PDA

View Full Version : Ribbz

Jutt
18-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Has the MC/DJ Ribbz made any tracks?

As id like to hear these if he has done any?

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 04:54 PM
i dont think he has,i mite be wrong though.shame really,when ribbz is on form he is amazing,defo the best techno dj ive seen live and ive seen many of the so called big names.this is just my opinion though.

Frank Dogshit
18-07-2004, 06:11 PM
was ribbz the guy MCing over dj rush at the last atomic jam??

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 08:27 PM
could of been i dunno,hes more recognised for his mc'ing than his djing really,dont ask me why though ;)

DJ Weiss
18-07-2004, 09:18 PM
DJ Rush did a little... but Ribbzy was dancing around on stage like a loon, i think he had a couple of goes on the old blower... and why not, the guy is a legend :notworthy:

DJ Weiss
18-07-2004, 09:20 PM
could of been i dunno,hes more recognised for his mc'ing than his djing really,dont ask me why though ;)

millions of tapes going out with Ribbz going.. 'Whooo Wooo!!! i hope your having a good time' ;) that could explain it really

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 09:44 PM
yeah but hes a better dj than an mc in my view.hes the best on the mic,but hes a f*ckin excellent dj as well.

Col
18-07-2004, 10:00 PM

they have mc's at atomic jam? :shock:

ive heard a couple of ribbz sets, he plays some good stuff, but technically his sets have been very poor.

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 10:06 PM

they have mc's at atomic jam? :shock:

ive heard a couple of ribbz sets, he plays some good stuff, but technically his sets have been very poor.

yeah,hes a wreckhead probably hence sum sloppy sets :lol: but when hes on it,he really is excellent :cool: im sure mark has heard him play sum blinders as well,come on back me up!!!!! :lol:

Tiptoe
18-07-2004, 10:10 PM
yeah have heard some awful ribbz tapes. really bad mixing. Best tape i heard was from 1997 a skelter one but can't remember which one. Fast hard and spot on mixing but thats the only one.

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 10:18 PM
check out sum of his deathrow tapes,leisurebowl kinetic 96,the void *helter skelter) 97,helter skelter odyseey,shit hes done loads of crackin tapes.some v poor ones too though like u said.

Tiptoe
18-07-2004, 10:21 PM
if i post you down a couple of blank tapes and a stamped addressed envelope could you copy me a couple am more than willing to have a listen.

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 10:24 PM
if i post you down a couple of blank tapes and a stamped addressed envelope could you copy me a couple am more than willing to have a listen.

yep mate i dont mind doing that at all,il pm my address to you in a mo :cool:

Tiptoe
18-07-2004, 10:33 PM
buzzin mate ready and waiting. Give me a couple days need to get some new blank tapes haven't got any since i got my cd recorder. :lol:

basslinejunkie
18-07-2004, 10:46 PM
sorry man ive just realised this after sending u a pm :doh: do you mind sending me one of your darkside cd's if youve got one spare? cheers :)

Esox Lucius
19-07-2004, 10:50 AM
check out sum of his deathrow tapes,leisurebowl kinetic 96,the void *helter skelter) 97,helter skelter odyseey,shit hes done loads of crackin tapes.some v poor ones too though like u said.

tape from the deathrow 'heaven' pack wasnt too bad, most of ribbz mixes are not the best mxing wise though.

Col
19-07-2004, 11:13 AM

tape from the deathrow 'heaven' pack wasnt too bad, most of ribbz mixes are not the best mxing wise though.

haha..i have that tape pack, i cant remember what that set is like. i might have to put that on later.

The Divide
19-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Ribbz is a rave techno dj/mc legend. I have always thought highly of him, as a DJ and and a MC. Actually he is the only mc I can put up with in techno. He lets you listen to the music and just comes on at the right moment, bigs up the music and then disappears to let you get into it. As a Dj yea he’s not very technical but I dont think that’s what Ribbz was all about. He seemed more of a selective dj, one who liked to play and stick to a certain sound that made him what he was. Dont know what he spins now but I loved the stuff he played when I was going to places like the Skelta and the North. He used to always be smiling all the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also has the right attitude too, very easy to talk to unless your asking for shout outs and all that crap

WRAGG
19-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Ribbz is wicked really knows how to create a party atmosphere!! His last set for us was wicked aswell!!! :clap:

neko
19-07-2004, 04:48 PM
just been listening to an technodrome producer tape with ribbz mc'ing :cool:

aggressor
19-07-2004, 07:38 PM
yep ribbz is cool,

played a back to back set with him at north a few years ago, and had a great time specially when we both dropped some electro tracks in the middle of the set . was rockin :)

Also he's a really nice guy too, havent seen him in ages

Esox Lucius
19-07-2004, 08:12 PM
yep ribbz is cool,

played a back to back set with him at north a few years ago, and had a great time specially when we both dropped some electro tracks in the middle of the set . was rockin :)

Also he's a really nice guy too, havent seen him in ages

was listening to a very old tape of yours from the technodrome yesterday mate :cool:

aggressor
20-07-2004, 07:30 PM
was listening to a very old tape of yours from the technodrome yesterday mate :cool:

:hmm:

:shock:

strange to think people still listen to my old sets :P

didn't think many people were listening at the time :lol:

djfurness
21-07-2004, 12:45 AM
ribbz is a legend....haha....the only time he ****s up is when hes boozed up and done in...hence the dodgy mixin in skelter....i always thought that ribbzy looked like he was enjoyin the party more than anyone in the room....hence why he is a legend!

278d7e64a374de26f==