PDA

View Full Version : Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlback

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 06:39 PM
what you guys reccon of their new track Number In Between / Redemption on soma. Have just listened on tuneinn.com http://tuneinn.com/media2.php?id=5099&fm= and i really don't like this at all. Its not just because its not bang bang bang bang i just feel its a poor attempt 2 producers capable of so much more.
Could imagine this being a big crossover track that all the trance big boys and house dj's will be jumping on. Your views please.

Sunil
27-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Hmmm, I think it fits well into the Soma scheme of things, is very like something Slam would do... it didn't do much for me though. Actually while we're on this point, I saw in Mark EG's reviews about this record and wasn't quite in agreement with his reading of the Soma label.. If you are reading Mark, "Soma masters"? I can't understand why you can cut these guys so much slack, they have without doubt in my opinion (and almost anyone I know who was into the label) gone to shit. Perhaps this 12" is a bit better than some of the others but I don't think this label deserves the kudos they still seem receive, Soma is run of the mill personified these days.

eyes without a face
27-07-2004, 07:08 PM
errrr didnt like this at all... lacking in ideas i think and probably more to do with the label and 2 big names like Beyer and Dahlback forging some sort of allegiance rather than the music being sooooo good it had to be put out!

;)

tioneb
27-07-2004, 08:32 PM
hmm well the thing is that this record tires to sound like "ignition key" .. once mroe (after mr sliff - the rriff) mr beyer does a lame attempt to immitate what he has done himself

maybe he gave to much inspiration in this brilliant ignition key, so tha the doesnt haev anymore for the next records

about soma, well they have always focusse do club msic, whatever it sounds "commercial" or not .... they just follow their usual state of mid with this record

today i have bought "hystereo" ... and well i love this record ..; i dunno why, sound very very "club anthem" some tranc eplayers could spin... but the a side is very emmotiannal. And both sides have this vitalic flavour that makes me think hes launching anotehr nicname (remmeebr he was already VERY known ove rhere as DIMA, and that when pney ep has been issued on giogolo everybody asked who was htis vitalic, knowing that it was him .... the funny thing is that he changed just becasue DIMA was livensed to the labels he ahs signed in , and he had to change to rleease on other labesl)

Sunil
27-07-2004, 08:35 PM
today i have bought "hystereo" ... and well i love this record ..; i dunno why, sound very very "club anthem" some tranc eplayers could spin... but the a side is very emmotiannal. And both sides have this vitalic flavour that makes me think hes launching anotehr nicname (remmeebr he was already VERY known ove rhere as DIMA, and that when pney ep has been issued on giogolo everybody asked who was htis vitalic, knowing that it was him .... the funny thing is that he changed just becasue DIMA was livensed to the labels he ahs signed in , and he had to change to rleease on other labesl)

Hystereo are two Dublin lads called Conor and Jack, they've had one remix out on Soma so far, this is their debut 12".

tioneb
28-07-2004, 09:54 PM
thne i was wrong

say congrats to them !!!

278d7e64a374de26f==