PDA

View Full Version : Didnt know wot forum to put this in

Yoshimitsu
28-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Yesterday for some reason wen recording a mix through soundforge the levels jumped so it was in the red on the comp. Now, even with all volumes turned down its still like it and i cant record :doh: anyone know wot mite be goin on? :eh:

Busho
28-07-2004, 10:31 PM
turn the Line in or microphone volume rite down on ya pc or the master volume on yer mixer ;)

Yoshimitsu
28-07-2004, 10:44 PM
turn the Line in or microphone volume rite down on ya pc or the master volume on yer mixer ;)

done all that :doh: cant find anything turned up :eh: any hidden volume settings on soundforge?

Busho
28-07-2004, 10:48 PM
nah not that i know of dude?? :eh:

there must b summin u avnt done right ;) i do stuff like that all the time ( this afternoon i tried gettin on the net 4 abou 20 minutes an the bloody wire wasnt plugged into the wall :doh: :lol: )

Yoshimitsu
28-07-2004, 11:01 PM
nah not that i know of dude?? :eh:

there must b summin u avnt done right ;) i do stuff like that all the time ( this afternoon i tried gettin on the net 4 abou 20 minutes an the bloody wire wasnt plugged into the wall :doh: :lol: )

yeh but it worked fine b4, then all of a sudden turned itself up, unless a mate did it by accident :doh: :eh:

Busho
28-07-2004, 11:06 PM
SLAP THE ****ER THEN :lol:

Yoshimitsu
28-07-2004, 11:07 PM
SLAP THE ****ER THEN :lol:

tried that :lol:

**** knows wots goin on gonna give it another go tomorrow :cool:

Evil G
29-07-2004, 12:30 AM
so am i understanding your problem as that the levels are pegged all the time, but there is no sound?

i would guess that either you have a feedback loop someplace (check the windows volume control as well as any other soft mixers you may be using) or that you have a spdif or adat connection that is either out of sync or connected to something that is turned off.

Yoshimitsu
29-07-2004, 02:30 PM
so am i understanding your problem as that the levels are pegged all the time, but there is no sound?

i would guess that either you have a feedback loop someplace (check the windows volume control as well as any other soft mixers you may be using) or that you have a spdif or adat connection that is either out of sync or connected to something that is turned off.

nah there is sound m8 its just all distorted cause the levels are stuck one red :eh: :doh:

Evil G
29-07-2004, 04:37 PM
strangeness.

other random ideas -

is there a +4/-10 button that got pressed by accident?

is the computer looping back out to your mixer?

did a ground wire come loose?

TechnoRaver
31-07-2004, 11:56 AM
also check the level on your soundcard josh.

Tugie
05-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Have you tryed the out put on your mixer ? try a diffdernt one.

Yoshimitsu
05-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Have you tryed the out put on your mixer ? try a diffdernt one.

the output on the mixer is a seperate record out, with non adjustable volume

278d7e64a374de26f==