PDA

View Full Version : Anyone offer constructive criticism on drum pattern?...

scotttechfunk
14-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey all, I'm a newcomer to the production side of things, but wondered if you could do me a favour and take a quick listen to this drum pattern i'm putting together. There's no regurgitated loops in there, its all hand crafted, i just wanna know what people make of the hi-hat pattern - its nothing fancy, but I keep swinging between thinking it sounds too bland, and then too busy, know what i mean?!!! I know the kick needs work, its a bit gutless.

Remember i'm a baby to this shiiiieeeet, so don't go expecting anything that good...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/scottmush/techno/contradiction_beat.mp3

Thanks geezers and geezerettes

slavestudios
15-07-2004, 01:05 AM
i like the loop. nice rolling vibe. maybe make a few variations with the hats to give some movement, but ther than, good work fella

Col
15-07-2004, 01:11 AM
sounds ok to me thus far. throw some percussion in there, and post it back up. ;)

scotttechfunk
15-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for your feedback fellas, glad you liked it. Speaking of percussion, I'm interested in getting some sort of handheld device for recording random sounds to use for my percussion, do any of you fellas use something along them lines? If so, whats the best piece of equipment to use? Mobile MP3 recorder? Mini disc recorder?

slavestudios
15-07-2004, 03:32 PM
i'm a big fn of MD (with LP4 i can record my entire club night on one disc)
but mp3 seem to be the future.

and u can listne back to MD without a pc

dan the acid man
16-07-2004, 12:43 AM
it sounds good to me, i would maybe throw in a shorter hat somewhere to add a little variety

azerom04
16-07-2004, 12:51 AM
it sounds good to me, i would maybe throw in a shorter hat somewhere to add a little variety

I have to agree with dan's comment.

You've got a good base for a tune :clap:

scotttechfunk
16-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks geezers. I tried working a shorter hat in yesterday evening but wasn't really in the zone if you know what i mean. I'm hoping to nail it tonight though!... Thanks for your positive comments though :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==