PDA

View Full Version : technics - earth problem

lunatrick
22-03-2003, 06:06 PM
I have a loud hum coming from one of my decks even though it's earthed to the mixer. I've swapped the headshells and the same deck is still buzzing so I think the earth lead on the deck is faulty, but I was wondering can I sort this out myself?

DJAbyss
07-04-2003, 11:36 PM
m8 i had the same problem, i bought my 1st pair of 1210's from cash generator for £280 and i had exactly what you are experiencing i bought new concorde dj stylesus and it was the same, i took them back and they said there was nothing wrong, did you buy yours second hand, do you or have you taken your decks somewhere else?
if you have some twat has probably spilt a drink of something over them, because i found out a few month's l8r after buying them they were a pair of battered decks
my advice to you is take them once to be looked at, if they are still the same (cut ya losses and scrap them...
nice 1.

Patrick
08-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Check this site :

http://music.hyperreal.org/dj/sl1200.html

All about how to service and adjust your technics. There's a section on there about eliminating the ground wire. Looks fairly straight forward, you should be able to do it yourself.

acidhead
25-05-2003, 09:36 PM
here goes -

the signal path from the stylus tip to the phono outs does not connect to anything at all inside the technics turntable apart from a junction box under the arm -

take the deck apart and check for some solder that has wiggled loose on 1 of the earth wires - find out what channel the hum is from(left or right) and look at the tone arm wiring diagram to find out what one it is (green/blue?? havent touched a set of technics for about 5 years now so im going from memory)

the wires are really thin and a pain in the arse to resolder so it might be better to take it to a music shop to get it rewired properly - it isnt the actual turntable bit that is at fault because that is totally seperate from any audio cabling

have fun - i done mine pretty easy when i had it go to shit :)

while your there - give em the pitch +-16 makeover too with the little cross head plastic adjustmant things on the circuit board near the tonearm bit -but remember to set the brakes up also to make up for the extra speed u get

nihilist
11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
my citronics do something very similar they just go quiete when cuing in the headphones if just pull the input cable out and back in they r all right.is this the same problem?

278d7e64a374de26f==