PDA

View Full Version : Komplex - Silent Movement

Komplex
23-07-2004, 04:27 AM
K guys, this is probably the first track I've sat down and written from start to finnish in months so I'm a little rusty.

Its stll in progress but so far I've realised the hats need a bit more variety, and maybe the atmospherics need to be quieter. Apart from that I'm sort of stuck with what to do next.

Any help would be wikid.

http://xelpmok.customer.netspace.net.au/komplex%20-%20silent%20movement.mp3

xfive
23-07-2004, 09:39 PM
I like it - nice ideas and sounds in there. I don't think the atmospherics need to be turned down but I think maybe the main perc bit needs to come down a _hair_ so it leaves some room for the rest. The reverb is cool too.. maybe a little much but it depends on what type of feel you're going for ;)

professor
24-07-2004, 02:05 AM
nice stuff. too much verb.

Komplex
24-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Yes, I agree on the reverb. Bit too much on the drums so it melds with the atmospherics too much. Easy fix :)

xfive - do you mean that main percussive snare type sound that comes in at around 40 seconds?

cheers guys.

anybody else listened to it on different speakers?

sash
24-07-2004, 05:53 PM
For the type of track it is, i think the reverb works well cuz u get lost in the sound. Awesome sounds dude. Well balanced mix imo. For the type of track it is everything works nicely.

I'd keep the verb cuz then u could bring in some mean ass dry track (dry as in not much verb) and the shift in atmospheric sound would b like ear candy. :twisted:

dan the acid man
26-07-2004, 12:56 AM
the kick is a little too muddy and distant for my liking.
i love the flanged noise, it sort of sounds like a plane landing in the distance.
the main elements are there for a good track, it just need's re-arranging a little more, i agree with the hat's, add a little variety.

dirty_bass
26-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Crazy track.
I like this, very different, yet still accessable.
The kick could be just slightly clearer and brighter.
All the mid range is quite upfront, but it works, it`s the most important area and most neglected, but you`ve filled it nicely.
The top end is a little soft, and could be just a little sharper, especially as if cut to vinyl, it would lose some edge, due to the restrictions of vinyl.
Maybe just a little more bottom end roundness as will.
I think this is a wicked tune. Very moody and atmospheric, but with nice busy mid range percussion.
I think basically it just needs to be made a little broader in the eq. ie a bit further into the high and low frequencies.
The verb is nice, I cranked this on the studio rig and the mids cut through it nicely.

Bloody well done mate, vinyl worthy I reckon :clap:

xfive
26-07-2004, 07:40 PM
xfive - do you mean that main percussive snare type sound that comes in at around 40 seconds?

Yeah that's the one I meant... but either way it sounds good ;)

Komplex
30-07-2004, 01:54 PM
thanks for the feedback guys :)

Bloody well done mate, vinyl worthy I reckon

thanx chief, wanna release it on your label? ;)

romelpotter
30-07-2004, 11:59 PM
wow this track is cool, good work fella :lol: :lol:

DJZeMigL
31-07-2004, 05:50 PM
The verb is nice but I think I would lower it a little bit and ease up on the verb send 4 some of the percution.. i could use a lounder/ puncier kick/ bass...

I also think the first sound around 40s comes in a bit sudden...

I u luv 2 hear some of these a little dryer!!

Mad sounds/ atmospherics :clap:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==