PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Bass - Suck Satans Cock

dirty_bass
25-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Just to shake myself out of this experimental phase and to remind myself of the banging side of things. I`ve made this hard, hard, banging thing I may put forward for Open Source Records 002 (which will feature Jeff Amadeus as well).

Let me know what you harder peeps think.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Suck_Satans_Cock.mp3

Cheers.

Evil G
25-07-2004, 08:50 AM
wow, you are on a roll man!

this is heavy, plus everything makes sense and there is nice flow. the only thing i didn't like was the filter sweep. i thought it sounded more like a dj manipulation than part of the track.

nice one.

romelpotter
25-07-2004, 01:23 PM
this is cool :cool: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i am liking this a lot :lol:

basslinejunkie
25-07-2004, 04:06 PM
this is superb,love the nasty vocals :twisted: id buy this without a doubt :clap:

Spark
25-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Suck my cock! :lol:

Serious..

Good work, dude! I really like it, for me its a track with a dark mood but still with some happy groove in it.

Keep it up! :rambo:

The Overfiend
25-07-2004, 06:54 PM
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=evil/v=2/l=IVS/*-http://www.uvm.edu/~pzahn/wallpaper/images/grinch_evil.jpg

Tyrisia
26-07-2004, 12:00 AM
This is brilliant, great groove to it, and the bass is monsterous. I reckon the filter sweeps are ok, and the the grinding synths really work wonders.

I haven't been that into your experimental stuff, just not my cup o', but u're production is consistently exellent, and this I really like. :clap:

Don't suppose u could share some tips on getting those sort of synths?

Also really wish I downloaded u're live pa when it was up, really kickin myself I didn't :cry: . Suppose I'll have to go buy it to see what I'm missin out on!

dan the acid man
26-07-2004, 12:39 AM
very good, i love the atmospheric droning sounds, and the chugging riff after the vocal break, the flanged/phased breaks work well.
the track really motor's after the break, it will work really well on the dancefloor this tune :dance:

dirty_bass
26-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Cheers for the comments folks :oops:

Don't suppose u could share some tips on getting those sort of synths?

Ummm, I dunno. The grindy percussion riff that comes after the first break is some really mangled up japanese drums (taiko`s, woodblocks, n other things I don`t know the name of). Programmed using really short notes for a washboard effect.
The Riff that hits in the second part of the tune is an FM7. The metallic tonal textures you can get with fm synthesis, lends itself to techno really well. I used some bit reduction and a filter delay, set to mess with the stereo image.
Really, my advice is break the rules with your sound design, go nuts. You can tame really extreme noises with good use of compression and EQ.
Most professional audio advice would tell you to be very subtle with eq, and to go down the subtractive route. This is basically correct in terms of creating sounds that the human ear accepts as a reference of familiarity. But this is techno, and unfamiliar is what we want I think. So some really extreme EQ can do wonders.

The Overfiend
27-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Steve you're doing great man keep it up, can't wait to hear from ya soon!

romelpotter
27-07-2004, 07:06 PM
:cool: i love the bit at 0.55 when the track kicks out and again at 2.14 rockin :lol: :lol:

Tyrisia
27-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Cheers DB, I'm gonna try to be a bit more creative with my synths, although I use a Supernova for most and keep learning and forgetting the FM theory and having to dig the manual out, although it does make very interesting stuff when I do bother to work my way through it.

DJZeMigL
27-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Jesuuuuss U scary MoFo!! :P

Heavy mutha this one! It's not totally down my alley cause I generally ain't into atmospherics and continuous pad sounds in the back. But still I dig the percusion and grit of the track .. kinda rubs on the regis/ surgeon/ makaton stuff with a different flava!

Nice 1...

Z

jonnyspeed
10-08-2004, 12:06 AM
phat, man. like alot ;)

...and really liking the dark side of Db2 at the moment.

dirty_bass
10-08-2004, 01:50 PM
DB002.
Did you get it recently?

278d7e64a374de26f==