PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo back in Liverpool

Esox Lucius
15-07-2004, 07:55 AM
starting in october @ the carling academy.

1th anniversary special will be held on Sat 2nd October followed by a Halloween party with Atomic Jam on Sat 30th October. Guest DJ's and acts will be announced soon,

taken from another board :roll:

teknorich
15-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Wooo Ha!!!!!

:clap:

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 12:44 PM
brilliant news.

the new venues excellent too!

voodoo really is a belter!!some class nights await! :lol: :lol:

Tiptoe
15-07-2004, 01:07 PM
does anyone know who is running the night cos i would like to send them a cd see if there is any chance of getting on there.

Eddie
15-07-2004, 01:13 PM
does anyone know who is running the night cos i would like to send them a cd see if there is any chance of getting on there.
It is the same fella who ran it last time, Sam Jones, check the carling academy web site (the new venue) as i think he works for them now.

Tiptoe
15-07-2004, 01:18 PM
thanks

Esox Lucius
15-07-2004, 01:22 PM
wonder if they will have the voodoo board up and running again?

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 01:27 PM
ope so.

lookin forward to seein what djs they get in this year,that jam night will be a cracker! :clap:

Traxx
15-07-2004, 01:29 PM
aint it gonna be in la bateu (however the fuk its spelt) again?

Tiptoe
15-07-2004, 01:31 PM
yep will be making the effort to get down and support the night. Just hope its not on the same night as darkside

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 01:32 PM
aint it gonna be in la bateu (however the fuk its spelt) again?

nah,they only really have rock nights in there thesedays.

the academys a decent replacement tho,ill give them that.

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 01:33 PM
its usually on saturdays voodoo so shouldnt clash with the darkside.

Tiptoe
15-07-2004, 01:38 PM
good stuff will deff be down for a few then :lol:

teknorich
15-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Will be great to have it back. Different venue will create a different vibe (Le Bateau was alaway dark and dirty!) but should still be top notch. We need more techno round here!

Has anyone been to Possibly Infected at all? (www.possiblyinfected.co.uk) I've seen a few posters for their nights. Think this is their second one, as they are just starting to promote in Liverpool. Anyone been? Is it any good??

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 01:58 PM
steve shiels and his possibly infected.

heard about a few of the nights taking place but not heard any reports at all. could never see a techno night on a thursday down the magnet working out anyway. :doh:

Eddie
15-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Finally we can officially announce that the legendary techno club Voodoo is returning to Liverpool with a new monthly party at the Carling Academy (anyone who was there on NYE will know what a special venue it is!). The 11th anniversary special will be held on Sat 2nd October followed by a Halloween party with Atomic Jam on Sat 30th October. Guest DJ's and acts will be announced soon, keep an eye on the website for more info, www.liverpool-academy.co.uk

Feel free to PM me for any other info.

Voodoo out

teknorich
15-07-2004, 02:18 PM
No, thursday is a bad move. I was busy the last time, and I'm in Berlin for the next one...
Wouldn't want to go clubbing on a thursday, cos then I couldn't fully let myself go, knowing I'm in work on the friday.

Superb news about Voodoo. Can't wait for that!!

Katie
15-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Can't wait for this, just gutted i'm now moving further away from liverpool which is a bastard! oh well! :roll:

Stella Boy
15-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Excellent news, looks like I can finally break my voodoo cherry after years of wanting to go but never actually getting there :oops:

Frank Dogshit
15-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Should be a decent list of djs playin there too.

None of your Umeks,Baileys,Beyers or any of that dung.

eyes without a face
15-07-2004, 09:00 PM
this is superb, its not gonna be like it was but its Voodoo and its coming back! Seriously, if NYE was anything to go by then its gonna be ace. There's no way its gonna recapture its olden days, it used to be REALLLLLYYYY ****ing special, there was no place like Voodoo, but i know its gonna be darrrrkkk for sure so come on lets ave it!

Stella Boy
15-07-2004, 09:26 PM
this is superb, its not gonna be like it was but its Voodoo and its coming back! Seriously, if NYE was anything to go by then its gonna be ace. There's no way its gonna recapture its olden days, it used to be REALLLLLYYYY **** special, there was no place like Voodoo, but i know its gonna be darrrrkkk for sure so come on lets ave it!

Sorry but who played on NYE :oops:

Traxx
15-07-2004, 09:54 PM
only residents werent it? :eh:

Stella Boy
15-07-2004, 09:57 PM
only residents werent it? :eh:

Can't go wrong with resident nights.

neko
15-07-2004, 09:58 PM
yeah residents, steve shiels, lee groves etc.
didnt go myself but heard it was quite good.

Stella Boy
15-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Anyone know of any links to mixes by these guys or from Voodoo guests :?:

neko
15-07-2004, 10:03 PM
never come across any myself mate
maybe someone else has though

eyes without a face
15-07-2004, 10:09 PM
my good friend and other half (Dj wise that is!) Brendan Long played also on NYE, twas a fantastic night, it was Bren's 21st at midnight and he played last set, then boy was there some fun after that night! hahahaha

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2004, 12:36 AM
voodoo nye was very good indeed. not a guest dj in sight but a packed club none the less. :lol:

Traxx
16-07-2004, 12:55 AM
i went the jam on new year

EmotionComplex
16-07-2004, 02:04 AM
i havent been to voodoo since 2002 @ the masque :shock:

im defiently going in october, never been the carling academy befoer either so itll be cool

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 08:12 AM
last time i went to voodoo was the supposedly 'last ever' voodoo in 2002 with clarke & fenton, will be interesting to see how it goes down and whether it still has the voodoo magic :cool:

basslinejunkie
16-07-2004, 03:47 PM

ive got a couple of lee groves cds mate,he owns a vinyl shop where i live an sells then now an again,i could do a copy an send u them if you like? there tech-house by the way.

Eddie
16-07-2004, 03:52 PM
There is a electro / house one of brendan long kicking about aswell, he was class on NYE

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2004, 04:02 PM

ive got a couple of lee groves cds mate,he owns a vinyl shop where i live an sells then now an again,i could do a copy an send u them if you like? there tech-house by the way.

wouldnt bother really,lee doesnt really represent the true voodoo style.
hes was always best when he was playing that back room at le batuea,funky house all night long.

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2004, 04:04 PM
i havent been to voodoo since 2002 @ the masque :shock:

im defiently going in october, never been the carling academy befoer either so itll be cool

was that the Umek night when the power cut out halfway through his set?
funny night that and not a bad set from old uros. :cool:

Traxx
16-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Umek on four decks downstairs in the alcove bit was ****in ace :clap:

made it look far to easy :doh:

eyes without a face
16-07-2004, 04:12 PM
that Umek night was way back when Umek WAS good... how things change... that was a particulary good night i remember...

yeah Groves doesnt represent Voodoo for me at all, he was always the one left in the shadows and from what ive heard of him i cant say he's someone id be that bothered about hearing again, heard him play lots and never really got it going for me personally, altho im sure he floats someones boat

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2004, 04:39 PM
the only time ive ever given lee groves 5 minutes of my time was when Rush was hammering like a madman downstairs and i needed a quick 5 cos it was so hot. think its hottest ive ever been in a club that,madness. :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 04:45 PM
didnt rate steve shiels, nicholson was quality.

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 04:46 PM
the only time ive ever given lee groves 5 minutes of my time was when Rush was hammering like a madman downstairs and i needed a quick 5 cos it was so hot. think its hottest ive ever been in a club that,madness. :lol: :lol:

**** me it was very hot that night!

Frank Dogshit
16-07-2004, 05:44 PM
hardest ive ever seen rush that and dj bone was just downright superb :clap:

basslinejunkie
16-07-2004, 06:19 PM

wouldnt bother really,lee doesnt really represent the true voodoo style.
hes was always best when he was playing that back room at le batuea,funky house all night long.

i know yeah,but he asked for any mixes so i responded. :cool:

eyes without a face
16-07-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah Andy Nich was easily the best Dj that Voodoo had... he still plays but i know he is concentrating on production alot these days but who knows he may make an appearance!!!

yeah that was definately the hardest set ive ever heard in a club from Rush that night, seriously dark!!!!! loved it, it was extremely hot yes but amazing atmosphere that night!

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 07:44 PM
aye it was hard alright :lol: I remember eddie & brendan sitting there (by the seats at the back) with a startled look about them :lol:

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 07:45 PM
hardest ive ever seen rush that and dj bone was just downright superb :clap:

bone was amazing, even better than the time he played at the all nighter in the sound factory :cool: :cool:

romelpotter
16-07-2004, 08:57 PM
****in ell voodoo back, well i am right up for that, best voodoo venue imo is deffo clear. sheilds and andy nick were top residents. ahh i think i av just wet myself. :doh: :rambo: :lol:

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 09:14 PM
that's your incontinence problems danny boy :lol: ;)

eyes without a face
16-07-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah Clear (or the Sound Factory as we know it) was intense to say the least, the all nighters in there were the stuff of legends

Esox Lucius
16-07-2004, 09:46 PM
aye great venue that was/is...bouncers were wankers though, le bateu bouncers were sound :cool:

Stella Boy
16-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Looks like there will be a regular bus load over from Leeds :cool:

eyes without a face
16-07-2004, 10:08 PM
nice one!!! looks like there are gonna be some techno alliances made with the re-opening of Voodoo hey boys

Stella Boy
16-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah, the feedback I've had about this is quite amazing so expect to hear alot of Amos Brearley-esq accents in the club :lol:
Just don't mention football eh lads ;) :lol:

Frank Dogshit
17-07-2004, 12:10 AM
brilliant, i love it when the leeds contingent pop over.

last time i went the darkside i ended up in a short conversation about football on the eve of the leeds v blackburn game. arguin for ages about whos team was the worst. :lol:

Stella Boy
17-07-2004, 12:18 AM

last time i went the darkside i ended up in a short conversation about football on the eve of the leeds v blackburn game. arguin for ages about whos team was the worst. :lol:

Aye, should be a few of us. We'll show you guys how to do it, but only till 3am because that's when we like to leave :lol:

Col
17-07-2004, 12:45 AM

Aye, should be a few of us. We'll show you guys how to do it, but only till 3am because that's when we like to leave :lol:

lol. speak for yourself tony. :lol:

no hes right. us yorkshire lads are a bunch of pussys. :lol:

i might have to get over to pool, for one of these. (depending on the lineup)

would be nice to catch up with downie at some stage too. (since he wont get his lazy ass over here) :lol:

romelpotter
17-07-2004, 02:58 PM
that's your incontinence problems danny boy :lol: ;)

:lol: :doh: :oops:

don't worry it's the same with me...only it gets worse with age...... :dontevengothere: :lol: ;)

:crackup: ;)

Esox Lucius
18-07-2004, 07:32 AM
haha :lol:

aye col get your arse down here in october mate :clap:

Bugger
20-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Hey Folks,

The rumours are true Voodoo will be returning to Liverpool in October, with myself (Brendan Long) Steve Miller and Sam Jones (original promoter) at the helm.

Voodoo was forced to close its doors in 2002 for a number different reasons, mainly venue problems (or lack of one), not necessarily through want of the promoters Sam and Claire. However with Sam now being assistant manager at the recently opened Liverpool Carling Academy he has found the perfect home for Voodoo to re-open its doors (anyone who was there on NYE will agree?).

We understand people may be pissed off that they paid £18 for the 'last ever Voodoo', but it seems silly to deny Liverpool another top class techno night just because it was meant to be the 'last ever voodoo! The Voodoo crowd is still there so why not?

We hope that along with leading Liverpool techno club T-Funkshun and other various techno nights we can make Liverpool the techno capital of the North West and eventually the world ha ha ha (ghoulish laugh)

For any information feel free to PM me.

Me thinks this is gonna take off?

Spread the word!

Voodoo out

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 01:50 AM
get ter bed brendan ya ratbag! ;)

how was london btw? :lol: :rambo:

djfurness
20-07-2004, 09:27 PM
voodoo back..... :rambo:

shiiiiiiiitttttttt

i spent half my ****in youth in there....that umek tune on potential (other side of the nuts one that tiesto and that remixed) used to be a ****in anthem....i remeber dancin in the alley at the back of le bateau on top of a car one night with about 15 people outside cos it was too hot....

beast!

Esox Lucius
20-07-2004, 09:31 PM
gatex that tune is :roll:

djfurness
21-07-2004, 12:10 AM
thats the one...the other side...the only way i can describe it as the deranged whomp tune...oh the memorys :lol:

disturbance303
28-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Thats quality news. I went to Voodoo almost every weekend between 96 and 2000 when i was at liverpool uni. Quality techno club. Had many brilliant nights there...

I always preferred Andy as the better resident. He now lives in London and works in the sound control / music technology store in the Virgin Megastore on Tottenham Crt Rd...

I reckon the promoters should book the dude for a come-back gig....

quality

w.

subsonic
29-07-2004, 12:50 PM
ill deffo be up for coming to pool for voooooooooodoooooooooooo :rambo: :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==