PDA

View Full Version : The age-old question - the future of techno?

MARKEG
17-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Who do you really think is the future for techno.

I know we have this question every few months, but it's a great question and it always gets some really good answers.

Let's not go with the same answers if you can help it. ie Skoog, Wilson etc are out of the picture. Go for relatively unmentioned if you can.

I'd say perhaps Lehman and also board member The Divide aka Fernando (really loving his sound). Dustin, you also have a great sound mate. Ogi is doing good but I want to hear more diversity in his sound.

Loads more, but I'm just really interested to hear everyone elses responses :)

BloodStar
17-07-2004, 11:07 AM
I like the AAR releases very much,. Guys like BasMoy,JeroenLiebgrets are good. Also Fernando is a class. I like his tracks a lot... Maybe there are more people out there who are the future. I also like Dj Preach tracks. very good music from nice man..

dan the acid man
17-07-2004, 11:24 AM
the one that does stick out like a sore thumb is the divide, his tracks have melody and a real edge to them.

also, excuse my ignorance, but has alex calver been around much before, iv'e only recently been seeing his releases around, and the fight music ep on glitch is awesome, really clubby, but i like that.

romelpotter
17-07-2004, 12:06 PM
As a dj (forgive the self promotion but what the hell) Danny Marsh is worth listening out for. I am also gonna start producing more now as well but time will tell on that one.

romelpotter
17-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Also from what I have herd at subsonica, "DJ Miss Bass" has a very bright future ahead of her. She rocks :cool:

Col
17-07-2004, 12:38 PM
yeah i think danny has a good future, although hard edged, his material is also very thoughtful. i think we are also beginning to see a little more depth within his productions of late too. (i refer to the un-released material, check the filez section for those that havent already)

also look out for luka baumann (miro) i have being really impressed with his material of late. very artistic, and very dark. he really seems to be emerging on the industrial side of things. not only that, i like his vision & attitude towards music/life.

of course there are others on this very board, who are perhaps a little more established, such as grovskopa, dirty bass, jimfish, gunjack, etc. i also feel these guys have a major role to play too.

miss bass
17-07-2004, 12:58 PM
hehe, thanks rommelpotter, yeh im producing too, infact grovskopa's listened to my tunes and loops and says i have some good 'ideas' that need materialising, around 3 of my tunes he says are 'plastikman' , he said he was impressed actually as he was expecting some average club tech loops or something, but i love my speedy j style off beat rhythms and ian lehman is wicked too.

I tend to make tunes which are different to how i play so... but im finding my dj style is becoming different now to and maybe is reflecting some of my productions.

Still a long way to go yet, time and experience.
But yeh look out for me guys, when i get my tunes too a standard that i want il post the mp3's.

Sorry to keep talking about myself, cringe.

Im not sure who im vouching for the future really....to be honest i never really look on my vinyls to see what artists i buy, just play what i like. I know im liking stuff on 'federation of drums' and 'xavier'

MangaFish
17-07-2004, 01:20 PM
to be honnest i'm not sure where techno is heading.
hardhouse is trying to be techno these days. trance seems to be enjoying a good techno element as well.

i think techno is one of the few genres that if people dont like the direction is heading - the do something about it and release the kind of records they would prefer to hear or DJ the sound that prefer etc.

basslinejunkie
17-07-2004, 01:49 PM
i wouldnt really say its the future of techno,but for me im going through a stage or progression you could say.im starting to drift away a little from the hard techno and trying to pick up more deep or dark types of techno.im getting a little bored of hard techno at the moment 2 b honest,theres still some good stuff coming out and also with glenns up coming realese's which im sure will be class but im starting to discover other genres.as someone mentioned luka baumann is defo someone to look out for in the future,plays amazing dark music,and also dustin and the attack people are truly excellent.the only problem im having is finding techno like this :cry: so maybe others will try the path im taking at the moment and discover just how good the deep and dark sides of techno really are?? i dunno :roll:

EX
17-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Haven't seen Dean Rodell or Jim Fish mentioned. Dean's sound is awesome, hard and gritty. He always manages to create a lot of diversity in his tracks, I mean every track is something different. UF 12 is blew me away for that matter, A1 track is :rambo:

Jim's sound is very cool as well, more on the progressive tip but I'm defo feeling it. It's also amazing how well produced his tracks are.

For dark techno definately Ian Lehman and I heard some new stuff by Primal and Joseph Isaac which is very promising too. I'm also very interested to see what Reeko is up to next.

dan the acid man
17-07-2004, 02:09 PM
not forgetting carl max :cool:

Paul Nisbet
17-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Fernando really is the daddy in my eyes, his sound is pretty unique imo, and he manages to fill his tracks with so much, yet it still sounds clean and tidy as fucnk.

The divide - I salute u.

Dean rodell is also nice as funk, not sure if im into his sound as much as fernando but. Mark broom i really rate aswell, but suppose hes been around for a while.

Miromiric
17-07-2004, 02:18 PM
hehe, thanks rommelpotter, yeh im producing too, infact grovskopa's listened to my tunes and loops and says i have some good 'ideas' that need materialising, around 3 of my tunes he says are 'plastikman' , he said he was impressed actually as he was expecting some average club tech loops or something, but i love my speedy j style off beat rhythms and ian lehman is wicked too.

'

aaahhh, zou must be the b`gham lady...

miss bass
17-07-2004, 05:04 PM
;)

The Overfiend
17-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Uk
Steve is carving out his own niche
Danny is straight murdering
Dean is the truth
Usa
Dustin & Ian are killing shit
Henry Chow is one to watch as well as Primal
Hopefully some Antonio guy will make some noise ;)
South America
Philip Braunstein
Dj Lukas, Trb and the rest of the Brazil crew are taking a bite out of techno down there.
Luka & Mika are going to champion the dark scene.
The Adverse crew are going to sneak up on people like a plague. Dsp is geared to straight kill people as well as the hardsignal crew look like they have some brutality to set forth, to be honest it's such a broad topic I would hate to exclude anyone. Especially friends I have made from the board. I think talent wise it will be a good one to look forward to. So my advice to the established artists would be to stay on top of yer game cause the newbies are hungry as hell with nothing to lose fellas!

Adverse
17-07-2004, 07:24 PM
hmm.

k seriously. everybody is going to have to take note of one f!ucking name.

CARLOS RIOS <-- <--

end.

Tiptoe
17-07-2004, 08:00 PM
the future seems a lot darker for me :twisted:
there are that many people to name on that side of things doing stuff i like such as wunsch, mulerogrovskapa ect you know who i mean. I like what ruskin does too. Seems to always make really classy tunes ie remix on mb selections and the new solex remixes are excellent.
dj wise look no further than oscar mulero. This guy is really awsome and i really recommend you get to see this guy when you can. Really dark hard tunes mixes superbly what more can you want. Seeing is believing with this guy.
Club wise darkside are the shit just check the promotions sections to see the quality line-ups. Not had a bad one yet and music is dark and hard as ****. Locked look to be doing well for themselves and am getting good reports although have not been yet. Ah and good news voodoo is back. Can only be good for the scene.

miles
17-07-2004, 08:23 PM
the future seems a lot darker for me :twisted:
there are that many people to name on that side of things doing stuff i like such as wunsch, mulerogrovskapa ect you know who i mean. I like what ruskin does too. Seems to always make really classy tunes ie remix on mb selections and the new solex remixes are excellent.
dj wise look no further than oscar mulero. This guy is really awsome and i really recommend you get to see this guy when you can. Really dark hard tunes mixes superbly what more can you want. Seeing is believing with this guy.
Club wise darkside are the shit just check the promotions sections to see the quality line-ups. Not had a bad one yet and music is dark and hard as ****. Locked look to be doing well for themselves and am getting good reports although have not been yet. Ah and good news voodoo is back. Can only be good for the scene.

Not exactly the future tho is it? Ruskins been about for years
and hasn't really moved on and Wunsch, Mulero just play the same
as anyone else really just a copy of the british/brum..bla, bla, bla sound that regis etc have been doing for years
time for some youngbloods to come thru with some fresh shit.

dirty_bass
17-07-2004, 08:32 PM
The future of techno lies more in attitude than in style.
Techno has adapted and evolved to fit the years, but I don`t think the current industrial styling of techno is the future, it`s actually a step backwards, as much as I like it, it`s a nostalgia trip.
Techno needs to step out of it`s anus, and re-engage the youth. The kids want a message to grab a hold of, not cold undescipherable machine music. The future of techno is the youth, and the youth are digging rock more than danc3e music, cos dance music has lost it`s point of reference.

Tiptoe
17-07-2004, 08:38 PM
ruskin is a talented man. just because he has been on the scene a long time doesn't mean he can contribute to the future. I look forwatrd to hearing stuff from him and as long is he is still pulling really good tunes out of the bag his name will always be there
Wunsch's live set he played at darkside last week was great and he played a lot of good stuff i have not heard before and the new tsunami 9.5 is excellent.
Right on the subject of oscar mulero he has his own take on the sound and is no surgeon/regis clone. Although he may have these guys as an influence he does it his way and them theres.
please note that i did put ect after the dj's i listed because there are a fair few guys that are making shit but i could't be bothered to list them all i just used the wunsch, mulero grovskapa to give an indication of the sound i am diggin at the moment

miles
17-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Techno has adapted and evolved to fit the years, but I don`t think the current industrial styling of techno is the future, it`s actually a step backwards, as much as I like it, it`s a nostalgia trip.
Techno needs to step out of it`s anus, and re-engage the youth. The kids want a message to grab a hold of, not cold undescipherable machine music. The future of techno is the youth, and the youth are digging rock more than danc3e music, cos dance music has lost it`s point of reference.

well said :clap:

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Techno needs to step out of it`s anus, and re-engage the youth. The kids want a message to grab a hold of, not cold undescipherable machine music. The future of techno is the youth, and the youth are digging rock more than dance music, cos dance music has lost it`s point of reference.

Steve your an icon.

DJMAYA
19-07-2004, 05:01 AM
i have to say that i really like the Alex Calver, Christiaan Koujzer and Zuesz stuff on Hydro24 and ive heard the Alex Calver stuff on Glitch.

This is all new to me but if it is new to techno then we better start watching and listening cos the sound rocks.

also i have to say that ANT 's recent workings are Bangon ;)
i think hes really got it together at the moment.

o and Mister ERIC SNEO :cool: !!!!
watch that man.

Craig McW
19-07-2004, 05:24 AM
hmm.

CARLOS RIOS <-- <--

end.

Without a doubt.

I've played at least one of his tracks in every set I've played in the last 6 months.

Vincent De Wit, Bas Mooy, Jeroen lespellingplease are all right up the top of my list.

Also, Julian Sandell (Liberator) is a fave'o'mine. Although not new, I find that recently his production is are really becoming must haves (see UFUNK02 for an example).

On the soft side of the coin, Joris Voorn has me hook line and sinker.

Methodixxx
19-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Agreed with the Fernando - The Divide comments.. he will go mahoosive with time and the labels backing him...

Preach is going to be big time with the Intec and all the other big selling labels jumping on his nuts and the tunes are the shit too, so all is good there...

Jim Fish has the skeels and petential to do it all... whatever the route he takes...

Fridell and his troops need to get the label cranking and they will be Swedens new hard blood...

Rios was emerging at the start of the year.... gone too quiet for a while now though... need to push push the shit to really get the kids listening...

Thanks, that is all for now...

Buttman
19-07-2004, 08:13 AM
I AM THE LAW :lol:

Methodixxx
19-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Grovskopa sucks wang.... but I like it the way he uses his mouth, so he's ok in my books :lol:

Mattias Fridell (emb)
19-07-2004, 11:03 AM
[quote="Methodixxx"]

Fridell and his troops need to get the label cranking and they will be Swedens new hard blood...

quote]

Haha, thanks man!
And I can also tell you that me and my troops is ready to pump out some new slammers, but not on our own label....not yet.
There will be three new releases in the end of the summer on a well-known label (can´t tell ya the name yet, or they´ll be pissed hahaha)
and the sublabel of the well-known label.

More info to come :)

Jimfish
19-07-2004, 11:26 AM
id say you have to keep you eyes peeled on zahn, lehman & joris voorn..

Kevin Gorman
19-07-2004, 07:47 PM
In the U.K. Im really liking The Divide!! I really like mixing with the material he creates.

Canada producers that get better with everything they do, in no particual order are

Patrick DSP
Pauze
Johnny Funk
Android

Dustin Zahn
19-07-2004, 08:36 PM
There's too much good music to list off personally. I think there's a lot of great upcoming producers as well as some semi-established producers whom I think could take their sound and status even further.

Joris Voorn - maybe the next A. Kowalski? Maybe even bigger?

Jimfish - His current take on the deeper, driving techno sound is real impressive.

Henry Chow - As far as clubby U.S. techno goes, he's probably at the top of the heap right now. His upcoming releases and tracks show a lot of promise.

Eric Sneo - I really haven't gotten into his music too much, but I hear a lot of cool old school ravey type sampling going on here...if he can build upon this more I think he could have a really cool vintage sound.

SummerofSam - I hear a lot of potential and it will be really cool to see it get put to use over the next couple years.

Preach - One of Canada's best exports and a good friend. Sometimes his stuff is a little too over the top for me, but he has made some great tracks thus far.

As far as the darkies go, there's too many that have potential.
Ian Lehman - homeboy with the unique sound. Some of his work is a bit subtle, but his bangers are pretty bangin'.

Grovskopa - He has some really cool sounds and ideas...the future looks good. :)

Luka Baumann - A very nice, clean, and dark sound. Him and Grovskopa are both excellent with their ambient productions and they let it show from time to time in their techno tracks.

Reeko - Quite the debate on this board...from time to time he does some really amazing stuff.

Exium - I'm a fan, nuff said.

Damon Vallero - He has really impressed me as of late. The deeper, atmospheric offbeat stuff is very nice.

Go Hiyama - Good potential, still developing, same with Hiroaki.

Dirty Bass - Both through attitude and music, he has a different outlook on things.

Adverse Recordings crew - They definetely have a good ear which could mean good things for this group.

The whole Audio Assault crew seems to be on top as far as the "hard techno" sound goes...Bas Mooy really stands out a notch above group with a bit more clever use of sounds. I don't really play this hard that much anymore, but if I did this would be the stuff.

The Jaxx camp has a lot of potential too, but if they don't start looking for other sources of inspiration or sounds they could fall flat...much like the swedish invasion circa 98-99. Everyone was really pumped but the oversaturation of the same thing put a sour taste in some people's mouths.

There are plenty more people I forgot that also have a lot of potential. I also think there are a lot of certain established artists like Skoog, Mull, Heiko Laux, and others who could really knock out some more timeless tunes or bring things to another level. All these new names have kind of brought a breath of fresh air into an otherwise stale scene.

Col
19-07-2004, 08:47 PM
SummerofSam - I hear a lot of potential and it will be really cool to see it get put to use over the next couple years.

i second that. antonio has a hell of a lot of potential. a deal is surely imminent.

jackin dancefloor with artistic vision. sweet. :cool:

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 08:54 PM

This year's gonna see him have massive crossover appeal.

Col
19-07-2004, 08:56 PM
also another 2 guys who warrant releases imo...

thorin:

wonderfully crafted techno, amazing textures, and artistic vision like no other.

perpetual:

raw, dirty, random techno, with lots of character.

the good thing about the 3 guys mentioned is that they are all doing their own thing. ive no doubt if these guys persist they will find a deal no problem.

xfive
19-07-2004, 10:56 PM

His remix of Kowalski's Days of the Liar was a top notch banger ;)

stuart from glasgowville
19-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Acid 69, techno duo from Scotland, wicked (not just acid) really pounding beats, really good live, luvin that shit. Pushin the boundaries and doin outdoor parties for nuthin, the way it should be

Playing here :www.palgowan.tk

Website here:http://www.acid69.info/

Sunil
19-07-2004, 11:32 PM

The whole Audio Assault crew seems to be on top as far as the "hard techno" sound goes....

I'd go with that, have yet to be let down by one of their releases.

Methodixxx
20-07-2004, 04:54 AM
You guys are right on the Joris Voorn call.... just had a listen to some sets and after previously hearing some tracks I concur... good stuff...

Mix 1 - afterweekend session (http://www.rejected.nl/afterweekend_session.mp3)

Mix 2 - rejected session (http://www.rejected.nl/rejected_session_2.mp3)

anx
20-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Patrick DSP i think will have his big break real soon. His live pa is astounding, and he's worked his ass off for quite some time now.

I know Andriod has been around for a while, but if he keeps belting out tracks like his new apex release, it'll do him real good :)

Pauze and the hardsignal crew are going to do real well i rekon

and my number one vote, these guys have been taking the techno scene all over the world and the solar system by storm:

MOLVANIA.

word

dan the acid man
20-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Acid 69, techno duo from Scotland, wicked (not just acid) really pounding beats, really good live, luvin that shit. Pushin the boundaries and doin outdoor parties for nuthin, the way it should be

Playing here :www.palgowan.tk

Website here:http://www.acid69.info/

this is a serious question, now ok you may believe your mate's are the future of techno, but this just look's like spam to me :roll:

serox
20-07-2004, 11:45 AM
music for the future has to be what acardipane started!

hardcore techno! :clap:

gunjack
20-07-2004, 03:52 PM
WE WILL NEVER STOP EATING YOUR IDOLS AND SHITTING THEM OUT ONE BY ONE.

eat your heroes.

Joseph Isaac
20-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Haven't seen Dean Rodell or Jim Fish mentioned. Dean's sound is awesome, hard and gritty. He always manages to create a lot of diversity in his tracks, I mean every track is something different. UF 12 is blew me away for that matter, A1 track is :rambo:

Jim's sound is very cool as well, more on the progressive tip but I'm defo feeling it. It's also amazing how well produced his tracks are.

For dark techno definately Ian Lehman and I heard some new stuff by Primal and Joseph Isaac which is very promising too. I'm also very interested to see what Reeko is up to next.

Thanks EX...Here's a few tracks by myself and Markus Alan (Primal).

Mafia 007_B2 -- Joseph Isaac (http://www.mafiarecords.org/mp3/Joseph_Isaac/007_B2.mp3)

Mafia 010_A1 -- Joseph Isaac (http://www.mafiarecords.org/mp3/Joseph_Isaac/010_A1.mp3)

Mafia 008_B1 -- Markus Alan (http://www.mafiarecords.org/mp3/Markus_Alan/008_B1.mp3)

Mafia 010 B1 -- Markus Alan (http://www.mafiarecords.org/mp3/Markus_Alan/010_B1.mp3)

Btw, Dean Rodell is doing Mafia 009 with a 3-track collaboration effort with Staffan Ehrlin (Elliot Spencer) and J. Swales (Dogs of Dub).

Joseph Isaac
20-07-2004, 04:25 PM
As far as producers I look forward to are (in no particular order):

Vincent de Wit (live PA with Carlos Rios is inspiring)

Carlos Rios (see above)

Ian Lehman (especially his minimal work)

Patrick DSP (liva PA is sick @ 146 BPM)

Dustin Zahn (I'm stoked for the upcoming Mankind releases)

Luka Baumann

Anything on Audio Assault

Dizmoe and Jace from Ontario

Joseph Isaac
20-07-2004, 04:25 PM

Carlos Rios (see above)

Luka Baumann

basslinejunkie
20-07-2004, 06:29 PM

Carlos Rios (see above)

Luka Baumann

yeah vincent de wit an carlos rios always makes sum craking music,never actually seen/heard a live pa by the 2 of them though.

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 07:04 PM

i second that. antonio has a hell of a lot of potential. a deal is surely imminent.

jackin dancefloor with artistic vision. sweet. :cool:

:cry: :cry: Wow thats humbling, thanks a million fellas.
I'm really like wow right now.

The Overfiend
25-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Dean Rodell I do believe can champion things in Zero Five, I'm curious as to who people think are going to be the next big live performers, also, I know most big names have proteges, who do you think are going to shine this year, that maybe played the background for a while?

Akkachar
25-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Carlos Rios de shit
Vincent de Wit
Grovskopa :twisted:
Reeko he is a genius
Christian Wunsch love his PA's

Joris Voorn a little bit overhyped, but still I love his sound, check his coming release on Transmat..

gunjack
29-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Reeko he is a genius

... a little bit overhyped

sorry, had to remix that post a little.

Boboagogo
29-07-2004, 01:57 PM
'... a little bit overhyped'

definatly. He's got a great formula going on, and a really distinct sound but he just needs to show a little more diversity in his production before he can make a real, lasting impression on the music imo.

gunjack
29-07-2004, 02:10 PM
you have a firm grasp on the obvious young grasshoppa. ;)

davethedrummer
29-07-2004, 02:13 PM
the future of techno?

1. collectives of people pooling their resources and creating opportunities for younger producers

2. people trying to be as innovative as possible with their sound

3. rejecting the temptation to make a "fast buck" by following the well trodden path from before

as far as producers go:

jamie ball , edit , android , dsp , martyn hare , sandy warez , ogi , the kiddaz guys , preach

maybe???? who knows.........

Si the Sigh
29-07-2004, 02:22 PM
the kiddaz guys

They are deffo going to be playing a part in the future I think! :clap:

gunjack
29-07-2004, 02:24 PM
ok here is my slut list:

Acid Circus
Takaaki
SUPAGRUPA
Fishguard
Pepo & Angel ADR
Event 7
Eric Woon (Stingray)
Luka

hey DTD i dont know anyone from your list? do you know anyone from mine?

davethedrummer
29-07-2004, 02:27 PM
ok here is my slut list:

Acid Circus
Takaaki
SUPAGRUPA
Fishguard
Pepo & Angel ADR
Event 7
Eric Woon (Stingray)
Luka

never heard of any of them
i particularly like the name "fishguard" though , interesting.

gunjack
29-07-2004, 02:39 PM
somebody gotta guard those fish bro, and it seems he is the one to do it! ;)

seriously tho fishguard is a talented producer from the czeck republic.

basslinejunkie
29-07-2004, 02:40 PM
ok here is my slut list:

Acid Circus
Takaaki
SUPAGRUPA
Fishguard
Pepo & Angel ADR
Event 7
Eric Woon (Stingray)
Luka

where can i find supagrupa's material dm?? only heard one of his tunes and it was excellent,would love to hear a bit of of his stuff :love:

gunjack
29-07-2004, 02:57 PM
supagrupa 001 is out. promos of 002 are out. just heard 003 in the office and it is the biz. 004 has a remix by gunjack, and dm07 double features a track by gunjack and supagrupa. then dm08 is a versus thing again with gunjack and supa........ also look out for reverse 003. all available through jaxx.

peace

basslinejunkie
29-07-2004, 03:00 PM
supagrupa 001 is out. promos of 002 are out. just heard 003 in the office and it is the biz. 004 has a remix by gunjack, and dm07 double features a track by gunjack and supagrupa. then dm08 is a versus thing again with gunjack and supa........ also look out for reverse 003. all available through jaxx.

peace

cheers :)

gary_human
29-07-2004, 05:24 PM

Good point - there aint a lot of young kids liking techno, unless they do there basic training via the 'acid' techno genre. Im noticing crowds getting older and older as we all grow with 'dance' or 'rave' music. Will we all be boogieing round our zim zimmer frames in around 20 years and reminiscing bout the 'good ole times' like maybe the bygone jazz or blues scenes?

This statement from Mr Bass and the work I have done with youth groups (who love hip-hop, r&b and drum & bass) makes me wonder where techno will be in 20 years and I guess thats what this thread is all about.

How do the youth 'get into' techno?!! or is it turning in to an old man's music ?!

The Divide
02-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Acid Circus

I downloaded the Acid Circus live PA. It’s the shit. Really impressive stuff

Bas Mooy
06-08-2004, 01:55 AM
thanks for the kind words...much appreciated! :oops:

got a lot of stuff coming up together with Vincent de Wit...co-operation which is working out pretty good for both of us...watch out for releases on Audio Assault, Arms, Temper, Patterns and Mastertraxx...Spending much time in the studio lately...working on material daily, so hope you guys will be happy with whats coming up soon! Keep me posted with comments, always interested in learning!!!

My personal favourites at the moment?

*the new Mankind by the Attack People (Dustin & Ian) roxx big time!!! so check it out and be amazed...
*Alexander Johansson & Mathiass Fridell are working on some nice pieces of vinyl at the moment...their traxx are tha bomb!!! keep an eye on them...
*And i am pretty impressed with Abi Lonnberg...been around for some time, but his latest material stunned me big time (is this correct english???)...will be doing a release on Audio Assault 010.2////witin a month or 3....freshness to da maxx....
of course i forgot some of the people who deserved being mentioned, but will aupdate this message as soon as I think someone deserves to be mentioned...

after all its just a matter of taste...

Mattias Fridell (emb)
06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
thanks for the kind words...much appreciated! :oops:

got a lot of stuff coming up together with Vincent de Wit...co-operation which is working out pretty good for both of us...watch out for releases on Audio Assault, Arms, Temper, Patterns and Mastertraxx...Spending much time in the studio lately...working on material daily, so hope you guys will be happy with whats coming up soon! Keep me posted with comments, always interested in learning!!!

My personal favourites at the moment?

*the new Mankind by the Attack People (Dustin & Ian) roxx big time!!! so check it out and be amazed...
*Alexander Johansson & Mathiass Fridell are working on some nice pieces of vinyl at the moment...their traxx are tha bomb!!! keep an eye on them...
*And i am pretty impressed with Abi Lonnberg...been around for some time, but his latest material stunned me big time (is this correct english???)...will be doing a release on Audio Assault 010.2////witin a month or 3....freshness to da maxx....
of course i forgot some of the people who deserved being mentioned, but will aupdate this message as soon as I think someone deserves to be mentioned...

after all its just a matter of taste...

Hi Bas, i am glad to hear that you havn´t tired on our music yet ;)
The mankind release with Attack people is also my fav for the moment.

The Divide
08-08-2004, 01:22 AM
hmm.

CARLOS RIOS <-- <--

end.

Agreed, really loving his sound

Adverse
08-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi Bas, i am glad to hear that you havn´t tired on our music yet ;)
The mankind release with Attack people is also my fav for the moment.

sick. SICK. GO AP GO

The Overfiend
08-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Agreed Zahn & Lehman. mvp's :!:

Col
08-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Acid Circus

I downloaded the Acid Circus live PA. It’s the shit. Really impressive stuff

agreed. i have a few tracks from acid circus on deaf too, good shit.

Fordy
10-08-2004, 11:33 PM

I agree with that, as an 18yr old, it has to be about the attitude to appeal. Thankfully I had my older brother to introduce me to techno and electro and these styles of music are me down to a tee. But I like my music original yet raw, filthy with bags of attitude and id say thats what our generation want, I might be wrong. But alot of the more industrial sounding stuff can be rather off putting for some, can seem lifeless and dull. I personally appreciate all styles of techno from Surgeon to Chris Liberator.

I aint gonna pretend to be as knowledgeable as some of you on here, because im not, as im just trying to submerge myself in all techno, electro and house has to offer but this is what I think ;)

viagratek
11-08-2004, 12:07 AM
hey hey thanks for the shouts on the acid circus stuff guys. wasnt sure anybody was taking note of the music i posted but glad to see people appreciate them :clap:

ive been super busy as of late "working" overtime to keep techno alive here in los angeles thru the Droid parties and assisiting other promoters where i can with their events....so its takin a slight dip into my production, but ill just have to keep workiing harder, get my ass back in the studio, and come back with somethin fresh. :rambo:

props to everybody doing techno right now cause it aint easy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sash
11-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Will we all be boogieing round our zim zimmer frames in around 20 years and reminiscing bout the 'good ole times' like maybe the bygone jazz or blues scenes?

sounds like fun :cool:

Ritzi Lee
28-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Excuse me for bumping up this old topic. :)

But there hasn't been a lot of surprising new things going on in technosounds.

Just heared another new tune from Oscar Mulero.
And it's the same tired shit again like the 20 previous releases ago.

So what's up about this?

TiagoTechnoHead
28-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Long life to Mister Henry Cullen ..... I really love Hydraulix !!!!!

reality
28-09-2004, 06:42 PM
In my ears its not so much what is the future of Techno but who is the future of Techno....
My answer is you cant move forward without letting go of some of the past.....

Now dont get me wrong a majority of the older cats are still doing everything neccessary to keep this moving forward but then there are alot of them that cant spin worth shit nor put out anything groundbreaking anymore due to lack of love for the techno scene/genre/culture etc. but gained a love for money... So in conclusion the future of techno rests on the shoulders of guys like me that have been paying dues and getting as much play as possible to open the ears of anyone who wants to listen...cuz quite honestly i know of at least 10 djs/producers personally that are playing better, smoother and innovatively that will out do alot of the older less loving cats out there....hey Mark EG if everyone was like you and a list of others we wouldnt have to answer this question.....

So watch out for R.E.A.l.T.Y.(no not the one from belgium), Justin Schumacher, to name a couple to make some organized noise in the very near future, already with a couple of trax press ready we each are due to release new mixes by Nov. 04

by the way this site is awesome....

jake
06-10-2004, 07:49 AM
dave the drummer remix of praxis is the future.. or at least for the next 15-20 min.

278d7e64a374de26f==