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Next turn out better be packed peoples.
Knowing Steve I know his heart and soul went into the project. :clap:
I can only pray next time the kids will swarm but if the vibe was good then the objective was safe!
Steve..........
Please tell me you recorded everything.

hiroprotagonist
12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
hey i was there and it was great. even though i was really tired and took a quick nap i got up to dance to blip. awesome set. love that "bonk squidly ploink ploink" techno.
i do wish more people had shown up. maybe its the sunday morning thing. but anyways it was great fun. thanks

Traxx
12-07-2004, 07:16 PM
who's this blip character is he a local dj? any links to sets or that people? coz am a big fan of bleepy techno :twisted:

ps. good luck with future nights, wish we had those type of party's down here but unfortunatley we dont :roll:

jonnyspeed
12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
sorry man - complexities meant I got as far as my mates house - and things kinda took a turn, as they say. Anyway promise to come to the next one.

:oops:

Rog
14-07-2004, 01:13 PM
i'm still alive after my camden food!!!

D/Bass that cd will be in post tonight, hope all isn't hurting to hard.. midweek and i'm only regaining my "work clock!"

All fun eh!!! :crackup:

dirty_bass
14-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Cheers Rog, nice mix CD by the way.
Big thanks to you as well mate.

Tony
14-07-2004, 04:08 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

shucks boys, cheers all.

erm, i'm blip, wish i had a mix on line, but 1deck still comes out mono and i cant afford to get it fixed, curses!!

really, really, really glad you liked the set. i do try to be my moneys worth.

the place is lovely, and the people are dead sound, all the good ingredients for it sticking around methinks.

ps - i also play 'flawless' across hard techno, electro, electronica too if anyones got a spot they need filling. lord knows i need the cash.

Rog
14-07-2004, 04:20 PM
cheers Dirtybass!

ahh also cheers for the chewns, man you and sick bass lines!!! :clap:

Nymphomytechno
14-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Yep... gotta say (without any bias whatsoever) I thought you played exceptionally well and I couldn't stop my feet tapping the entire time... I'm only peeved that the recordings on my fone didn't come out - you played some BRILLIANT tuneage - I think I'll just have to watch you do the naked rendition on Sunday ;) :love:

Tony
14-07-2004, 05:56 PM
thats a promise ;-)

ampassasinbirmingham
14-07-2004, 06:09 PM
sounds as if your set went down a treat grainger. i think you smell

At the weekend i went back to sean(spotted dogs) (whar)house>>>

the most ****ed up place ever? I wheeled myself round on a wheelchair all night and went down the half pipe on it :shock:

Tony
14-07-2004, 06:12 PM
seans place is the way forward, and he knows it!! great things when that kicks off more.

you smell too, hippy ;) :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
14-07-2004, 06:14 PM
what a nice guy. he clearly puts lots of effort into that place. me thinks me be partying there many times more

ampassasinbirmingham
14-07-2004, 06:15 PM
we went medicine bar and went back after because there had been a drum and bass party there. we chilled with them lot and played pool and drank beer till 7:30. Couldnt have felt more welcome.

gary_human
15-07-2004, 12:29 PM
I had a real good time - good to meet up with a loada peeps from the site!

Thanks for the kind words - your live set was quality Steve and Tony's glitchy style house set was like a breath of fresh air for when i got in there (late)- here's to the next one :lol:

Jimfish
27-07-2004, 10:25 PM
oops ,
sorry only just got round to replying to this :oops:
Was a wicked day, wicked club, with some wicked people.

Thanks steve for finding us a place to kip when we first arrived - we had been on the piss all weekend beforehand :)

Shame about the attendance yes but i had a wicked day chatting to people and attempting to drink myself sober. Met some real nice people - and i think that was the beauty of it, the people were all so nice. So hopefully everyone thinks the same and they will all bring a few more people next time - im going to..

Tonys set sounded like the best of the day (missed yours steve while i slept :doh: ) but i couldnt really give it my attention as i got into a bit of a monster chinwag with pat.

Anyway, great fun day, see you all at the next one!

dirty_bass
27-07-2004, 11:26 PM
22nd August next one.

I`ll spam the details on the Promotion Page soon.

278d7e64a374de26f==