PDA

View Full Version : Nasty, Wrist Slashing, Techno for your deathbed

dirty_bass
13-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok, found myslef in a cheerful mood recently.
Made the most depressing, evil thing I have done for a long time.
Very Hard, once again I would value some outside judgement on it.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Feels_Like_Nothing_Understand.mp3

Col
13-07-2004, 05:35 PM
i love this. very dark & thoughtful.

the only grouch i do have is maybe you should change that kick for something not as heavy, a kick that that is a little crisper, something with a little more mid-range. and perhaps change that doubled up openhat for another.

dan the acid man
13-07-2004, 07:56 PM
i love the spoken sample in it, it just sit's nicely, it's one of those that will annoy you wondering what is being said :lol:
i agree with col on the kick, it is a little boomy and reverby for my tastes, oh and its just got to the end, and now i know what was being said in the sample, nice ending.

jake
13-07-2004, 09:23 PM
i like the bassline and atmospherics are cool too.. nice work as always

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 01:18 AM
i wouldnt say it was very hard, but it is certainly dark as hell.

very drifty & wide. likin this for the earlyier part of the night. scary but with huge funk & not just an overloaded mess.

broken beat is gettin stronger & stronger (yes, i know its nowt new, but it is gaining followers at a pace these days)

like this. Good Work Dirty :clap:

p.s what did you make it one ?

dirty_bass
14-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Yep, I`ll see about making the kick crisper, less `verby and more mid range, it should give more room for the bassline.

This was entirely software. The atmos were taken from one of the tracks done by my old industrial band, and screwed with.

The vocals are Charles Bukowski, reading "An action afternoon" from 70 minutes in hell.

Rog
14-07-2004, 04:36 PM
I steamed of the heavy or pressure type drifting noises, gave it such a suffercating feel, this did leave the kick a little low - but for me it soounds nice - just needs to be more "punchey!"

The bass as such dosent truly appreciate.. on my headphones!!! lol i imagine.. or actually know for a fact all of ya basssss is spot on, never distoirtion, just pure heavy groan :clap: :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
15-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Ok I`ve cleaned this up now, the kick is more in the mid range leaving more room for the bassline. Other things have been tweaked.

Same link as before.

I`ve got a bunch of this stuff, and I`m not sure what to do with it.

I may release it digitaly on the londontechno site. Digital "labels" seem to be the trendy way to go at the moment.

slavestudios
15-07-2004, 10:17 PM
i dunno what y'all listen to these trax on, but when i put this thru my Jamo pas speakers (500w with limiters & compression thu a Spirit desk) the bass is certainly there & the kick sounded more pronounced than it did on my Absolute 2s (i'm a lucky chap to have both)

must say, ive been very impressed with all the trax ive listened to since joining this board. so much quality even from an MP3 d/l

Good Work Fellas :clap:

dirty, what software ya running ?

and respect for diggin into your industrial days. i was once in such a band but have no recordings of our work :cry:

however, it does my soul no end of good to know that someone is doing what your doing. good work fella.

lookin to ge your cd too when i get some cash (if it doesnt go straight into posters or pa hire as usual :cry: )

Stella Boy
15-07-2004, 10:57 PM
A tip for you DB - lock yourself in a shitty dark room and listen to the most depressing cure & smiths stuff you can get your hands on then come out and lay down another track like this because this is quality. :clap:

dan the acid man
16-07-2004, 12:00 AM
this is sounding alot better, everything sit's together well now. i really love listening to stuff like this when iv'e got in from a night out :cool:

The Overfiend
17-07-2004, 06:00 PM
I hate that i am still not online from my abode yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrggh friggin lease name changes!
Soon my brother we'll be in business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Col
17-07-2004, 08:16 PM
lovely. thats better. lovin the tribal percussion. work that body!

technopunk
21-07-2004, 11:16 PM
depressing hell!

this tune makes me wanna pump a fist or 2. nice textures, nice programming, nice bassline, builds nicely too. and the treatment on the vocal sounds pretty slick, it blends in well. i'd totally play this. and i'd have to play it to the end to let that vocal shine out at the end.

nice one

c

Drumsquasher
22-07-2004, 08:18 AM
This could be the title melody for an edgar wallace movie...

This is not the stuff, where I bang with my head when I hear it, but your productions are perfect mastered and there are ideas (thats, what i miss here in germany) and wicked noises...

Again a great job!

Akkachar
23-07-2004, 03:23 PM
I like this one, this is some twisted :twisted: shit...

Nasty bassline, sick vocal...

Good work

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 09:03 PM
:clap: You're a genious famalam.

dirty_bass
23-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Cheers, everyone. The support, advice and critisism here has really helped me over the last few months to improve and push my production forward, and also to gain confidence in what I do.
Once again, thanks everyone.

I think Dan probably deseves extra special thanks from everyone here for constantly supporting, and checking every damn tune that gets posted in this section.

dan the acid man
24-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Cheers, everyone. The support, advice and critisism here has really helped me over the last few months to improve and push my production forward, and also to gain confidence in what I do.
Once again, thanks everyone.

I think Dan probably deseves extra special thanks from everyone here for constantly supporting, and checking every damn tune that gets posted in this section.

i just love my music, and i think, if someone has taken the time to write a track, and post it on here, then the least we can do, is give it a listen, and give some feedback :oops: :dance:

romelpotter
27-07-2004, 10:39 PM
absolutly bump

this track is cool btw, i would like to hear a shit hard pounding version though with that bass line. i like this a lot :lol:

dirty_bass
27-07-2004, 11:20 PM
I may do a bangin 4x4 rework, or if someone wants a go at doin a 4x4 remix, I`ll supply the parts.

romelpotter
28-07-2004, 08:24 AM
i would be up for that :lol:

DJZeMigL
28-07-2004, 12:52 PM
m8 if u ever need alame rework/ remix U know U can count on me, just don't say that I've destroid a good track, 'cause I will 4 sure! lol!!

Z

TechMouse
28-07-2004, 03:16 PM
This could be the title melody for an edgar wallace movie...

Yeah, I was gonna say something like this. The word cinematic instantly springs to mind.

jesus
29-07-2004, 03:50 PM
i like this. nice bassline and druming. nothing bad to say.

StoQ
29-07-2004, 05:56 PM
mhhhh, mniam mniam, your track sounds very clean and properly mastered. Quality. I have a strange question: how much time did u spend on this track ??? I ask cuz it seems to have many sounds and i've learned more sounds in track = more work :) . Another thing is that in 0:28 comes very nasty phuturistic rhythm(i'd like more punchy pomp sub-bass) cheers, really enjoyed listening your spank :D

dirty_bass
29-07-2004, 11:01 PM
This track is about 4 days work, but I usually work on about 2-3 tunes at the same time, changing when I get bored or stuck.

Buttman
30-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Not bad!

Bassline kind of takes over all of track though, maybe you could try to separate the kick and the bass (EQ wise) to make more space for them both?

dirty_bass
30-07-2004, 12:26 AM
There ain`t a hell of a lot of room left in the mix. The kicks are way into low mid, and the bass is right below, it does get a little crowded when the filter on the bit reduction opens up, but that`s kinda the point.
I may work on it some more when I`m in that kinda mood again though.

But then again, clit wobblin bass is my bag baby, I wouldn`t wanna take it down any more than it is.

278d7e64a374de26f==