PDA

View Full Version : WHY WHY WHY

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 01:47 PM
do ppl spend so much time on the 'techno is dead' subject ?

ive been readin a lot of forums & net pieces & i have to say, it seems the further up the ladder the artist is, the less positive things they have to say...

most of the ppl i know at bedroom level have love & enthusiasm for the music & clubs, where as the ppl playing & running the nights do nothin but bitch & moan. THESE ppl have the ability to try & change things, yet all they do is bitch & moan & fight & complain...

i run a small night in Belfast & i lose money every month. i havent made money since last june (thats over 13 months ago) but every month, my night is on. and we go down & rock it. be it me, Jamie Bissmire, Sunil Sharpe or a few bedroom jocks, we all give it our best...

then i go to sites & see ppl just kockin the scene (from their nice perch where they are doing 2 hour sets for £2000 & playing like a retard) saying 'the scene is dead'

no its not, you soul is dead.

to all the names who charge stooopid fees, if its so dead, pack it i & let the kidz get on with it... if your so bored DC, dont think for one second leather pants & ****in face full of make up turns you into an 'enetertainer'

drop your fees, get of the horse & give something back...

Tiptoe
18-07-2004, 02:27 PM
to be honest i only really go on this forum and the reason being there is little negativity because the peeps on here love the scene and i respect them for that. I must admit i have not really seen any techno is dead comments for a very long time now.
I do agree with the big fee's though. I think some of the big guns do charge fair bit from prices i have heard. On the flip side of the coin there are a lot of excellent dj's who are good people as well and won't charge you the earth if you explain the sitiation eg size of night set lengh capacity. I don't think over here there are lots of nights that can afford big fee's cos other than the jam i bet not many nights that are just techno get 400+ so big fee's are out of the question anyway. If the big dj's want to play at nights here in the uk they will have to accept that they will get paid less and if they don't want to the they can **** off and let the new talent take their place. The one's who do play over here now are the ones who love it and its because they enjoy it and its their passion not just all about the££££££££
RANT OVER

slavestudios
18-07-2004, 02:29 PM
well, tbh, my point was aimed at those outside (so maybe it should be posted outside) but i think u know where i'm coming from... i hope :lol:

Tiptoe
18-07-2004, 02:32 PM
yeah i know what you mean mate. anyway **** em all lets av it :rambo: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==