PDA

View Full Version : Mac OSX VST Problems

dbit
20-07-2004, 09:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone was having similar problems. I have tested and totally carbonized VST plug-ins. I have swapped them as a group, and individually, in and out of my various HD/library/audio/plugins/vst
User/Library/etc.. and have redirected different osx vst apps to the new folders, still a bunch of plug ins will/wont show up in the various progs, and which ones is not always consistent either.

Anyone have similar experiences, or any info that may help? I am using Jaguar. Is this something potentially fixed in panther?

Help!!!
:scratch:
d

DJZeMig_L
21-07-2004, 04:47 AM
not a mac expert but a lot of prob can b solved b updating yer extensions list (thinl it's in system), I know that in the past not updating those could even mean stuff not working, On recent OS things work a litle different but I remember some1 solving his prob with something similar!

Hope this makes sense.

Z

dbit
21-07-2004, 05:13 AM
yeah, I'm a pretty well versed mac user. OS9 used extensions as the primary means for tweaking the system. OSX is a whole new unix based beast.

thanks for the try though!

Anyone else?

:hmm:

g
21-07-2004, 06:36 AM
haven't had this issue specifically
but have you checked osxaudio.com?

& maybe fixed in panther as i've never had the prob. worth the upgrade in general, btw. esp as i'm sure now it's dirt cheap.

DJZeMig_L
21-07-2004, 11:06 AM
have u tryed using on of those vst to au adapter software proggys??

Z

jake
21-07-2004, 12:04 PM
there are two types of vst's for mac.. not all audio apps are compatible with all of them... i think theyre called carbon and mach-o

278d7e64a374de26f==