PDA

View Full Version : How 2 get yer Studio Monitors Ready!!

DJZeMigL
28-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but this is a little trick I was tolled.
just like a car needs some millage b4 it's totally runing good U need 2 get yer monitors ready for work. Thios will stress it it's mechanical forces etc...

Face one speaker 2 the other and have them playing continuously for about 7-8 h. The lower the sound the closer they'll need 2 b... normally place them about 40 cm apart facing each other (cone on cone) and play them at a confortable normal level ... if u'r gonna blast' em hav' em not so close 2 each other!

Delight yerself with bigger/ better and more consistent bass!!

Z

azerom04
28-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Thats news to me, i always thought you just had to run them at a low level for a few days untill all the components had time to loosen up

DJZeMigL
28-07-2004, 06:40 PM
it was 2 me aswell! :oops: :doh:

Z

FILTERZ
28-07-2004, 06:58 PM
it was 2 me aswell! :oops: :doh:

Z

sounds mad , any basis in fact , or a reason why you might need to do this

romelpotter
28-07-2004, 11:39 PM
possibaly, as the cone of the speaker moves in one direction, it will be forced at an almost equal distance in the other direction as the wave from the second speaker connects with the cone. this may a) lossen the components quicker and b) may send some sort of equal anti-flux !! :neutral: through the magnet and the rest of the speaker leaving the components open and more receptive to the signals put through it at a later stage. OR i could be ranting randomly. :lol: :lol: ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==