PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy....

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi guys can someone reccomend a site where i can buy software (eg acid trax cubase reason) some speakers for my computer and a djm600 from. Am looking to get on finance so is there anywhere particularly good for this. Thanks guys.

rounser
27-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Probly want to buy Reason directly from the Propellerheads site (http://www.propellerheads.se). If you're just starting out, I reckon Reason is the cat's pyjamas for teaching you dance music production 101, much moreso than either Acid or Cubase (which is not to say they're not superior in other ways). It's stable, presents all the basic effects and bits and pieces you'll want to learn, and importantly, it doesn't use plugins, which are bad news in a host when you're starting out.*

I assume you're intending to use the DJM for beatmixing (i.e. DJing, which will require decks to go along with it)? You probably won't need it for producing, or if you feel you do need a hardware mixer for producing, get a different mixer, IMO...

*: Why? They crash your machine, they waste your time in collecting trying out irrelevant ones, and they make other people's song files useless if you don't own the same plugins they do...[/url]

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah 600 is just for dj'ing with wasn't intending to use for production. Its just i would like to buy everything together so i can hopefully get it on finance.
Think reason would be good cos there is a course to learn you how to use it at a college near me so that would prob be best

ampassasinbirmingham
27-07-2004, 04:37 PM
tiptoe, not sure whether you can still get it but get the reason/uc33e bunch. you get reason and a midi contoller for about £350

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 04:41 PM
am going to sound like a right clown now but what are midi controllers used for? I know its used in production but not sure what for

RichieV
27-07-2004, 06:27 PM
if your starting out
I would'nt recommend buying software
Try all the platforms and see what you like best

Larney
27-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Buy Ableton Live 4 - now audio plus midi with VSTi functionality.

scotttechfunk
27-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Tiptoe, I feel its my duty to share a personal experience with you, don't be tempted to buy from Turnkeys, despite their low prices - their service is quite simply diabolical. (As I say though, that's speaking from personal experience, others may have had no trouble). There was, however, a very long and large thread over at Future Music's forum with a whole bunch of people explaining how they got stitched by Turnkey. Digital Village all the way for me mate.

FILTERZ
28-07-2004, 07:04 PM
am going to sound like a right clown now but what are midi controllers used for? I know its used in production but not sure what for

midi controllers , would be useful for controlling software like reason or ableton , basically they allow you to control the on screen knobs of computer software , softsynths , samplers , mixers and effects and stuff
with real knobs rather than your mouse ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==