PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Total Environment (Club rework)

eyes without a face
25-07-2004, 12:23 AM
hey chaps, ive been reworking one of my tracks "Total Environment"

you know when u listen back to something and just thinkg WHHHAATT???!!!

well i had one of those moments and ive completely changed it so please check it if u can and let me know what u think

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Scott_Gray_Total_Environment_Club_Rework.mp3

its not finished but nearly there i think hehe

cheers

dan the acid man
26-07-2004, 12:52 AM
this is a summer track, i feel like i should be layed out on a beach somewhere :cool:

i love the main synth riff that's run's throughout the track. this could end up being a very good track

Frank Dogshit
26-07-2004, 01:22 AM
i had a listen to this last night scotty.

really liking this.proper nagging tough bassline that im really liking there.
sounds really different from a lot of techno ive heard around of late. :clap:

good work.

Col
26-07-2004, 01:26 AM
nice. i think this is your best track to date scott. your productions are getting better & better. release worthy.

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 03:07 AM
yeah man this very good. As i have said to you before you remind me of umek minus the cheese and that a compliment mate cos i think he used to be the man at one point. Don't think you should have any probs getting this signed. Would send this to a label like jericho if i were you sounds like something they would knock out.

dirty_bass
26-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Well scot, I¬m not a huge fan of the sound of this, it`s a bit old skool techno for my tastes.
But the production is all there man. Crisp, full range, nicely balanced.
The reverse kick swoop, clips a little and overrides the sub level of the main bulk of the tune, so it makes the bass sound weak, I`ve encountered this problem myself with swoops. Just back the bass off a little on it.
But yeah, top. Could easily see this on one of the more minimal Hood style labels out there, no problem. Get that CD sorted man, I eagerly await.

eyes without a face
26-07-2004, 03:25 PM
cheers guys! muchos appreciation going downnnnnnn!!!

yeah im definately, definately, definately going to sort that CD this week, ive got my music pc back now and im off work for a day or 2, so i promise il have that done this week!!!!

thanks again peeps, il know where to send off my first batch of promos hahahaha ;)

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 04:07 PM
yeah you know i want 1 ;)

eyes without a face
26-07-2004, 11:32 PM
hahahaha ;)

romelpotter
27-07-2004, 08:42 PM
scott nice tune fella :lol:

eyes without a face
27-07-2004, 09:43 PM
cheers dude

anyone else? Ze? ;)

xfive
28-07-2004, 09:14 PM
I mixed this with some other stuff last night while noodling around on final scratch. Must say it sounded quite good... especially loud :)

eyes without a face
28-07-2004, 09:47 PM
thats wikid, cheers bro!

its getting played out in Miami this weekend!!!! by a friend of mine called Greg "Stryke" Chin, cool as **** geezer and wikid producer too!

loving it haha ;)

jesus
28-07-2004, 11:59 PM
pretty nice,dirtys right about the old schoolness but i dont mind it so much. maybe do something with the bass or whatever it is,like filter an shit. could do with some pad or atmosphere runnig throughout in the back. i like it thiough.

DJZeMigL
31-07-2004, 04:53 PM
yeahhhhhh Listening on my Adam's is tha Shi*!!! I can now slag all u biatc*s 4 poor prodution lol lol Just kiddin'

Here we go!!! :doh: :dontevengothere:

I would have prepared the Clap over the kick a little bit, 'cause it sounds a bit "unexpected".. distort it slightly for more grit.. remove a little bit of it's bass. Why .. cuase the compression shows a little bit by shrinking the bass on yer kick when the claps come in. .. so remove a little bit of clap bass freq, add a touch of verb 2 make it spread and sound a little more present and spread thus compensating in level and presence for the bass cut (I also like a little distortion, and I think it would fit the feeling of the track).

Like dirty said the reverse is a little loud, so is the main riff...

On the overall the track sounds a bit up front and so use yer panning on the hats and a little more on the claps (u still use fruity right?... use the little step settings for slight different panning on different notes - not the piano roll - ) a touch of verb ...

That's all the bad things I can say eheheh

Luv the kick.. but I'm affraid it might b a bit 2 punchy on some systems and mak'em far* a bit!!

Nice track !! ;)

Z

eyes without a face
31-07-2004, 06:38 PM
cheers Ze!!!!

:)

Tyrisia
01-08-2004, 01:19 AM
I really like this, it's got that techno feel to it, I like the clap and bdrum especially, and the arpeggiated synthy thing adds a nice constant to the track.

The Divide
01-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Sounding better man, you have filled it out nicely

Really liking the synth pattern

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 03:47 AM
I agree the synth pattern gives this song some emotion, the kick could be a tad harder, the break is cool, Lil verb on the drums maybe fill it up a lil more, But I definitely like where this goes after the break.
Good Job man totally.
http://www.powerpointart.com/powerpoint-backgrounds-samples/2003-04-samples/thumbs-up.jpg

eyes without a face
01-08-2004, 01:06 PM
hey guys thanks alot!

glad u all liked, CD ready very very soon so pm me ur addresse's if anyone wants one

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==