PDA

View Full Version : Getting Gabber Kicks

Jutt
18-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Like the one used in Hardtyle?

Where it say goes rong rong rong rong for the 7 bars then the 8th bar is a pattern of gabber kicks?

Ive tried using the typical use of distortion on kick drums on me work station, but it still isnt sounding right :eh:

Any tips?

Jutt
19-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Anyone? :cry:

rounser
20-07-2004, 08:48 AM
You'd probably get a better response on USH (http://www.ush.net/board/viewforum.php?f=3) (in fact, aren't you MC Jutt on ush?)

My 2c: Why not just sample one? Naked gabber kicks are pretty easy to find given that a lot of it's pretty minimalist...

Kaos_Theory
20-07-2004, 11:00 AM
got some good results by putting a compressor on the kick with a high threshhold, ratio of about 6:1, no attack, lots of decay, hard knee setting and with the mark up turned up high, then adding a distort on, and tweaked till it sounds how i want

Jutt
21-07-2004, 04:53 PM
You'd probably get a better response on USH (http://www.ush.net/board/viewforum.php?f=3) (in fact, aren't you MC Jutt on ush?)

My 2c: Why not just sample one? Naked gabber kicks are pretty easy to find given that a lot of it's pretty minimalist...

Im after the squelch it usally does on the 8th bar

There's another Jutt that MCs and uses that name on this ush site?

Yeah its me dude ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for both of ya replys :clap:

mitzi
21-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Gabba kicks are all about distortion the majority of the time, if your using cubase or nuendo these programmes come with distortion and quadrafuzz effect units. Just run a kick through it and tweak around!
eq it afterwards, give it some bass and some middle to make it sound harder and fuzzier!

Jutt
22-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Would it work on Logic for Mac a reckon?

Paul Nisbet
24-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Would it work on Logic for Mac a reckon?

Hay mate, im currently working on a hard trance track with logic on a mac also, its a first collaboration between me and a mate ally, we are lacking on some serious percusson and synth progs and vsts.... could u help?

Jutt
25-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Cool mate, ive replied to your pm. Hope that helps you

Obdurate
26-07-2004, 02:12 AM
just use a filtered effect to get that noise if where talking about the same "squelch" effect haha well plus u have to get ur kick sound right 1st just use a nice plugin like like ohm force's predatorm

baptismo
26-07-2004, 10:28 AM

Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseee dont sample one!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a kick, need to start off with the right sound, put a distortion unit like quadrafuzz on it and then put a reverb unit on it such as the Waves Rverb... on the verb unit put the pre delay right up and tuern the tinme and wet/dry mix down.... as to get that sorta gated reverb effect.....

Please dont sample one! I'd rather make you one myself than see ya sample another gabba kick fill :rambo:

Paul Nisbet
26-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Cool mate, ive replied to your pm. Hope that helps you

;)

Ritzi Lee
27-07-2004, 05:27 PM
maximize gain volume on the kick.
easy as that..

Tugie
05-08-2004, 12:30 AM
Dont sample one !!!! Ha ha ha
Bulshit do what ever you need to do mate it's all their for the taking ! chances are they sampled it first.
The truth is the best ones come from fat synths like the Virus,i was in my mates house the other day fking about with his Virus an the kiks it was coming out with wher fking Awsome !!!!
Ye Quadrafuzz is good an you will get alot of you favoret sounds but not all of em .
Qudrafuzz is avilable for logic as a plugin but if i was you i would ditch logic and go to SX or Nuendo and definetly ditch the Mac coz it is now FACT !!!!!!!! that a PC is faster than a Mac.

John Ferraris
02-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Then chuck a high-pass filter with high resonance and tweak cutoff for that squelchy pitch sound

Dj Sanders
24-11-2004, 11:13 PM
I agree with john, don't sample it.. cos you will never learn. And its not all for the taking!! Bit disrespectfull you ask me!

You can use a whole heaps of programs, and the one you prolly haven't noticed is rebirth hell 909 ? :P run a 4 by 4 kick on the 909 compress it add the distortion on it, save it to wav.. then run it through cubase add quadfuzz get rid of the bottom end, ad a touch of filter.. then just keep on ****ing around with the quad settings..

I also once used samplitude, I ****ed with the EQ's on the kick and got a preety cool hardstyle sound, if you remember the K&S remix of connected them knocking sounds are in that from samplitude.. I think near the end of the track..

NFP
26-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I agree with Tugie get SX great piece of software, but where kicks are concerned definately make your own, whats the point in using someone elses samples unless your doing a rmx.
SR202 is quite a good drum vst give it a whirl and use different effects like quadfuzz.

Jutt
26-11-2004, 03:51 PM
ADo ya know where I can get this program from?

Would it be compatible with mac?

I realy want this sound, but dont realy fancy buying cubase just get a serious deng hehehe :lol: ;)

NFP
29-11-2004, 01:28 PM
I think you would be better with a pc, fruity loops is no where near as good as sx

schlongfingers
29-11-2004, 02:13 PM
wrong

TechnoRaver
30-11-2004, 10:59 AM
er your wrong

schlongfingers
30-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Such a tired argument, FLStudio is a great application, you can get extremely professional results using it - really can't be arsed to argue with you except to say 'Whhaaaaatever'

Workman + Talent + Tools = Results.

BTW Fruity only runs on PC.

Jutt
30-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Workman + Talent + Tools = Results.

Innit and we all know Logic is king of all haha

Only messing

The workman and tools is extremly true it's the operator not the program :clap:

NFP
02-12-2004, 03:01 PM
no i'm not saying fruity loops is a bad program far from it but you can't do as much on fl as you can on SX

schlongfingers
02-12-2004, 04:54 PM
no i'm not saying fruity loops is a bad program far from it but you can't do as much on fl as you can on SX

Giz some examples then? I've not struggled to do anything I need using the app in the last 2 years.

Barely Human
02-12-2004, 06:24 PM

LMAO.

To be honest mate, i have never found anything that cant be done within fruity. As said before, name one thing that cant be done in fruity...., (and i dont mean running mulit track hardware studios because it is a software studio). I'll put it another way, name something musically that cant be done with fruity.

NFP
03-12-2004, 01:13 PM
well you've got all your ring modulaters your vst bass sounds are a lot better quality its only my opinion, but i've got to admit fl studio 5 thats being reviewed at the minute looks the bomb.

schlongfingers
04-12-2004, 06:40 PM
well you've got all your ring modulaters your vst bass sounds are a lot better quality its only my opinion, but i've got to admit fl studio 5 thats being reviewed at the minute looks the bomb.

Fruity accepts VST's so it's a case of using the right plugin, not a limitation of the program. Yes Fruity 5 looks fantastiic :D

MARKEG
05-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Yeah, i used to be one to slate fruity. I found that I could tell a track done on fruity in a matter of seconds. But the problem was that so many ppl were using the program as a gimmick and just using the presets. What I've found these days is there's alot of people that have really gone deep into the program and it can do so much more than just presets. Several of my fave producers actually told me thet do everything on Fruity. I say don't knock it. PS Fruity 5
:clap:

NFP
06-12-2004, 11:36 AM
I just love sx what can i say

tocsin
04-01-2005, 05:28 PM
If you are looking to make the standard gabber kicks, or even go further, start with this download:
http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Roland/TR-909/samples/TR909all.zip

This contains wav files of numerous tr-909 clean kick drums at various ADSR settings. It also has a number of other TR-909 sounds included. Quadrafuzz is definitely an excellent effect to run on kick drums for hardcore, however, it can over-digitize them. Basically, just play with those and you'll get what you are looking for. Then, if you have a sampler or program that can allow you to play with the shape/amplitude of the kick on the fly, try using that. I'm pretty Fruity Loops and a number of software packages let you do that.

Edit: Forgot to add, for that effect you want on the last kicks, download Frohmage. It's a free filter plugin from the makers of predatohm and ohmboyz which are also excellent for distortion. For a free plguin, frohmage is great. You can autobind the cutoff knob to respond to any midi data when the audio is running. So, when your track is playing the kicks, if you load up frohmage on the bus for the kicks, you can get that nice high-pass filter sound that gets used a lot in hardstyle and the newer dutch gabber tracks. Or, you can go all out, run your kicks through a guitar distortion pedal, and then high pass the results. You can gets some ear-bleeding sweeps that way which sound ****ing great in my opinion. Though, I'm sure most would beg to differ. ;)
Frohmage: http://www.ohmforce.com/UseFreeSoftware.do;jsessionid=572594DB808CA6DCEF09 3E87FC76125C?action=listDemos&productId=6
Just pick the version you want from there.

Jutt
04-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Nice one mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

Flood
03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
The Audiogenics website has some kick samples that sound really good m8.

www.audiogenic.fr

278d7e64a374de26f==