PDA

View Full Version : !!DO NOT USE HARD TO FIND RECORDS.COM !!

EmotionComplex
20-07-2004, 02:54 PM
everyone is welcome to an "i told you so" but im posting this just to reiterate how crap hardtofind records are and keep it fresh in peoples mind why they shouldnt give them any custom.

Ive been after a particular record bag for a few weeks now, tried ordering it from a few sites and they all were out of stock on the item...so i turned to htfr as last resort thinking (well its just a record bag...no moving parts...should be ok)

turned out they had it in stock (for 5 quid dearer then anywere else) fair enough ithought, if i can get me hands on it i dont mind. orderd it and it arrived this morning.

the inside of the bag is constructed from foam peices that velcro on inside andcome together to make the padded interior and strengthen the bag.

They have big numbers on the back so that you know which peice is which and which are mirror pairs...BIG BLOODY NUMBERS so why the hell did the person who packed the bag not notice that there are numbers missing...i mean i can imagine a 5year old is able to spot missing numbers from 6 pecies :shock:

oh yeah and the padlock provided with the bag is allready locked with no sign of a code for it.... so just to wrap things up hard to find records are an absolute joke (as im sure you allready know) and no matter how desperate you are NEVER turn to them or expect them to be able to manage even the simplest thing without cocking it up!

ive emaild them just stating if i dont have the missing foam pieices by friday then the bags is on its way back.

piginabush
20-07-2004, 08:38 PM
what bag was it???

I just got a nice UDG Trolley bag for my birthday and its lush :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DJTrubass
20-07-2004, 08:40 PM
the rip u off with records to m8, bollox

EmotionComplex
20-07-2004, 10:04 PM
http://www.htfr.com/images/products/BMR85567.jpg

its that one, very nice bag indeed but its shit without the proper inside foam parts :bash: the idiots :nono:

hopefully ill have it sorted pronto

piginabush
20-07-2004, 11:21 PM
http://www.ultimate-dj-gear.com/home2/shopEXP/i/p/9565.gif

this is the one I just got :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yoshimitsu
21-07-2004, 12:52 PM
agreed. htfr are shite. i ordered a replacement crossfader for my mixer once, got it only to find it didnt fit. wen i rang em about it they said 'it must fit coz its the right make etc. well, it bloody didnt :lol: so i sent it back, but never got my £ back. wankers

romelpotter
22-07-2004, 06:12 PM
i just got this for my birthday, unlike the pic its massive !!!!!

http://www.u-d-m.co.uk/pictures/products/19312v452.gif

hold 100 records and ways 100 tons :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

I didn't think it was gonna be as big as it was but never mind it gives me lots of options now coz it holds SO many tunes :cool: ;)

romelpotter
22-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh and I have just ordered some tunes from hard to find, because i couldn't find them anywhere else. fingers crossed on that one then. :doh:

djh
22-07-2004, 06:26 PM
hey mate if your badly in need of certin types of tracks. the best vinyl shop id go with would have to be http://www.thedisc.net

if they dont have it in stock they will try there hardest to track it down for you.

keep it real all. :cool:

Djh

EmotionComplex
22-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh and I have just ordered some tunes from hard to find, because i couldn't find them anywhere else. fingers crossed on that one then. :doh:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

EmotionComplex
22-07-2004, 06:48 PM
im still waiting for the reply email to my problem which is supposed to be here within 48 hours :shock:

romelpotter
22-07-2004, 07:15 PM
hey mate if your badly in need of certin types of tracks. the best vinyl shop id go with would have to be http://www.thedisc.net

if they dont have it in stock they will try there hardest to track it down for you.

keep it real all. :cool:

Djh

nice one mate :lol: :cool:

romelpotter
22-07-2004, 07:22 PM
im still waiting for the reply email to my problem which is supposed to be here within 48 hours :shock:

take it from me, I used to work for o2 online and the way you are ment to find out infomation such as puk codes and un blocking codes is by sending an email, as a point no emails get a responce apart from an automatically genorated "we have recieved your email and are dealing with the enquiery". o2 wait until you ring a 50 p per min phone line and put you on hold for at least 10 min. point is do not rely on any emails you have sent off, ring them up and get in their faces man its the only way grrrrrrrrrrr :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :rambo: :rambo: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

romelpotter
22-07-2004, 07:23 PM
i have been drinking :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJTrubass
22-07-2004, 08:13 PM
i have been drinking :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehehe

skron
24-07-2004, 04:41 AM
if someone ever comes across a record called Slyder - Neo

(it's a trance track from grand theft auto 3 and i've only ever seen the vinyl once)

i will pay large sums for this track. :love:

Voorheez
24-07-2004, 09:50 AM
if someone ever comes across a record called Slyder - Neo

(it's a trance track from grand theft auto 3 and i've only ever seen the vinyl once)

i will pay large sums for this track. :love:
I love that track too, but i've never seen it anywhere. I downloaded it when GTA3 was out, and used to spin people out by playing it in the car. Rise FM rules! ;)

romelpotter
24-07-2004, 12:03 PM
wahoo i got my records from htfr this morning, nothing to report, all the tunes in good condition, so in this money well spent, for once .!!!! :lol:

wez
25-07-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi guys...

I ordered some bookshelf monitor speakers from htf for 1oo quid,only to find that they were 50 quid cheaper in my local argos.. :evil:

detfella
28-07-2004, 03:01 PM
i dont like h2f, especially when the first thing they say when u ring is "how are you paying"... i won't dare shop there anymore they mark everything up in price and advertise things they haven't even got in stock.

basslinejunkie
28-07-2004, 04:51 PM
and the records they stock arent even hard to find 99 percent of the time!! never used it and never will.proper turd.

EmotionComplex
28-07-2004, 05:06 PM
ok, heres an update.

I first placed the order on the 16th of july, it arrived on the 20th july.
As soon as i had establiished the bag was missing peices i sent an email back (on the 20th).

The auto reply email states
Thank you for your comment/enquiry. We aim to answer all email enquiries within
48 hours. If you do not receive an answer to your query within 3 days of sending
your email to us, please email the specific department by looking at our
contacts page at http://www.htfr.com/enquiries/

This first email was to the sales department....3 days passed....no reply other then the original computer generated auto responce confirming i had sent an email.

So i do what it says and locate the specific department, being the complaints department. The email i sent to them this time again was given an auto reply telling me it had got there...but nothing else so its been 5 days since the second mail i sent and still no member of the staff has had the courtosey of giving me a physical reply telling me what he/she is doing to fix my order.

Lora Nash - sales department
http://www.htfr.com/images/staff/lora.n.jpg

John MacDonald - complaints department
http://www.htfr.com/images/staff/john.rob.jpg

these 2 grinning ignorant bastards have been absolutely no help whatsoever and have completly ignored my conplaints about what is a faulty order.

If you would like to find out information about a particular tune, or anything else, have a look to see who will be able to help you best, send them an e-mail then wait for a speedy personal reply.

MY ARSE!

i hear what your saying about phoning them danny, but if a company is running an internet based business then contact facilities through this medium should be as important to them as someone on the phone and the fact they have chosen to completly ignore my problem now they have my money shows makes me furious! ... the only alternative i have now is to phone them so i am forced to but im certinly going to let them know what i think about there conduct and state the fact from the start that if ithey cant send me the missing peices of the padding i am returning the bag for a full refund (no sending the bag back to recive another one) id rather take my custom to a company that deserves it now.

this company really shouldnt be aloud to trade!!!

EmotionComplex
28-07-2004, 05:11 PM
wahoo i got my records from htfr this morning, nothing to report, all the tunes in good condition, so in this money well spent, for once .!!!! :lol:

:nono: please dont give them any more custom , they dont deserve it .

EmotionComplex
28-07-2004, 05:12 PM
god im ****ing annoyed, £75 quid they took off me including postage for something that is usless tio me at the moment, it was money i was given from my birthday too :evil: :evil: :evil:

i expect they arent going to refund the price of my telephone call either which will mean im looising out on money for there problem

****ing idiots!

EmotionComplex
28-07-2004, 05:59 PM
http://www.ninja19.free-online.co.uk/wsr.JPG

romelpotter
28-07-2004, 05:59 PM
, it was money i was given from my birthday too :evil: :evil: :evil:

**** idiots!

:nono: :nono: :nono: shit place that htfr mate

dan the acid man
28-07-2004, 07:52 PM
bt are as bad, my broadband has been playing up and they just blame the comapany's where my connection passes through :rambo:

Hakka
28-07-2004, 08:44 PM
http://www.ninja19.free-online.co.uk/wsr.JPG

haha... what a ****ing good post.

Man I'm never going to use HTFR.Com after reading this, sorry to hear you've had such an awful time man.

EmotionComplex
28-07-2004, 08:48 PM
thanks hakka :)

im going to ring them first thing in the morning and sort this mess out. but i also have devised a test to prove i am being ignoerd by them, going to make a new email up in a min then contact both john and lora about a made up request regarding "an expensive purchase i wish to make" and see how long they take to reply then ;)

Hakka
28-07-2004, 09:41 PM
thanks hakka :)

im going to ring them first thing in the morning and sort this mess out. but i also have devised a test to prove i am being ignoerd by them, going to make a new email up in a min then contact both john and lora about a made up request regarding "an expensive purchase i wish to make" and see how long they take to reply then ;)

Ha Ha... good call! that puts them under pressure to sort this out.

basslinejunkie
28-07-2004, 09:53 PM
bt are as bad, my broadband has been playing up and they just blame the comapany's where my connection passes through :rambo:

ive never had any problems with them at all,on the odd occasion when there has been a mixup with postage they get on2 it stright away an keep you informed.

EmotionComplex
29-07-2004, 09:56 AM
right i phone at nine and the answer machine said the lines open at 10 so i will be phoning them in a matter of mins, ill report back shortly.

EmotionComplex
29-07-2004, 10:22 AM
well i got through, guy dealing with the phone calls seemed to be quite sound, told him the problem and hes assured me that ill receive the entire inside foam peices through the post in the next few days so we'll see how that goes.

i had to listen to 5 mins of advertised records down the phone while i was on hold though :neutral: with a steven hawkins type vocie quoting the order numbers after each clip

now to mail john and lora under a differnt name regarding a lot of money i wish to spend on there site :) i imagine i will have a reply by dinner time this time

wenna
29-07-2004, 12:48 PM
sorry to hear this m8!

the cobo for ur padlock should be either 111, 222 333 444 555 0r 666.

EmotionComplex
30-07-2004, 05:35 AM
sorry to hear this m8!

the cobo for ur padlock should be either 111, 222 333 444 555 0r 666.

cheers man yeah i worked the combination out, i was suprised it was so straight forward though :shock: i was expecting it to be 3 complety differnt numbers.

oh well most people wont know that anyway :)

EmotionComplex
15-08-2004, 10:29 PM
welll.....im back

it appears they havent sent my ****ing replacement foam so again i will reiterate

HARD
TO
FIND
RECORDS
ARE
SHIT

im phoning tommorow and telling them im sending the order back and they can refund my money and post costs and stick there foam up there ****ing areses the jokers, they think they can take 70 quid off me send me an incomplete product then **** me about for this long without fixing the problem whilst STILL having my money.

the ****ing losers , please please please dont use this company because if anything goes wrong this is how they treat you :!:

Yoshimitsu
15-08-2004, 11:55 PM
:shock: wankers :nono:

well ill never use them again thats for sure :evil:

EmotionComplex
04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
well, the foam finaly arrived this morning, infact 10 mins ago....... i first posted about it on Jul 20th and it took them 2 emails and 2 phone calls + however many weeks to send out about 10 peices of bloody foam. plus they charged me £2.25 for the privilage of sending it.

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

they sent the foam for a different udg bag and it doest fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so its time for phone call number 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excuse me a moment while i stick my head in the microwave and scream :evil:

cascade
04-09-2004, 11:43 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
all this time since you first posted and they still havnt sent ya your foam.

ohh dear man this is bad.

ive bought loads of stuff from HTFR and theres always been problems although they have never give me problems with buying my udg bags.

got my vestax from them with no cartridges and then they sent me a bent cartridge.
twats.
so i was without any working decks for a month
DISASTER.

also never buy any vinyl from them on next day delivery.

last week i orderd 2 tunes on wednesday needing them for friday, cost me bout £7 in next day delievery and guess when they came
tuesday the following week

what a ****ing waste

do not buy from HTFR, ever
period
:shock: :shock:

Voorheez
04-09-2004, 09:45 PM
In the face of so much opposite opinion, I have to say that I like HTFR, and i've dealt with them quite a bit and never had any problems.

I've heard many people say bad things about them, and was a bit dubious when I first ordered, but i've got a few really rare tunes from there, and it was fast delivery.

I also once ordered some carts, but it turned out I didn't need them, so asked to send them back. They said fine, so I sent them recorded delivery, but they never registered as signed for. In the end it turned out that they had recieved them, refunded me, and then royal mail also paid me the value in compensation. So I gained an extra £40!

EmotionComplex
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
:dontevengothere:

lukekendall
13-09-2004, 04:59 PM
ummmm

i was thinking about getting some concordes from there i dont think i will now :shock:

sean.demaine
18-09-2004, 10:08 PM
they still owe me a refund for a tune i sent back in y2k , after many months of phonecalls i have given up and refuse to ever use em again !

sean.demaine
18-09-2004, 10:09 PM
by the way , they sent it to me in error innthe first place , it was a hard house tune ! :shock:

EmotionComplex
19-09-2004, 12:55 AM
ive spoken to mates whoves used them in the past and i didnt know and between wrong items being sent, money being taken out but no dispatch, inability to sort out a faulty item return without taking more then a month and power packs missing from hardware that states the powerpack is included they seem to be a company ran by mostly idiots who by all means shouldnt actually be alloud to trade but are. infact between the things ive heard on boards and from friends and my own experiences id have to rate this as THE worst company ive come across to date, i will not be having anything to do with them in the future and will be more then happy to spread the bad word about them to anyone considering using there "services"

dan the acid man
19-09-2004, 01:35 AM
sometimes it's worth paying that bit extra for something from a place you know you can trust.

MangaFish
19-09-2004, 07:56 PM
ftfr arnt exactly cheep from what i've seen though

Barely Human
19-09-2004, 08:59 PM
In the face of all this negativity, i have used HTFR for various battle vinyl, mixers, faders, carts, and replacement styli... And i have never once had a problem with them. But, with all this trouble that greg and others have had, i dont think i will be using thier service again... :nono:

Jay Pace
17-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Bought a copy of the prophet from them once.

Sounded like someone had pressed it from a tape recording they found in a jumble sale.

So I called them up and told them it was shit and I wanted my money back. They gave it back thankfully.

Not dealing with them again though.

278d7e64a374de26f==