PDA

View Full Version : linking certain equipment...

sash
24-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Hello there.....i was just wonderin if i brought an mpc 1000 and a 303, is there any way i could join up the 303 so i can trigger it from the mpc's sequencer? Also what if i wanted to add a Macbeth M3x and trigger that through the mpc's sequencer?

I've only ever used software (fruity loops). Im used to just loading up soft synths and triggering them on fruity's sequencer.
Ive never used midi b4. I'm assuming i'd have to get the 303 fitted out with a midi kit or something.

Is this possible?
cheers :)

Evil G
24-07-2004, 12:30 AM
you shouldn't need to mod your 303. a cheaper solution would be to get an external midi-sync converter. you can't use midi to tell the 303 what notes to play, even with a converter, but you can send it start/stop messages and keep it in time, so that it will play it's patterns in time with your other gear.

professor
24-07-2004, 01:00 AM
you use midi everytime you tell fruity to tell another soft instrument what to play!

sash
24-07-2004, 01:03 AM
cool cuz i was wonderin how the 303 would keep the same time as say a drum track layed down on the mpc. I'm gettin excited :)

Let's say i brought an 808, it would be better off sampling each individual drum piece and puttin it on the mpc's sequencer rather than program your drums on the 808's sequencer yeah? I hope my questions make sence :twisted:

sash
24-07-2004, 01:09 AM
you use midi everytime you tell fruity to tell another soft instrument what to play!

cool i didn't know that. i didn't know midi existed if u used only software. i thought it was a language spoken between hardware interfaces only.

Evil G
24-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Let's say i brought an 808, it would be better off sampling each individual drum piece and puttin it on the mpc's sequencer rather than program your drums on the 808's sequencer yeah?

it's a matter of preference. some people like turning nobs and jamming in pattern mode on each piece, some people prefer to have one central "brain" controlling everything from there.

DJZeMig_L
24-07-2004, 11:38 AM
don't forget that the beaty of the 303 is "mostly" down2 it's wicked sequencer so it makes sense 2 sync it agains programing the notes and playing it thru midi,... but its all good I guess!

Z

sash
24-07-2004, 02:11 PM
don't forget that the beaty of the 303 is "mostly" down2 it's wicked sequencer so it makes sense 2 sync it agains programing the notes and playing it thru midi,... but its all good I guess!

Z

well let's say i had a 909 and a 303. If i programmed my bassline on the 303 sequencer and my drums on the 909. how would i keep em in timing along with any other synths i might add. I always assumed you had to go through the one sequencer to keep the timing all correct.

278d7e64a374de26f==