PDA

View Full Version : CUBASE SET-UP PROBLEMS --- HELP!!!

Janet Jinx
24-03-2003, 09:54 AM
Right I'm running windows ME (not ideal I know but bear with me), with an audiophile 2496 soundcard and everything works sweet as with Reason, Rebirth, Recycle, Soundforge etc....so I go to install cubase VST 5 and as soon as I try to launch the installed programme it gives me a msg32 error, I believe it is something to do with the audiophile soundcard drivers. I have looked on the internet and read lots of horror stories about people trying to get the audiophile 2496 working with cubase and having little success....it seems to grab the wrong driver. Does anyone use this set-up and have it working, or can anyone give me any pointers on what I should do???

Any help appreciated....cheers Janet :D

JQuake
24-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Try Cubase SX, or Nuendo... maybe that can help..

Nomak
25-03-2003, 04:29 PM
You should remove all the drivers from your old soundcard first, then install the latest driver from M Audio you can get it form their website. I have an Audiophile and run cubase SX and it works fine I have had no problems with the drivers at all. Maybe uninstall the card and reinstall it will work.

An afterthought.. If your MB has onboard sound then you should also disable this too.

Janet Jinx
25-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Cheers for the help....yeah I don't think I ever disabled my other soundcard...so that could be worth a try.

Cheers :D

278d7e64a374de26f==