PDA

View Full Version : Asem Shama

anx
22-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Maybe im just blind, but i rarley see his name mentioned on this board.

he has to be one of my favorite producers. I love all his ghostline stuff, his Speil Zeug stuff and all the other stuff he has put out. What i really like about this guy is that he can make his techno sound so psycadelic without it being like "woa look at me, im being real trippy here (kinda how psytrance is heh)" And his percussion is very unique too. His tracks with Richard Bartz and Midj van disomething (i can pronounce it just not spell it hah) are really well too. techno thats very ahead of its time imo...

His latest mix on Titanium is blinding. I almost always play a Shama track at every gig and the crowd loves it....

I dont have much information on him, i really dont even know if it is a him. Anybody know where this person is from?

Tony
22-07-2004, 07:55 PM
i really like his electro tracks on shokoy, and komplex. my fave techno one is over fiend on core. really scarey stuff!!!!!!

davethedrummer
22-07-2004, 08:55 PM
yeah i always seem to buy them but i rarely play them.
that last one on titanium was a weird one , i was sure it speeded up at the end ( just the last few bars )
and some of his others have a bit too much going on in them.

he gets a good sound though it has to be said.
sometimes it has a slight goa (whoa!!!!) twang going on which i'm not so into.

anx
22-07-2004, 09:26 PM
if goa sounded that good id listen to it ;)

Evil G
22-07-2004, 09:33 PM
i've got a track of his that i never play because it's too trippy. every time i try to mix it, it hypnotizes me and i forget what's happening. :) can't remember what label it was on, but i think it had 3 tracks - one techno, one trance and one breaks...could be wrong though.

killarava2day
23-07-2004, 08:43 AM
I first brought his release on Core, quite acidy.

the_psychologist
24-07-2004, 04:30 PM
my fave is "Time Tunnel". gotta love the breakdown/build.

sash
24-07-2004, 05:35 PM
i've got a track of his that i never play because it's too trippy. every time i try to mix it, it hypnotizes me and i forget what's happening.

lol. I gotta hear this track :)

Drumsquasher
28-07-2004, 12:56 PM
My favourites are the Drumfiles (Spielzeug 16 & 20) and Pi on Ghostline (2) As Vanguard "Alles oder nichts" (RMX) on Frrisbee. The crowd loves his stuff...

groover'z
28-07-2004, 01:38 PM
his Kiddaz is WICKED!!!

anx
28-07-2004, 02:57 PM
i really like his electro tracks on shokoy, and komplex. my fave techno one is over fiend on core. really scarey stuff!!!!!!

the second cut on the b side right? holy man is that a scary track! thanks for reminding me i might have to pull it out soon

heh

i said pull it out

UngratefulNinja
28-07-2004, 08:23 PM
My faves are prolly Time Tunnel, again love the breakdown/build.

and his remix of My Definition.

andy james
30-07-2004, 05:06 AM
his streetlife 2k(shokoy 26) is a perfect track to drop in the middle of a banging set with it's evil bassline, hard electro beats, and robert deniro sample pulled from the movie heat. works every time :twisted: !!!

278d7e64a374de26f==