PDA

View Full Version : Roland XP80/ XP50

messyfuture
26-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Anyone have one of these keyboards??

A mate of mine has had one for years and he has just got his first pc so he could sequence out his tracks rather than using the internal sequencer and its proving to be a bitch.

I have set up the XP on its own 16 midi channels and set up cubase accordingly, the problem is that what ever midi channel cubase is set to it plays the same noise on each midi channel

What am i doing wrong?

If anyone has one help, or if anyone has any ideas or needs to know any more information i will try to answer. But its not my machine and i have very liitle idea on how to work the thing.

Cheers

DJZeMigL
27-07-2004, 03:28 PM
U have 2 use XP in Performance mode, right now U have it in Program/ Patch mode!

Z

Basil Rush
27-07-2004, 03:38 PM
We've got an XP30, hardly use it these days but the Roland way of assigning midi channels to parts was a real pain. Seem to remember having to work in two different modes, one where you push the patch and performance buttons at the same time or somthing like that anyway, and having to assign midi channels to each part seperately.

DJZeMigL
27-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Press only performance 2 get the 16 channels, press the program only and u get omni, i.e. only one sound at a time, all midi channels trigger the same sound...

In performance mode when u hold perf and the press patch, both buttons get lit, that means u are "seing and editing the selected channel/ program" while still in performance mode, .. good for editing a particular sound/ channel while earing all the other sounds at the same time!

in perf mode look for the Rx and TX (respectivly receive midi channel number and Transmit midi channel number) for each of the 16's parts of a performance!

Z

messyfuture
27-07-2004, 04:29 PM
You are all stars

Cheers

:rambo:

DJZeMig_L
27-07-2004, 07:53 PM
I wish! :P

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==