PDA

View Full Version : Club Experiments - Mark EG

DJ Corbzy
23-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Oi Oi!! Hi...im a Hard Trancer (quick get him!! :lol: ), but i would just like to say to Mark....That cd you gave me at the grove..."Club Experiments"...when i first put it on i thought "ughhh techno"...but i listened to it and i loved it! superbly mixed, great selection of nice banging, rolling techno which makes ya wanna get a groove on!

cheers for the free one and keep up the quality mixing!

MARKEG
23-03-2003, 11:54 PM
Nice 1! Thanx m8 :=]

Although I'll be posting a message about this soon and sending an e-flyer to everyone, if anyone wants a copy:

www.rumourrecords.com

DJ Corbzy
23-03-2003, 11:57 PM
no probs mark...hey if ya like something why not tell everyone!

listening to it now...:D

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 11:21 AM
when i first put it on i thought "ughhh techno"...

Why?

Esox Lucius
24-03-2003, 11:35 AM
cos he`s not into techno?

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 11:44 AM
cos he`s not into techno?

In comparison to shoddy trance!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

(Let him answer the question himself!)

Esox Lucius
24-03-2003, 12:00 PM
yes sir! :wink:

DJ Corbzy
24-03-2003, 12:58 PM
because im not a avid fan of techno....

it would be the same if you got a classical jazz cd.....

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 01:31 PM
it would be the same if you got a classical jazz cd.....

:lol:

No it wouldn't!!!! Don't just assume. I like all decent music, irregardless of genre.

DJ Corbzy
24-03-2003, 01:35 PM
:x wont bother coming in here again!! :lol:

MARKEG
24-03-2003, 01:58 PM
that's not good ryan.

someone's comes on here who's simply not normally into techno for the first time and gets told that the music they like is shoddy trance.

that's precisely the attitude the drives ppl away from our music!

why are techno ppl so much better than trance ppl? why is anyone better than the next man who listens to something else?

what you've got to remember ryan is if you go over to the trance boards on these forums, you've find alot of very passionate people who are obviously 100% devoted to the music they listen to. in fact, check out the sort of topics they write about and you'll see what I mean.

please don't do this again ryan. i gave someone a techno cd and they genuinely liked it. now you've scared him away with some seriously bad attitude!

grrrrrr......

Dave Elyzium
24-03-2003, 04:14 PM
don't do this again ryan.

Now do a hundred lines...

:shock:

Esox Lucius
24-03-2003, 04:29 PM
you would be f*cked after a hundred lines, you would well overdose.

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 05:33 PM
that's not good ryan.

someone's comes on here who's simply not normally into techno for the first time and gets told that the music they like is shoddy trance.

that's precisely the attitude the drives ppl away from our music!

why are techno ppl so much better than trance ppl? why is anyone better than the next man who listens to something else?

what you've got to remember ryan is if you go over to the trance boards on these forums, you've find alot of very passionate people who are obviously 100% devoted to the music they listen to. in fact, check out the sort of topics they write about and you'll see what I mean.

please don't do this again ryan. i gave someone a techno cd and they genuinely liked it. now you've scared him away with some seriously bad attitude!

grrrrrr......

I'm glad you've finally decided to reply to one of my posts Mark!!!
Sadly it was one the ones that wasn't addressing you, but that's neither here nor there.
If you'd bother to read my post properly you would have seen the :lol: sign directly after the comment I made, which insinuates that my statement was a joke.
I don't particlarly care for trance, but if someone else does then so be it.
All I wanted to know was why he thought "aggggggh techno." Nothing more, nothing less.

Who said techno people are better than trance people?? I certainly didn't- Techno music may be better than Trance music, but I wouldn't make such a blatantly stupid comment. Do you recall the "I'm a Funky Tech Houser and I'm Gay" topic that you started?? That's the kind of prejudice that we should be worrying about......not prejudice that you have inferred from my post, which in fact doesn't exist.

I'm not saying that Trance fans aren't passionate. Of course they are, and I respect that, but if they want to get into a discussion with me about a style of music (and anyone/anything else for that matter) then they have to be prepared to hear comments that they may not like. If these people can then put their argument across coherantly and without resorting to anger or insults then great- we have a dignified and positive discussion, precisely the kind of thing we should encourage. If they can't keep their cool they need to re-address the reasons why they are participating on such a forum. I'm not prejudiced, I just have a strong opinion and it shows.

As for accusing me of having a seriously bad attitude, well that's just b0ll0cks. You don't know me- all I can think of is that because I'm not sitting on the fence and agreeing with everyone else, then that constitutes a bad attitude.. You don't know me, therefore you can't possibly know what my attitude is.

As for scaring him away, well, if he had conviction in his argument he would still be here right now. He's hardly a discussion forum novice either.

Addict
24-03-2003, 05:44 PM
I think perhaps without the smilies you do come across as a bit arrogant. I don't always look at the smilies but I can't speak fro everyone.
But what do I know I'm a Shoddy Trance Addict
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 05:48 PM
I think perhaps without the smilies you do come across as a bit arrogant. I don't always look at the smilies but I can't speak fro everyone.
But what do I know I'm a Shoddy Trance Addict
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A shoddy trance addict with a sense of humour.

I don't realy like emoticons very much, I prefer the word.

I'm not arrogant, just opinionated, I admit- there is a difference I reckon. :?:

Addict
24-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Ok but you didn't really express an opinion. It looks like you were trying to start an argument!
I think it was funny that you got told off, you baaad boy!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anonymous
24-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Ok but you didn't really express an opinion. It looks like you were trying to start an argument!

Did you not read my long post?? :?: :roll:

I think it was funny that you got told off, you baaad boy!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Told off?? Yeah, right........ :lol:

Esox Lucius
24-03-2003, 06:08 PM
ryan should be allowed his opinion, even if it`s not everyones liking.

DJ Corbzy
24-03-2003, 07:55 PM
mate...everyone chill.....all i wanted to say is that i enjoyed the cd...and now i like techno more.....thanks for the support mark and ryan dont worry about it...why argue?

im cool about it... :)

Esox Lucius
24-03-2003, 08:04 PM
on a lighter note, good to see you are starting to like techno.

Adverse
24-03-2003, 09:52 PM
hmm techfunk i'm not sure ryan displayed his opinion so much as a poor sense of humor (if it was a joke) which i did not see either. his same demeanor is even displayed in his "serious" response to mark.

I'm glad you've finally decided to reply to one of my posts Mark!!!
Sadly it was one the ones that wasn't addressing you, but that's neither here nor there.

i think mark's closer than bullocks there ryan. sorry. just my 2.

JACKSTAR
25-03-2003, 01:14 AM
Oh GOD I hope this forum isn't gonna be another "Overload" with everyone slagging each other off I think we can all do without that nonsense PLEASE !!!

P.

MARKEG
25-03-2003, 02:41 AM
'Spot on Jackstar...

this topic is gonna be closed. i don't like where this arguement is going and it's up to admin (ie me) to stop anything that begins to deteriorate like this. all i know is that i didn't like ryan's comments on 'shoddy trance' and i don't want this -ve ity about other styles of music used again in such a flipant way. it's so distructive. icons, or no icons.

i'm not joking here. it's a rule of the board and i made it for a reason.

actually ryan, i did start a post saying 'I'm a tech-houser and I am gay'. you've actually made me realise that i shouldn't have posted this based upon my own rules and i will not be posting stuff like this again. in fact, i'm gonna delete it. you've brought it to my attention and it'll help me improve the forum (believe me guys - it is hard to admin a forum). in fact, i'll be looking out for rule breaking now a little bit more. the member list is getting quite big and unfortunately i'm going to have to start watching out for bad -ve ity more than i ever did.

i haven't banned anyone in all the time this board has been up and running but i will have to consider it if this happens again. someone's gotta be on top of stuff here. -ve -ity and pointless arguements are not why i spent ages learning php to get a community going. it's not why i enjoy waking up in a morning to read what all you guys have said and it's not why i'm doing this. quite simply put, get lost to another board if you wanna argue about pointless crap. this board is about underground music no matter what genre.

ryan, i'm not getting at you, i'm just saying if you wanna slag off passionately made trance/house/hip-hop/grunge/ etc etc, i think we need do it somewhere else. i love having you on this board, you've had so many great things to say, but i don't wanna read shit like this. i really don't.

anyway enough crap from me...

i'm gonna close this topic and make another post somewhere else so we can all discuss it.

278d7e64a374de26f==