PDA

View Full Version : a lot of it about

davethedrummer
22-07-2004, 02:33 AM
ie:
please guys , no more arguing about disrespectful things.
it's very upsetting.

:cry: :cry:

dirty_bass
22-07-2004, 03:31 AM
are you starting something?, jam sandwich features :twisted:

technoticau
22-07-2004, 05:23 AM
I think this artist/genre bashing that's been going on is pretty immature and stupid :neutral:

Komplex
22-07-2004, 07:01 AM
yeah, shame on yourselves ;)

G-whizz
22-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I think this artist/genre bashing that's been going on is pretty immature and stupid :neutral:

I agree :!:

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 09:49 AM
ie:
it's very upsetting.

Word! :clap:

Oh yea, thanks for that tune Henry! ;)

dan the acid man
22-07-2004, 10:49 AM
it does all seem to have kicked off lately :roll:

Tony
22-07-2004, 11:17 AM
which genres are getting attakced?? are they consistantly the same ones??

death on a stick
22-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Can't say I've noticed.

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Can't say I've noticed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

G-whizz
22-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Can't say I've noticed.

fair play that made me laugh :lol: :lol:

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 01:54 PM

I feel thta acid techno isn't viewed too well on here. Don't know why? I suppose some people don't think its techno, more and I quote some one "inteligent hard house"

schlongfingers
22-07-2004, 02:30 PM

I feel thta acid techno isn't viewed too well on here. Don't know why? I suppose some people don't think its techno, more and I quote some one "inteligent hard house"

Landstrumm style techno as well.

schlongfingers
22-07-2004, 02:32 PM
anyway, yeah

http://www.just4yucks.com/images/5x/52012.gif

death on a stick
22-07-2004, 02:35 PM
It might be because acid tekno's really crap, but there may be other reasons not to like it, I suppose. It takes all sorts.

Does Landstrumm still make techno, or is "Landstrumm style techno" what we call the style of the artists who still make music based on his 1994 releases? Just trying to get a copy of Bedrooms & Cities now as it goes.

MARKEG
22-07-2004, 03:00 PM
as admin i'm have a real problem here. there are people who are open minded about the different styles of techno. those who appreciate the history of it all, appreiciate the taste of different people and think there is room for everything. this is really cool. i have massive respect for those people on here.

then there are people who don't understand the history and need to learn it. they say some silly things but hey, everyone is allowed to make mistakes. it's all about learning. that's what i think it really good about this place. alot of people are willing to give alot of other people a chance.

then there are those that have a massive understanding of the history or even just their history but just don't want to give anyone a chance. it's like 'i am right, everyone else is wrong'. and i just can't see how, on an internet message board that this is going to create anything other than tension and arguments. i enjoy the odd rift, don't we all, but sometimes it's these type of people that make this into a pretty unfriendly place on the odd occasion. 90% of the time it's great, but it's the 10% of the time where you think just what the hell is the point!

people like this are great in real life. i love meeting people with opinions. people who just wont budge unless you're in an argument with them for 10 hours and even then they don't reall want to get your point. GREAT! but on internet boards it really is a totally different kettle of fish. but then without people like this it all becomes nicey nicey, agree with everyone and it's all boring. or is it? isn't it just nice to escape into a message board and not have petty arguments? to just get away and talk amicably about your favourite music.

i think it's about time this techno board really had it out about this. mr drummer has mentioned it and tbh i've been thinking it for a long time now. how do we take the best things about this board and make it even better? what would be your course of action? and what is pissing you off about the board.

thoughts please. and let's not get too personal eh, cause i'm sure you're all aware of the rules ;)

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 03:03 PM
It might be because acid tekno's really crap

Loosing stupid comments like this would be a good start! :roll:

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 03:05 PM
I think it is time to create an acid techno forum again. I didn't like it when it was done the first time round, but I think its needed now, if your willing to put one on here Mark?

I love acid techno & techno, but I am sick of people slating the acid sound. If you don't like it, don't read it or comment. I do think it would be good to give it its own forum.

Miromiric
22-07-2004, 03:11 PM
It might be because acid tekno's really crap

Loosing stupid comments like this would be a good start! :roll:

i think mark said nicely in his post that it d be so boring if all agreed. death maybe thinks acidt is crap (maybe he s just taking a piss) and that s his opinion,period.
imho ppl get overly excited and stressed about things said here, relax and dont take everything so serious, after all we are all gonna die one day and all this will be irrelevant.

and besides, at the end of the you are just bunch of fonts on my screen, as my friend fernando said (nonexistant).

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 03:12 PM
...we're all going to die? :shock:

schlongfingers
22-07-2004, 03:13 PM
It might be because acid tekno's really crap, but there may be other reasons not to like it, I suppose. It takes all sorts.

Does Landstrumm still make techno, or is "Landstrumm style techno" what we call the style of the artists who still make music based on his 1994 releases? Just trying to get a copy of Bedrooms & Cities now as it goes.

:D I was just avoiding the word wonk... Could easily have said Subhead style, or proper techno (ducks).

Miromiric
22-07-2004, 03:13 PM
...we're all going to die? :shock:

lol, you silly twat!

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey! Less of that! :lol:

Si the Sigh
22-07-2004, 03:16 PM
...and besides, at the end of the you are just bunch of cunts on my screen

:crackup: [/b]

death on a stick
22-07-2004, 03:19 PM
You should create a system whereby in order to post on a thread, each member must pass a detailed online exam that uses sophisticated lie detection techniques to ensure that the person wishing to post really really loves the musical style, label or artist in question, so that only nice things can be said. If the test takes, say, an hour each time a user wishes to post, only the most passionate supporters of any subject would bother to take part, thus ensuring the purity of positivity.

Or....you could ban anyone who talks about shit music all the time.

ncw
22-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Or....you could ban anyone who talks about shit music all the time.

You might as well just delete this section.

dirty_bass
22-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Well, the fact these arguments happen, if you think about it, is actually pretty good.
It means the people arguing are really passionate about their paticular style of music, so therefore, it means they are in the right place, cos we all have a serious passion for this thing called techno, in whatever form it takes, and I`m glad to know there are people with the same sick obsession with these odd sounds created on machines, as mine.

basslinejunkie
22-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, the fact these arguments happen, if you think about it, is actually pretty good.
It means the people arguing are really passionate about their paticular style of music, so therefore, it means they are in the right place, cos we all have a serious passion for this thing called techno, in whatever form it takes, and I`m glad to know there are people with the same sick obsession with these odd sounds created on machines, as mine.

i agree with that,no two people on here with have the exact same musical taste,thats the beauty of techno really.a bit of banter is good,its when it gets to the point that someones gettin a good kickin in the balls which he or she has devoted there life to just because you dont like that particualr sound,thats when i find it a bit out of order.basically arguing is healthy and good but when done in a respectfull way.

miss bass
22-07-2004, 04:56 PM

i agree with that,no two people on here with have the exact same musical taste,thats the beauty of techno really.a bit of banter is good,its when it gets to the point that someones gettin a good kickin in the balls which he or she has devoted there life to just because you dont like that particualr sound,thats when i find it a bit out of order.basically arguing is healthy and good but when done in a respectfull way.

i dont mind someone saying to me, no, i do not like what you play or i do not agree with what you think. Thats great!!!

I feel some people though do not want to do that, they are just on these message boards to be rude.
An incident for me which occured on Little Detroit (no offence Mark Eg i like your site too!) and i was standing up for techno and it's people, as someone was ripping it to shreads. Saying prople who write on message boards are wrecking techno and techno is basically rubbish!!! Therefore i stood up, instead i had people, turn on to me, telling me not '2 write in txt chat' (as i was). They didn't just tell me, literally just took the piss, and ended up in another four pages of me defending myself!
I felt this was irrelivant, and people like this put you off posting.... is it suppose to be like that?

I thought message boards were here to bring people together not deter them from posting! Plus i wouldn't have minded if people had not been rude! Theres no need, people will get accross their opinions more by just being civil! It's not hard.

dirty_bass
22-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I think basically, arguing is cool, but I think we could all be a little more civilised and repectful.
Saying he is shit or so and so is crap is I guess not constructive. So I guess we can all try to be a little less rude.
I`m gonna do my best anyway.

miss bass
22-07-2004, 05:22 PM
I think basically, arguing is cool, but I think we could all be a little more civilised and repectful.
Saying he is shit or so and so is crap is I guess not constructive. So I guess we can all try to be a little less rude.

and me, although, do you think it's ok to say pop music is shit? :lol:

Patrick
22-07-2004, 05:24 PM
An incident for me which occured on Little Detroit (no offence Mark Eg i like your site too!) and i was standing up for techno and it's people, as someone was ripping it to shreads. Saying prople who write on message boards are wrecking techno and techno is basically rubbish!!! Therefore i stood up, instead i had people, turn on to me, telling me not '2 write in txt chat' (as i was). They didn't just tell me, literally just took the piss, and ended up in another four pages of me defending myself!
I felt this was irrelivant, and people like this put you off posting.... is it suppose to be like that?

That's a bit one sided. Quite a few people stuck up for you too and a few people, myself included, told you not to take it to heart as they didn't mean it personally. I'll say it again : don't be put off by other peoples opinions on forums (this one or any other). Why give a shit ? It's only text on a screen.

schlongfingers
22-07-2004, 05:26 PM
'2 write in txt chat' (as i was). They didn't just tell me, literally just took the piss, and ended up in another four pages of me defending myself!

It's the way message boards tend to turn out, cliquey people who think themselves better than others because they have used the system for longer, or know the other people there better than they do you - it's laughable really, and one of the reasons I stopped being interested in running one.

DB has got the right idea in my opinion, constructive criticism is good, loaded one liners don't really do anything but cause someone to get upset.

dirty_bass
22-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Blue and Boyzone and Britney still suck arse though :lol:

MARKEG
22-07-2004, 05:37 PM
if you look at the rules of this board (i know, yawn yawn), you'll see that respect for other styles, dj's and genre's is what they're all about. i remember when we first made the board and i sat down and thought how i wanted to make this place a little bit different and more pleasent to go on than alot of message boards. i'd spent some very frustrating hours of my life defending myself and my views on other board - only to have people take the piss and make you feel like a right twat. i thought this was to be the key to this board. nothing would get personal, no-one would take the piss and everyone would be able to talk seriously about issue that mattered ie music.

easier said than done.

when i have death saying comments like acid techno is crap, according to the rules, he should be told to stop being a twat and go. he's been told a couple of times and sometimes i get annoyed with him for being such an obnoxious cunt. but then the reason why he doesnt go is because whether we like it or not, he's got so bloody much to contribute. and i think it is good to have someone like this around just to wind you up in a nice way. and occasionally bending the rules is a good thing (this is not an excuse death to be even more of a cunt than he already is cause you do walk a fine line eh)

but what really gets me is when other people see what ppl like death (and a few others) write and think it's an excuse to be the same. there's a reason why I'm letting them get away with the odd remark. but it's blatent disrespect that needs stamping out on this board. gandalf is well and truly back in force now anyway so perhaps we'll start seeing some changes.

you know it's that 10% of shit that gets everyone all pissed off and makes the place look like a slag fest. 90% of the time everything's fine. i suppose it just means me being a little quicker to tell people to stop slaggin other styles.

miss bass
22-07-2004, 05:40 PM

That's a bit one sided. Quite a few people stuck up for you too and a few people, myself included, told you not to take it to heart as they didn't mean it personally. I'll say it again : don't be put off by other peoples opinions on forums (this one or any other). Why give a shit ? It's only text on a screen.

yes that's true patrik, thank you for sticking up for me, but you can see what i was trying to say, i know i never said everything in detail.

MARKEG
oh yeah and death please stop these dictionary quotes. it really is one hell of a twattish thing to do ;)

Patrick
It's the way message boards tend to turn out, cliquey people who think themselves better than others because they have used the system for longer, or know the other people there better than they do you - it's laughable really, and one of the reasons I stopped being interested in running one.

That''s just human nature though, isn't it ? And forums will reflect that. Any pub or club or workplace or whatever has it's little hierarchies. I do contract work so I move jobs fairly often and there's always a settling in period when you're the new boy and the existing staff seem like a bunch of cunts, with their little in jokes and funny routines and habits. Same with forums. But once you get past that you can start to break down barriers, get to know them properly and establish that they really are cunts instead of just thinking it. :lol:

Tiptoe
22-07-2004, 05:42 PM
one love my brothers and sisters one love :lol:

miss bass
22-07-2004, 05:43 PM

That''s just human nature though, isn't it ? And forums will reflect that. Any pub or club or workplace or whatever has it's little hierarchies. I do contract work so I move jobs fairly often and there's always a settling in period when you're the new boy and the existing staff seem like a bunch of cunts, with their little in jokes and funny routines and habits. Same with forums. But once you get past that you can start to break down barriers, get to know them properly and establish that they really are cunts instead of just thinking it. :lol:

do you have to use the 'c' word? its a terrible word ;) thanks

Tiptoe
22-07-2004, 05:46 PM

you really don't like the c word do you ;)

Esox Lucius
22-07-2004, 05:47 PM
cunt.

Patrick
22-07-2004, 05:51 PM

Sorry. I meant cnts ;) :lol:

MARKEG
22-07-2004, 06:04 PM
CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT

:lol:

dan the acid man
22-07-2004, 08:17 PM
cant cant cant cant cant cant cant cant cant cant

oh, iv'e spelt it wrong :doh: :lol: ;)

mek
22-07-2004, 08:27 PM

You're fired! :evil:

The Divide
22-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I think arguing on the board is a waste of time unless you know the person your arguing with. Then you can beat the shit out of them if they disagree

davethedrummer
22-07-2004, 08:51 PM
well nice one for getting all the way to 4 pages without arguing!!!
(even if one page omly contained the word "cunt")
and that's about what i hoped most of you guys would say
and yes even you death , in fact you are about as predictable as an acid techno record yourself ! (which is about as predictable as any detroit record you may care to mention)

i've always said there's no such thing as "shit" music just music you do or don't like .
this is the essence of all art in my opinion and it upsets me when i'm contributing my time to a message board filled with intelligent and interesting people, to see arguments rage about what boils down to be a simple matter of taste.
and i really can't stand the way some people just seem to rejoice in upsetting each other.
we are a community here, and we are totally free to say what we want , but negative or positive it needs to contribute to everybodys lives otherwise , whats the fxcking point?
please realise that it is simply offputting and immature to just relentlessly wind each other up. it does not make good reading . it isn't really very funny ( except on the odd occasion when it has been hilarious ) and anyone new to the board will just think we're a right bunch of wankers. and quite frankly at the moment i don't really want to be in that gang. i'm 34 now and i left the playground behind a long time ago as did many others of us.

come on , we don't have to all hold hands but can we make this board fun again?

;) ;) ;)

Evil G
22-07-2004, 09:27 PM
most of the boards i've ever checked out have been at the extremes - flame wars and "anything goes" on one side, and anal retentivenes and brutally mods acting like "thought police" on the other side.

no board is perfect, and there will always be shit disturbers, but imho, BOA does a great job of finding the balance. respect is really the key.

Komplex
23-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Ok so from now on, lets not use words like "shit" and "cunt" or combinations like "shitkunt" etc.

If you dislike a tune you must say "I dislike it because ____________" and not "I think its shit"

altho its much quicker to say "I think its shit"

To be honest, I think this is one of the better boards around. And people have different oppinions and different ways of expressing them but on the whole everyone is pretty helpful and cool when needed to be. When it comes to liking something or not, everyone has the right to express their views.
What people need to understand is that they shouldn't get so upset it if someone doesn't agree with them.

We all come from different backgrounds and have different experiences which reults in different tastes and personalities.

Col
23-07-2004, 12:29 AM

my thoughts exactly.

Miromiric
23-07-2004, 12:30 AM
does anyone have a tissue?

dan the acid man
23-07-2004, 12:32 AM
does anyone have a tissue?

why, have you made a mess ;)

crime
23-07-2004, 12:34 AM
most of the boards i've ever checked out have been at the extremes - flame wars and "anything goes" on one side, and anal retentivenes and brutally mods acting like "thought police" on the other side.

no board is perfect, and there will always be shit disturbers, but imho, BOA does a great job of finding the balance. respect is really the key.

To be honest I've come to the conclusion that message board unwittingly air out all those conversations that should have always been kept behind closed doors with yer mates, and not aired to all and sundry, especially the people it concerns, with the opinions dished out by people who feel it is their RIGHT to say such things, just because they have 254065754 posts under their belt, and so are OBVIOUSLY a forum veteran and are an authority on such things....

Miromiric
i spilled willy milk all over the keyboard.

dan the acid man
hahahahaha :lol: :lol:

dirty_bass
23-07-2004, 12:38 AM
spilled willy milk all over the keyboard.
Well lick it up like a good little doggy.

Komplex
23-07-2004, 12:54 AM
hehe

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Any genre slaggin from now on and the topic gets locked.
I say if one ruins it for all the lot focuses on the singular problem and takes care of it. This is bullsh*t. People come in here and act like kids, praise the board because their heroes are here but then feel the need to talk sh*t as well behind a screen name. People be more responsible please. It's not easy to read every single thing you guys write, then it's the one day I don't see what goes on here and you guys start ranting and raving like preschoolers. It's not right. Not by far.

Miromiric
23-07-2004, 01:00 AM
ok, mr 2nd grade teacher. :cry:

dirty_bass
23-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, call yourself a moderator, I dunno, spending too much time admiring your pecs in the confortable freedom of your new digs I bet ;)

Col
23-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Any genre slaggin from now on and the topic gets locked.
I say if one ruins it for all the lot focuses on the singular problem and takes care of it. This is bullsh*t. People come in here and act like kids, praise the board because their heroes are here but then feel the need to talk sh*t as well behind a screen name. People be more responsible please. It's not easy to read every single thing you guys write, then it's the one day I don't see what goes on here and you guys start ranting and raving like preschoolers. It's not right. Not by far.

i dont think there is a problem with expressing your disapproval for a specific genre, artist, or dj etc, providing you can explain your reasons for doing so (and providing those reasons are valid of course)

lets not all be walking on egg shells eh?

MARKEG
23-07-2004, 01:50 AM
i'm with sam one hundred and 99%. sam, we need to lock every post that deterioates into 'i hate mills' or 'i hate clarke' or 'london is shit' without the person seeming genuine about what he/she is saying and giving some seriously good reasons for being like this. we're all above that, we don't need this childish crap. alot of our members are producers/label owners who really care about the sound, alot of us aren't but we really don't want to get into these pointless arguments. i say let's get this place as firendly and constructive as possible. whatever it takes, we really need to sort this out.

dirty_bass
23-07-2004, 01:56 AM
I love you guys :love: :love: :love: :love:

borisXHL
23-07-2004, 08:44 AM
i can feel the clearance in the air MMMMMMMMMMM take a deep breath people, go outside and run for an hour and then try to post something in blackoutaudio :)

death on a stick
23-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I am born again.

Si the Sigh
23-07-2004, 10:39 AM
I am born again.

...life on a twig? :lol:

death on a stick
23-07-2004, 10:49 AM
http://www.phantomsoldglory.com/Bilar/Cheva/Death%20on%20a%20stick.jpg

Patrick
23-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I am born again.

Cool.
I've got your cd. It rocks.

http://dorisantiques.com/items/Mvc-811e.jpg

MangaFish
23-07-2004, 07:38 PM

if your refering to when i called an acid techno tune as 'intellegent hardhouse' i feel i should point out that i do love acid techno and have braught other releases by the label that released the said record

besides, hardhouse isnt that bad. still like a bit of it now and then

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 07:58 PM
ie:
it's very upsetting.

yeah not really a fan of ignoma
bit mellow and pointless for me sorry.

We can not argue, by respecting others as well.

dan the acid man
23-07-2004, 08:25 PM
antonio, are you saying, if we dont like something, then it's better not to post anything about it, rather than posting something like,
im not really into that, or im not a fan of that..

i always thought it was ok to post something like that, if you would rather i didnt, then consider it done chief ;)

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 08:26 PM
By no means am I trying to start something with you, but I am just inviting the point that if we are going to call about change we must ourselves act in accordance as well. I am not claiming innocence from this myself I know I have some strong points and views as well.

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 08:38 PM
antonio, are you saying, if we dont like something, then it's better not to post anything about it, rather than posting something like,
im not really into that, or im not a fan of that..

i always thought it was ok to post something like that, if you would rather i didnt, then consider it done chief ;)

Not really Dan, not at all, I don't believe in censorship. It's one of those things where you have to be honest but within reason of not blatantly saying it sucks for no reason.

Saying something is pointless is a strong way to go considering the label owners of ingoma could very well use this board, or artists as well could be on this board, and are. When a member of such respected stature says something so strong it could chase away members of the community. As a whole. and discourage others from being open to it.
I respect Dave a hundred and ten percent and love a good amount of his stuff, so it hurts when someone like me who makes a broad range of techno including tribal and wants to eventually send stuff to ingoma, sees a hero of many people say the sound in itself is pointless.

dan the acid man
23-07-2004, 08:44 PM
ok, that's cool, thanks for the reply bud

The Overfiend
23-07-2004, 08:45 PM
ok, that's cool, thanks for the reply bud
Always Brother man!

278d7e64a374de26f==