PDA

View Full Version : Picotto - Meganite compilation

Paul Nisbet
17-07-2004, 01:40 PM
The tracklist for the new meganite compliation..

MAURO PICOTTO - MIX CD 01
1. MAURO PICOTTO - FLOATING
2. NOARTICHOKES - A-SID
3. DJ TONIO & AL FEROX - BIONIK
4. BEROSHIMA - ACID LAS VEGAS
5. JACEK SIENKIEWICZ – DREAM MACHINE
6. KITSUNE MIDNIGHT - MAN WITH GUITAR
7. SONTEC - INSIDE
8. ALTER EGO - ROCKER
9. G. PALOMO & LEE CHAMELEON - LUNAR
10. FRANCESCO FIORE - SOLUTION
11. BASIC IMPLANT - REVENGE OF 202
12. GABRY FASANO - LIFE CYCLES
13. JUSTIN BERKOVI - I CAN FEEL THE SOUND (PHIL KIERAN MIX)
14. MAURO PICOTTO - AMAZING
15. MAURO PICOTTO - TELL ME SOMETHING
16. DJ TONIO & D. CARRETTA – MY TELEPHONE
IS DEAD
17. CHRIS LIEBING - STRING THEORY (PICOTTO & FERRI MIX)
18. MAURO PICOTTO & RICCARDO FERRI - NEW TIME NEW PLACE

killarava2day
17-07-2004, 05:06 PM
hmmm, a basic implant track thrown in for good measure eh? I reckon Zaffarano though has been the one who's really gone back to tech structure that I don't mind at all...anima 8 b side is superb with that cool female sample.

neko
17-07-2004, 09:13 PM
16. DJ TONIO & D. CARRETTA – MY TELEPHONE
IS DEAD

i ****ing love this track.
reminds me of ibiza last summer :cool:

eyes without a face
17-07-2004, 09:45 PM
thats a right turkey of a CD

basslinejunkie
17-07-2004, 10:50 PM
thats a right turkey of a CD

i agree :roll:

basslinejunkie
17-07-2004, 10:53 PM
an speakin of cd's wheres mine scott?!? :lol: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
17-07-2004, 11:14 PM
The tracklist for the new meganite compliation..
17. CHRIS LIEBING - STRING THEORY (PICOTTO & FERRI MIX)

listened to that track yesterday and its an absolute rip off of one his other tunes he did a few months ago, think its called taotek or it might be on that alchemist ep i cant remember.

there is some ok tunes on there but i wont be buying it.

dirty_bass
17-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Will someone please explain the fuss about mauro picotto, or link to a really good track of his.
I`ve listened to enough of his stuff, and it all sounds like a trancehead making a very bad attempt at techno. It all sounds so lifeless.

eyes without a face
17-07-2004, 11:50 PM
so its not just me then? hahahaha

DJMAYA
17-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Primate#?

'reset controllers ep' as ATHOS1

or try this cat# at chemical-records.co.uk prmt077 double pack.

Frank Dogshit
17-07-2004, 11:58 PM
dont like anything by that athos chap.

baguette isnt a bad tune,although its virtually another carbon copy of a track chris liebing did 5 years ago called 'damel'

dirty_bass
18-07-2004, 12:59 AM
just checked out that primate ep by Picotto
utter dross. Primate at its worst. Eek.

drift9
18-07-2004, 03:44 AM
I`ve listened to enough of his stuff, and it all sounds like a trancehead making a very bad attempt at techno.

saw him play live once... this was the impression i was left with as well.

Esox Lucius
18-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Will someone please explain the fuss about mauro picotto, or link to a really good track of his.
I`ve listened to enough of his stuff, and it all sounds like a trancehead making a very bad attempt at techno. It all sounds so lifeless.

spot on....this cd looks awful.

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 01:22 PM
i dont like Picotto trax. i dont like Prime Records. i dont like 'crossover' bullshit.

fair play & each to their own, but he should AT LEAST learn how to make a techno track that doesnt come the exact same blueprint as every other track hes done.

a friend of mine once bought a Picotto track. sounded great til u mixed it. with anything. THEN you realised how badly it was made... shocking stuff.

and i hear hes a right twat. his rider is obscene & hes very very right wing

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 04:13 PM
and i hear hes a right twat. his rider is obscene & hes very very right wing

Define please. I agree with most of the stances here but I'm not sure of what you mean about the right wing approach from an overseas standpoint.

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 04:19 PM
k.

a firnd of mine was workin o a festival site a few years back & was in cahrge of gettin guests to & from the site, in & out of hotels, from airports etc etc

he spent an hour in a limo with MP & ended up talkin bout politics (it was in NI :roll: ) and from there it was picked up that he had an almost neo nazi stance...

my friend was asked how many black ppl were on the line up... wtf ?

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 05:03 PM
You don't say....
In that case f*ck Mauro.
Yeah I said it and stand by it.

Stella Boy
18-07-2004, 05:07 PM

That's a ****ing disgrace. :nono:

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 05:10 PM

That's a **** disgrace. :nono:

2 rite,just another case of a person with more money than brains.f*cking idiot :nono:

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Boycott Mauro and anything that has to do with him.

Frank Dogshit
18-07-2004, 06:09 PM
k.

a firnd of mine was workin o a festival site a few years back & was in cahrge of gettin guests to & from the site, in & out of hotels, from airports etc etc

he spent an hour in a limo with MP & ended up talkin bout politics (it was in NI :roll: ) and from there it was picked up that he had an almost neo nazi stance...

Seems a bit harsh that.

Wonder what his true feelings are on his 'black' friend Chris Liebing.

The Overfiend
18-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Wonder what his true feelings are on his 'black' friend Chris Liebing.

huh?

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 09:06 PM
it aint harsh, its what i was told & tbh, the guy who told me has no reason to lie

Frank Dogshit
18-07-2004, 10:31 PM
i mean by what picotto saying being 'harsh' not your friend.

shit like this shouldnt exist in a scene which we are all so passionate about. :cry:

eyes without a face
18-07-2004, 10:43 PM
so not only does he make the most throwaway techno around, but he's racist too?

not the foundations for a respectable artist in my book

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 10:48 PM
sorry frank, my bad :oops:

Adverse
19-07-2004, 01:49 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

before you all jump on the let's hate m picotto bandwagon.. maybe one of you should even talk to him. this is poisonous. disgraceful too. this guy heard something from his friend? pfffffft.

this is close to slander. i don't know the guy but i would never insinuate racism based on one twisted conversation in a car or whatever.

Sunil
19-07-2004, 02:53 AM
this is close to slander. i don't know the guy but i would never insinuate racism based on one twisted conversation in a car or whatever.

I agree, and there's enough reasons not to like Picotto as it is... lets stick to his tunes being crap, that's enough.

Liebing deserves a dig for putting out a Picotto mix on the new CLR Retry, it's absolutely terrible, luckily the Wunsch mix is good though.

slavestudios
19-07-2004, 03:31 AM
fair enuff. i'll jus keep my mouth shut in future

H3lx
19-07-2004, 04:35 AM

surely if it was the case that he was a racist, he wouldnt have black djs playing at any of his nights? no?

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 07:40 AM

surely if it was the case that he was a racist, he wouldnt have black djs playing at any of his nights? no?

Who's playing at his night anyway, I haven't really been looking out for the listings.

Paul Nisbet
19-07-2004, 07:55 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

before you all jump on the let's hate m picotto bandwagon.. maybe one of you should even talk to him. this is poisonous. disgraceful too. this guy heard something from his friend? pfffffft.

Thats true, i got to meet him not to long ago in glasgow with me gf after a crazy nite out and to be fair he had all the time in the world for everyone, patiently waited for photos and stuff and autographs etc, even tho he looked ****in tired. U could see he was struggling and still looked well positive with everyone.

Cant believe someone actually brought that up. :shock: with regards to the mates car conversation.

jock
19-07-2004, 09:10 AM
If you are gonna not like mauro for something, let it be about his music and not what some mate reckons he said in a car one time!! Thats extrememly slanderous. :nono:

I used to be well into mauro, before i started listening to techno, and at the time I thought he had a very unique sound. But after a while you realise he is just playing the same stuff as every other commercial techno dj out there and with only half of the skills, which he tries to make up for with crowd interaction.

The tracks he releases are sometimes ok, but the stuff he is playing now is so bland it justs sends you to sleep.

G-whizz
19-07-2004, 10:45 AM
If you are gonna not like mauro for something, let it be about his music and not what some mate reckons he said in a car one time!! Thats extrememly slanderous. :nono:

I used to be well into mauro, before i started listening to techno, and at the time I thought he had a very unique sound. But after a while you realise he is just playing the same stuff as every other commercial techno dj out there and with only half of the skills, which he tries to make up for with crowd interaction.

The tracks he releases are sometimes ok, but the stuff he is playing now is so bland it justs sends you to sleep.

exactly ! you dont need to get personal .... I quite like his music not all of it but alot of it .... He maybe a tosser but that wouldn`t detract from wheather he makes good music or not ...

massplanck
19-07-2004, 01:22 PM
dont like anything by that athos chap.

baguette isnt a bad tune,although its virtually another carbon copy of a track chris liebing did 5 years ago called 'damel'

which is a clone of art 3 by Gaetek.

neko
19-07-2004, 04:49 PM
great thread :twisted:

slavestudios
20-07-2004, 12:12 AM
i was just passing on what i was told.

to be honest, id rather have a dig at politics than music. music is subjective. politics is not.

either way, make your own minds up.

like i said, my friend had no reason to lie. i was just passin on what i was told.

as for hating his music, why ? cos u dont like it ? personally. i think thats even worse. music does no harm. politics ruins ppls lives. i know. i live in Northern Ireland...

end of :dontevengothere:

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 12:30 AM

Who's playing at his night anyway, I haven't really been looking out for the listings.

ben sims,cari lekebusch,christian smith,vigorito,liebing,henrik b,rachmad and a few other decent djs.

sims is on while im in ibiza so ill be goin to watch him show the likes of liebing and picotto how its done! :rambo:

Adverse
20-07-2004, 12:43 AM
to be honest, id rather have a dig at politics than music. music is subjective. politics is not.

slavestudios
20-07-2004, 12:59 AM
whats that adverse ? didnt quite catch it

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 01:12 AM
cracking set of lads! :lol:

lets try and keep politics off this board,seems to crop up on every damn board i use thesedays and its boring. :doh:

slavestudios
20-07-2004, 01:22 AM
cool enuff.

tbh, i'm a bit pissed that the 'trance moderator' rubbished my friend, but there u go... all i done was re-iterate what i was told.

i'll keep the politics in check.

oh, Frank, there will be a few cds in the post in the next day or so.

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 01:31 AM
thank you young sir,appreciated. :lol: :rambo:

slavestudios
20-07-2004, 01:34 AM
and btw, i'm not nearly as retarded as i make myself out to be :doh:

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 01:58 AM
no bother,im sure we'll cope. :cool:

dirty_bass
20-07-2004, 02:04 AM
lets try and keep politics off this board,seems to crop up on every damn board i use thesedays and its boring

How can you, the current state of world politics effects us all so much these days.
Especially america. the law is so tight it`s really hard to put on a party in a club these days.
things need to be discussed, opinions and information needs to be shared. They want you to bury your head in the sand and carry on with other things.
I used to hate politics, now I can`t avoid it.

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 02:13 AM
i understand totally what your saying,but ive had discussions like these on other boards before and id like to think i can use this board to avoid all that and focus on the music which we all love.
im not burying my head in the sand i just dont choose to air my feelings on a good music board like this.

talk politics all you want,but thats just my feelings on the matter and my honest opinion.

Adverse
20-07-2004, 03:33 AM
and btw, i'm not nearly as retarded as i make myself out to be :doh:

that's a relief.

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 07:12 PM
I still stand by his boycott. Never mind that I wasnt fond of his music to begin with, but the comment was..........

Paul Nisbet
20-07-2004, 08:04 PM
cool enuff.

tbh, i'm a bit pissed that the 'trance moderator' rubbished my friend, but there u go... all i done was re-iterate what i was told.

this is the last time im gonna post in here. It may please some of u, as u dont want trance peeps polluting ur scene. But Some of u are ****in idiots really. I have a love for tech, and every time i post or read in here, it puts me off the scene. I care about music, but im never gonna be able to play or voice my opinion on techno because of narrow minded little boys like u.

Stella Boy
20-07-2004, 08:11 PM
cool enuff.

this is the last time im gonna post in here. It may please some of u, as u dont want trance peeps polluting ur scene. But Some of u are **** idiots really. I have a love for tech, and every time i post or read in here, it puts me off the scene. I care about music, but im never gonna be able to play or voice my opinion on techno because of narrow minded little boys like u.

:shock:

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 08:53 PM
cool enuff.

this is the last time im gonna post in here. It may please some of u, as u dont want trance peeps polluting ur scene. But Some of u are **** idiots really. I have a love for tech, and every time i post or read in here, it puts me off the scene. I care about music, but im never gonna be able to play or voice my opinion on techno because of narrow minded little boys like u.

Paul I would encourage you to always feel an open invitation to post in here whenver you felt to do so.

Perpetual, Musical taste does not influence opinion and you are kind of doing what Mauro was doing by judging someone based on thier musical taste. It's the same thing.
This is just a warning,

Do not ever make someone feel unwelcome here based on musical taste.

Blackout Audio = Community

Not Schisms in between.

djfurness
20-07-2004, 09:03 PM
****in hell...west thread this....i thought it was about his cd?
i used to like picotto....bangkok a few years ago was anabsolute tune....even producer used to play it!
if u dont like u dont like....dont go on about it though!

davethedrummer
20-07-2004, 09:07 PM
not into this thread at all.
it's way too opinionated in the wrong way
and this racism thing is just way too dodgy to be acceptable as a reason for dissing this guy in this way.
i'm not saying anyone is lying etc but.....

but something here is not right.
there's too much ranting and not enough fact here.

no

not into this

why........'cos it makes US look stupid and ignorant and NO ONE else!

:nono: :nono: :nono:

and i'm sorry sam but as moderator i really cannot agree with your "boycott" viewpoint, it just doesn't read right at all .
please guys this is so negative. i am shocked at you all.

Paul Nisbet
20-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Summerofsam, thanks.

way i see it as, in my eyes. He made some trance tunes, rite fair enough. A few horrors at that, but at the same time he was releasing tech stuff under labels such as underground, sacrifice and BXR Superclub etc.... so he never made the BIG JUMP that everyone says he has.

Ive never seen the big deal, im the first to admit he isnt the best dj in the world and nowhere near the techno elite in terms of ability etc. His tunes imo are the same. But he has opened up a whole new world of techno fans, who if he had not been pushing the tech sound and been so widely accepted by the more mainstream community, mite never have got into the tech sound that they might now have a passion for and love more than wat first got them into, ie trance. It takes balls to step away from wat arguably coulda made him a shit load of money (trance) and then play only techno sets at clubs like godskitchen and gatecrasher.

He made a choice, do u still honestly believe that he thought techno was the money spinnin answer?

dirty_bass
20-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Regardless of the pointless rants about the guy`s racial tendancies.

His tunes still suck donkey holes. :lol:

Miromiric
20-07-2004, 10:33 PM
saying he opened techno scene for a lot of ppl is kind of a not holding for me, since those ppl will go for that cheesy stuff called techno.

Tiptoe
20-07-2004, 10:41 PM
To be honest it does not bother me i say let him do his thing. It does not bother me one bit to be quite honest. He won't get booked to play darkisde jam voodoo HOG so its no skin off my nose.
Fair play to him for having the balls to put on a techno night though in ibiza. I don't see many others other than sven doing it. Would be great if he could put on people like surgeon oscar mulero ruskin wunsch paul damage claude young ect but thats not going to happen and to be honest if i was there i would go.
On the racism side of things i don't think as has been said before that we can make judgements without concrete evidence which is never going to happen so i don't think we can slate him for that.

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 11:14 PM
quite looking forward to his night when i go out there actually.#

3 nights solid of techno,cocoon,coxys night and picottos.
maybe not the best djs playing at these events but the majority are party techno djs and thats what ibiza is a party island.

even me being quite snobby about my music,couldnt deter me from goin to any of these nights. just lucky there is any techno at all with all the nancy style house goin on out there.

ill give picotto that though,hes done mighty well gettin lekebusch and ben sims in!!

Frank Dogshit
20-07-2004, 11:14 PM
quite looking forward to his night when i go out there actually.#

3 nights solid of techno,cocoon,coxys night and picottos.
maybe not the best djs playing at these events but the majority are party techno djs and thats what ibiza is a party island.

even me being quite snobby about my music,couldnt deter me from goin to any of these nights. just lucky there is any techno at all with all the nancy style house goin on out there.

ill give picotto that though,hes done mighty well gettin lekebusch and ben sims in!!

Tiptoe
20-07-2004, 11:15 PM
yep lekebush is ace. Lucky man :lol:

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 11:32 PM
not into this thread at all.
it's way too opinionated in the wrong way
and this racism thing is just way too dodgy to be acceptable as a reason for dissing this guy in this way.
i'm not saying anyone is lying etc but.....

but something here is not right.
there's too much ranting and not enough fact here.

no

not into this

why........'cos it makes US look stupid and ignorant and NO ONE else!

:nono: :nono: :nono:

and i'm sorry sam but as moderator i really cannot agree with your "boycott" viewpoint, it just doesn't read right at all .
please guys this is so negative. i am shocked at you all.

As moderator it is my function to be fair and reasonable and just within this forum. Yes.
As a human being I am allowed to not tolerate someone elses ignorance.
As a prior victim of racism I have the right to speak out my opinion on the matter.
Whether I like Mauro's music or not I'm sure is very irrelevant to anyone else who enjoys his music. So from my standpoint of boycotting his music, you may take it as negative but I find racism to be a bit more hurtful and shameful to humanity, than Mauro loosing out on my 10 bucks as a consumer.

Miromiric
20-07-2004, 11:36 PM
As a prior victim of racism I have the right to speak out my opinion on the matter.

are you reffering to rats big as black man`s cock incident? :lol:

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 11:42 PM

are you reffering to rats big as black man`s cock incident? :lol:

Of course you Crazy Croat!

dan the acid man
20-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Paul I would encourage you to always feel an open invitation to post in here whenver you felt to do so.

Perpetual, Musical taste does not influence opinion and you are kind of doing what Mauro was doing by judging someone based on thier musical taste. It's the same thing.
This is just a warning,

Do not ever make someone feel unwelcome here based on musical taste.

Blackout Audio = Community

Not Schisms in between.

totally agree here,
paul, dont let this pretty stupid topic put you off posting here in the future

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Any objections to a lock on this "thread"?

dan the acid man
20-07-2004, 11:47 PM
racism, is one of the lowest form's of hatred there is, if not the worst, but until i see hard fact's or evidence, then i couldnt judge the man

miss bass
20-07-2004, 11:48 PM
must admit picotto is not doing it for me.

but i appreciate he is up there for a reason. He did a good mix cd that i got free in mixmag i think (well up til just before the end, gets a little bang bang bang- and no technically creative tunes)

anyways, i have bought like a couple of his tunes on alchemist, and realised it is not me, i don't play them, never have, don't know why i brought them.

but wish him all the best :)

Miromiric
20-07-2004, 11:49 PM

i object.

The Overfiend
20-07-2004, 11:50 PM

i object.

Miro you would object to a pardon on your own execution :lol:

Miromiric
20-07-2004, 11:51 PM

you are such a lovely little girl. :oops:

dan the acid man
20-07-2004, 11:52 PM
i would say lock it antonio

The Divide
20-07-2004, 11:55 PM
saying he opened techno scene for a lot of ppl is kind of a not holding for me, since those ppl will go for that cheesy stuff called techno.

Didnt you once say that gabber was your 'ticket to electronic music'. Some people experience certain types of music because of circumstances. I mean what if...

Cyber kid John (fictional character) loves his trance and bops away at gatecrasher with his E's and his trance music. Johns friends are all trance ravers and they all hang around and go to the same clubs. Now occasional Piccoto tune comes on and they go 'oh this is techno'. They investigate and get into some crossover techno tracks. The E honeymoon passes, the music sounds stale and the depression kicks in. John feels his hearts not in trance and looks elsewhere for music, something that reflects his broken soul perhaps. Where does he look? Hardstlyle? Hard/club techno? But he is too old for the club scene. John decides to look somewhere a little bit deeper and darker...

Purely fictional story but my point is people change as they age. You never know, your next generation of supporters my come from subtle crossovers between people/ideas and music.

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

miss bass
20-07-2004, 11:57 PM

you are such a lovely little girl. :oops:

lol, arr bless thanks, no but seriously, picotto is up there for a reason, and actually in some way i guess he helped me in to techno ( even though im finding a different bit of techno i like compared to his stuff)

but i listened to his 'techno' albums etc, it helped influence me into this genre when i think about it. Apart from the first techno mix album of Sven Vaths i listened to when i was 15. That was ace

Miromiric
20-07-2004, 11:58 PM
yeah they do. but at least hc had an attitude last time i heard it. and it is completely different musical genre. a musical genre for kids.

Miromiric
21-07-2004, 12:00 AM
but i guess u have the point fernando. 1 of 13 millions will eventualy develop a taste.

miss bass
21-07-2004, 12:01 AM
but i guess u have the point fernando. 1 of 13 millions will eventualy develop a taste.

i have taste

The Divide
21-07-2004, 12:01 AM
:lol: :lol:

Miromiric
21-07-2004, 12:02 AM
i have taste

i admit it.

dan the acid man
21-07-2004, 12:02 AM
i have taste

exactly, even if just one person develops a liking for the darker side, it's better than none

Miromiric
21-07-2004, 12:05 AM
i guess it is something that would happen sooner or later. either you have it either u dont. missbass would somehow discover it even without vath and picotto.

The Overfiend
21-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok that's it.
This isn't a hang em high rally. Nipping this one in the bud before feelings get hurt even more.

278d7e64a374de26f==