PDA

View Full Version : Any good festivals happening this summer in Europe?

mrbenn
13-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Any one know of anything good kicking off this summer anywere in Europe?

MangaFish
13-07-2004, 09:30 PM
i'm heading off to godskitchen global gathering in a few weeks. cant rememebr the exact line up, but theres an arena set up by carl cox and it looked very good :D

i dont really know about europe but the UK has had pretty much most of its festivals already.

tioneb
13-07-2004, 09:32 PM
concerning france the only good one is atropolis

its their 10 yeras birthday, like each year they have big line up .. this year they also have garnier doing a 10 hours set for the birthday

Graeme EUK
13-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Dancevalley in Amsterdam is always amazing, though I aint been since my son was born.. They've usually got a wicked techno line up, this year seems no exception: Jeff Mills, Dave Clarke, Michel de Hey, Darren Kay, Adam Beyer, Monika Kruse, Billy Nasty, Montana, Jay Samuel, The Advent LIVE, Umek, Cristian Varela, Christian Smith, Ben Sims, Technasia, Jack de Marseille, Oxia, Anderson Noise, Nami Sucker, Phil Kieran, SLAM! LIVE. Amongst many others! www.dancevalley.nl

mattboyslim
13-07-2004, 11:21 PM
global gathering will be full of tossers, good techno line up tho. coxy, dave clarke, umek, michel de hey (i think) etc. good breaks tent too.

q-base looks good. think its on border of germany and belguim in an old air base. think im goin there. uve missed sonar but ive heard it rocked

MangaFish
13-07-2004, 11:28 PM
global gathering will be full of tossers

yeah, but the tosseres will be in the other tents with more accessable music styles like hardhouse and dnb

sash
13-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Dancevalley in Amsterdam is always amazing, though I aint been since my son was born.. They've usually got a wicked techno line up, this year seems no exception: Jeff Mills, Dave Clarke, Michel de Hey, Darren Kay, Adam Beyer, Monika Kruse, Billy Nasty, Montana, Jay Samuel, The Advent LIVE, Umek, Cristian Varela, Christian Smith, Ben Sims, Technasia, Jack de Marseille, Oxia, Anderson Noise, Nami Sucker, Phil Kieran, SLAM! LIVE. Amongst many others! www.dancevalley.nl

Fuk'n hell...I'd eat my left foot to go to a party like that.....

serox
14-07-2004, 05:16 PM
* Mindcontroller V @ The Fun, Zaandam
* Hellbound Outdoor @ Hemkaade - 17 july
* Decibel Outdoor @ Rotterdam - August (bank holiday
* Hellraiser in Germany

Bigger, bolder and better than anything going on in the UK for sure.:rambo:

I am going Hellbound this weekend with a bunch of people, tickets are still avail. heres line up.

Lady Dana
Radium [F]
Speedfreak [Ger]
The Horrorist live [USA]
Buzz Fuzz
Promo
Lenny Dee [USA]
Endymion
Champ-E-On
Hellfish
Rob & MC Joe
The Rapist
Uzi
Manu le Malin & Torgull 6 decks [F]
Pavo
The DJ Producer [UK]
Dr. Macabre [F]
The Vizitor
DJ Daisy [F]
Bass-D
Miss Flower [CH]
Leviathan
Hades live
Armageddon Project [IT]
D-Passion
Thundergods of Asgard live
Dione
Simon Underground [UK]
Dr. Z-Vago
Sunny-D
Osiris
Partyraiser
T-Junction
Franky Jones
Dano
Flamman
Jappo a.k.a. Unexist [IT]
Chosen Few
Bountyhunter
Tieum [F]
Claudio Lancinhouse [IT]
The Viper

hosted by Da Mouth of Madness

Hardstyle by Seismic records
Deepack
Daniele Mondello
Beholder & Balistic
Lady Tom
Zany
Max B Grant
Gizmo
Live: Showtek
The Prophet vs. Technoboy
Host: MC Ruffian

Hardtrance by OXA
Cosmic Gate
Dave 202
Marcel Woods
Luca Antolini
Noise
Francois
Abel Ramos
Dumonde
Host: MC Mighty Mike

Early Rave by back2school
Ruffneck
Digital Boy
Lady Dana
Panic
Gijs
Darkraver
Stanton
Rob
Host: MC Joe

Trance by Gesture
Rank 1
Tatana
Misja Helsloot
Don Diablo
Live: Miika Kuisma
Signum
Ronald van Gelderen
Above & Beyond
Host: MC Little Mike

Techno by EC records
Joel Mull
Mark Broom
Michel de Hey
Live: Coming Soon
Agoria
Jay Samuel
Live: Secret Cinema
Henrik B
Host: MC Paul T

Hardcore by Offensive records
Paul Elstak
Tommyknocker
Live: Angerfist
Catscan
Claudio Lancinhouse
The Viper
Miss Flower
Live: Evil Activities
Darkvizion
Vince
DJ Neophyte
Host: MC Syco

Jumpstyle by Jumper records
Da Boy Tommy
Yves
Greg C
Steve Dexter vs. Nigel Hawks
HS
Zero-Gi
Furax
Yoeri
Da Tekno Warriors
Host: MC Da Rick

neko
14-07-2004, 08:06 PM
that looks ****ing quality serox.
would love to go to something like that.
will just have to settle for the global gathering.

Adverse
14-07-2004, 11:38 PM
who books someone called the rapist, really.

Sunil
14-07-2004, 11:46 PM

Yeah 'The Rapist'.. it don't leave much to the imagination that's for sure. 1st prize for the most stupid DJ name anyway.

TechMouse
15-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah 'The Rapist'.. it don't leave much to the imagination that's for sure. 1st prize for the most stupid DJ name anyway.

I'm pretty sure I saw a DJ Wanker advertised once.

twieq
15-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Hmm, here's a list of what I find interesting:

Nature One in Germany, in an old abandoned military camp, check www.nature-one.de
it's the thirth time I go there and the festival is amazing, both in environment, as the dj's/acts that will appear there as in price, only 52 euro for a two day festival with approx. 250 dj's!

Also in Germany, Sonnemondsterne and Liberty One. You can find iinfo on the nature one site.

Q-base, as mentioned indeed above is good also. it's the first time they organise it and they have a pretty good line up, in fact, more than one, coz they have different stages. On one of those stages, Mark EG will perform too. Site www.q-dance.nl

Dance Valley indeed is allways fine, but more expensive

Here in Belgium, on the 16th of july, ten days off will start, ten days of electronic music with names such as Richie Hawtin, Garnier, Atkins, Derrick May, Villalobos, lots of live acts, and so on and so on......a huge list, just check their site. Festival lastst till 26th of july and coz of their tenth birthday, it will be held in two locations at the same time.
www.10daysoff.be

Ten days are during "the Gentse feesten" a 10 days streetfestival in the city of Gent.....

serox
16-07-2004, 08:02 AM

its about hardcore, they all try to be the most hardcore. Hes a wikkid DJ, wears a gimp outfit n shit some times.

these raves are ****ing evil and dark. its a 12 hour rave indoor and outdoor. u get the chance to hear some real hardcore techno, not fluffy club techno/trance that i hear all the time now :(

serox
16-07-2004, 09:24 AM
check the pics from previous Hellbound. Many pics of Oliver Chesler

http://www.thingstocome.com/shows/netherlands/HellboundQueensday04/1.html

278d7e64a374de26f==