PDA

View Full Version : player 18

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 02:27 PM
can someone please listen to this on tuneinn.com and tell me where they have nicked that riff and synth from. Am sure they have been nicking stuff off other tracks again. Shitty samples again spoiling what doesn't sound a too bad vinyl. Best heard for a while but vocals put me off. Will have to listen in shop before i make my mind up.

mattboyslim
14-07-2004, 02:41 PM
dave clarke - stay out of the light

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 03:27 PM
i knew they had stole it from somewhere just could not put me finger on it cheers. Bloody player stop nicking samples!!!!!

Frank Dogshit
14-07-2004, 03:55 PM
i bloody hated that eminem sampled track they did,worst thing i heard last year.

was the last one they sampled the mauritzio track??

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 04:25 PM
yeah it was and that is a very big crime in my opinion. Please get some new ideas player and stop blatantly taking the piss

The Overfiend
14-07-2004, 09:08 PM
yeah it was and that is a very big crime in my opinion. Please get some new ideas player and stop blatantly taking the piss

I love the ballsy ones on the forum
Oi@!

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 10:10 PM
:rambo:

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 10:17 PM
only got a few Players. not bad, just not my bag. leaning to the disco side of cut-up-ness

some of the samples are very blatant imo but if hes gettin away with it...
on the odd ocassion i do sample a record, i make a point of twistin it beyond recognition. just lifting a four beat loop is quite lazy. again, imo

for what its worth, i like the Beltram remix of player ?

azerom04
14-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I used to like player but i haven't bought any since i heard Judge Jules play one on radio 1.

DJMAYA
14-07-2004, 10:30 PM
il have to go check this out.
i like the label, and its blatentness. im sure its just done for a good laugh mostly cos they certainly wont be making millions from player.

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 10:54 PM
its party techno. a load of Players & a stck of Ignition Technician & you can wreck any house party :lol:

Sunil
14-07-2004, 11:20 PM
a stck of Ignition Technician & you can wreck any house party :lol:

Speaking of which the Wedafugawi album was weak in my opinion, I think an album that captured some of their hard side of the past would have worked a lot better... This album really made them look like one trick ponies when I reckon they are capable of a lot more.

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 11:25 PM
they won't do the hard stuff again i think cos they have a niche in the commercial crossover market now. I was talking to wilko on friday about being on fergie's show and so on but like he said to me whay can you do if he and other like him dig there stuff. I feel sorry for the guys in a way cos the lame stuff they make sells shit loads and they have to make a living out of this game cos this is there full time job. Its catch 22

slavestudios
14-07-2004, 11:26 PM
i much prefer their earlier stuff. lot tuffer & dirtier.

heard the album. didnt buy it. once u get about half a dozen IT 12s, u pretty much got that sound covered. suppose you could say that of most producers though.

hows trix sunil ? all good down your way ?

Tiptoe
14-07-2004, 11:33 PM
esrlyier stuff was rocking like pimp 001 and ignition technition vs pounding grooves sewer rat. The vs spounding grooves is one of my fave tunes

Sunil
14-07-2004, 11:41 PM
hows trix sunil ? all good down your way ?

Ah alright I suppose, the usual, on paper Dublin looks like a hot spot, I'm not so convinced though :neutral:
Check your email man, just sent you one ;)

Frank Dogshit
14-07-2004, 11:57 PM
youve got hawtin down at the red box soon aint ya?? :rambo:

Sunil
15-07-2004, 12:04 AM
youve got hawtin down at the red box soon aint ya?? :rambo:

Yeah he is, what's your point?
Arggh don't mind me, bit of a head on me today :neutral:

Trip Head
15-07-2004, 04:50 PM
they won't do the hard stuff again i think cos they have a niche in the commercial crossover market now. I was talking to wilko on friday about being on fergie's show and so on but like he said to me whay can you do if he and other like him dig there stuff. I feel sorry for the guys in a way cos the lame stuff they make sells shit loads and they have to make a living out of this game cos this is there full time job. Its catch 22

Yeh its a shame, I liked player 3 and 4, but now the new ones just make me cringe. And worq it on wedafuqwai 01 is one of my favourite hard techno tunes. But that's the only pounding track I think they ever made.

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 06:56 PM
not bought any ignition tech tunes in ages,really poor quality this last year.
last tune i bought was 'temper tronic' i think cos i liked that old bizarre inc sample it had.

The Overfiend
17-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Ignition Technition Robosexual
Wedafuqawi Stuff
What happened to the tougher days?
Not to say I don't appreciate what they do now....
But it's dare I say 20 minutes in the studio Loop, Kick, added hat and a hip hop vocal. no offense guys at all really. But C'mon the general dj or the general public eats it alive but to those of us who know what's up it's like cheating and blatantly getting away with it.

Adverse
17-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Ignition Technition Robosexual
Wedafuqawi Stuff
What happened to the tougher days?
Not to say I don't appreciate what they do now....
But it's dare I say 20 minutes in the studio Loop, Kick, added hat and a hip hop vocal. no offense guys at all really. But C'mon the general dj or the general public eats it alive but to those of us who know what's up it's like cheating and blatantly getting away with it.

is that dissent? haha lovin' it you big brute.

dan the acid man
17-07-2004, 07:52 PM
im not a fan of this one either

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 01:30 PM
have a blast at makin a 3 track Player style track. it aint THAT easy. just slappin 3 loops together does not work. u may not like it, but theres a certain skill in pickin stuff that dont clash

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 03:41 PM
have a blast at makin a 3 track Player style track. it aint THAT easy. just slappin 3 loops together does not work. u may not like it, but theres a certain skill in pickin stuff that dont clash
:doh:

Adverse
18-07-2004, 06:27 PM

uhhhhhhhh :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==