PDA

View Full Version : New track - Obdurate - Snare Chair

Obdurate
21-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Click me (http://www.clubfaction.net/audio/obdurate/tracks/Obdurate%20-%20Snare%20Chair.mp3)

Obdurate
21-07-2004, 12:46 AM
All feedback very welcome ...

peace out

dirty_bass
21-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Not into this kinda techno.
But my advice is back off the distortion a little, as you are crushing everything and making it all sound flat.
Add some punchy percussion in there to define the groove.
Overall the Eq of the mix sounds fine, maybe the top end could be clearer, but this is the nature of distortion. You sacrifice definition for distortion.

dan the acid man
21-07-2004, 10:51 PM
using a touch of distortion is a great tool, but this has got way too much for my liking.
This style isnt my kind of thing either so i cant really comment too much on it, it sounds ok compared to some of this style that iv'e heard before

Obdurate
22-07-2004, 01:28 AM
aight cheers for feedback guys .. suppose distortion is summat ive allways loved carnt beat a nice grinding track and comming from the hardcore scene and goin straight into techno would be my influances i suppose.

The Divide
22-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I like the distortion. I would take some distortion off the main mix and add a little to that kick so the kick sounds like it does now only the overall product should sound a little bit cleaner and punchier. Then compress/maximize the whole thing so it’s louder and more dynamic.

Could be worth a try. I like what your trying to do tho :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==