PDA

View Full Version : Eventide processors

analfreaked
20-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi;

Any of you has tried any Eventide top notch processor? DSE 3000 or so

I never lokied plug ins or cheap processors but just sold the TC fireworx, was great but not my sound!

FILTERZ
21-07-2004, 05:43 PM
a friend of mine swears these are the best in the world,couldnt say but the specs look pretty tasty , lot of psy trance people use em

torres28
18-08-2004, 06:38 PM
I just saw that surgeon said he was using one,Do you recommend picking up one of these' not by surgeon of course but I had other fx unit and are not very good.

I like dark sound as on a tape echo.

Basil Rush
20-08-2004, 12:24 PM
They are beautiful things, we've had a DSP4000 and 7000 in the studio but as computing power increases they'll become less useful, expect the prices to drop dramatically in the next couple of years for the older models as more quality pitch shift tools and stuff are available for native systems.

On the other hand there are some surreal reverbs to be had and if you fancy an outboard effects processor that does something other than boring bread and butter effects they are absolutely the bomb.

you can design new effects on the PC and dump them to the device over a serial connection as well.

Ours lives pretty much 90% of the time on a patch that makes pop vocals sound big and warm but when it gets used for something else it shines in the mix.

278d7e64a374de26f==