with
OLIVER HO - dj / live laptop interactive set
MAX DULEY www.arcart.org
+
jay knight (locked)
steve dunn (orbit)

doors 10pm - 6am
£8 b4 11 / £9 after

new venue for the summer.... northern lite, cross york street, leeds.
capacity 250 with heated chillout garden.

lookout for oliver ho's new album "the soft machine" out september on meta records
www.meta-records.com

Stella Boy
25-07-2004, 12:05 PM
new venue for the summer.... northern lite, cross york street, leeds.
capacity 250 with heated chillout garden.

subsonic
06-08-2004, 01:57 PM
looks cool bud hope to make this ;)

Tiptoe
06-08-2004, 03:51 PM
looks cool bud hope to make this ;)

hi if your going to be coming to darkside can i give you the cd i was going to send on friday ?

Stella Boy
12-08-2004, 04:20 PM
it's looking like it may be a busy one so if you want guaranteed entry then please mail me on here before Friday otherwise send your details to darkside@basement-trax.co.uk.

Thanks and see you down there. ;)

Stella Boy
14-08-2004, 06:39 PM
The new venue is nice and tidy and has great potential and with a new sound system going in before the next event things are looking good. The nights proceedings was kicked off by Steve Dunn who dropped some quality warm up material with the highlight for me being the new Marco Carola track :cool: . Max Duley took over with a retro set, I don't think he played anything from the past 3/4 years in his set and whilst some of his material was lost with the younger crowd I can say I really enjoyed his choice of tunes. Unfortunately the monitor speaker decided to give up after 30 minutes of Max's set and it was a good 15 minutes before a replacement was installed. My hat is tilted to Max for doing so well during this period :clap: . Oliver Ho then took over with one of the best sets I've heard him play. The mixing as tight as a nats arse and his use of the laptop alongside his turntablism was superb. Oliver turned the whole mood of the night on it's head with some seriously dark and twisted techno. A fantastic set and one which I hope we will enjoy again down at the club :clap: . The night was ended in mighty fine style by Mr Locked, Jay Knight. An absolute blinder of a set but I can't remember too much of what he played as I had been on a bit of a grolsch mission all night. Looking forward to hooking up with you on your own turf soon mate ;) .

Thanks to the DJ's, each one of them played a blinder and thanks to the people who turned up and a big shout to the BOA crew in there and to Miss Bass who dragged along her charming mum (I hope you enjoyed it and hopefully your mum has seen we're not all axe wielding nutters ;) :lol: ).

miss bass
14-08-2004, 06:55 PM
hehe Oliver Ho made the trip worth while i have to say.

Actually in all fairness Mr Locked was ace, and didnt realise he was Jay until after when Tip toe said. He played some good techno i have to say.

Also its nice to go to a place with nice clean toilets, im so used to dirty grimey places.

Got to love some grime though, tech + grime :) goes hand in hand

Tiptoe
14-08-2004, 07:16 PM
felt a bit wierd for me in the new venue not sure why. Jay played really well and oli was good as always. Prob the best i heard him play was well banging it out. Roll on the 28th anyway for the return.

278d7e64a374de26f==