PDA

View Full Version : EDINBURGH - jakN 28th August/25th September Line up

gumpy green
29-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Alright folks heres the info on the next 2 jakN dates.

First up on the 28th August

Due to the "powers that be" allowing us to stay open till 5am weve had to go and get 2 guests....ak well, cant be bad ;)

Technosis DJ's :-
Jason & Justin Swales (Decomplex Audio / Giant & Dwarf / Mafia Records).
All info on both these DJ's can be found here(there's alot so thought it would be best to just link it) - TECHNOSIS LINK (http://www.technosisdjs.co.uk/)

The technosis Dj's will be playing a combined/together dj set using 3 dex 2 mixers so things will get rather full on.

Cymbol - LIVE PA :-
Cymbol (Doom 2 the Core) - UTI Records / Monox Records. After various gigs around the country we felt it only right that we invite them back to Edinburgh to grace the jakN stage for the first time.
Cymbol promise to take us through a electronic journey from electro to full on 4x4 techno incorperating many styles.....

A live recording of CYMBOL LIVE at MONOX 15/03/02 can be found HERE........ (http://clubmonox.com/audio/cymbol-live.ram)

Bit old but still good listening.

As usual the 2 Diverse Frequencies Djs will be there supporting in full efekt. (3 dex 2 mixer stylee)

A NIGHT NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

-----------------

Then on the 25th September -

Dean Rodell- LIVE PA

JakN are very pleased to have the man that is Dean Rodell grace the stage for a full on LIVE set. Dean is probably one of the most up there, up and coming artists around at the moment and is certainly making a name for himself with loads of great realeses on the likes of - Unknown Forces / Drumworks / Planet Rhythm / Compound / Fresh Grind / Native Diffusion / Midi-Sync / Mafia Records / Decomplex Audio etc. etc, the first 2 being his own labels. Expekt a full on techno assault from him. Dean is also one half of Gardell (along with John Gardner) and is just back from playing 3 hr live sets with Glenn Wilson in Hungary. We feel he is definately a man to rock JakN.

Info -
He started producing loop based techno back in the summer of 2000, releasing the first works of that year on his flagship label, Unknown Forces, under the pseudonym of Stortion. It wasn’t long before the rich percussive sounds of this 24 year old was being pushed and backed by established labels such as Compound & Planet Rhythm and producers like Glenn Wilson, The Liberators, Funk de Void.

Dean's breakthrough release, Perceptive Nature, was soon to follow on Glenn Wilson’s legendry label called Compound. With production going from strength to strength over the last four years and collaborations with the likes of Glenn Wilson, Staffan Ehrlin (Aka Slobodan), Jason Swales, Jim Fish & Patrik Skoog, Dean's sound is set to keep pushing the front-runners of the scene.

The natural progression from studio to the live environment was always on the cards and with the opportunity to play the infamous Technosis @ the Fridge club in Brixton at the end of 2003 made Dean prioritise to his live performances.

Now armed with his mobile studio and knowledge of the ways of the dance floor, Dean's live sets are set to reflect the solid percussive journeys we have come to expect from his productions. (takin from DEAN RODELL LINK (http://www.thedjlist.com/djs/DEAN_RODELL/) )

More info on Dean Rodell releases can be found here - DEAN RODELL RELEASES (http://www.discogs.com/artist/Dean_Rodell)

As usual the 2 Diverse Frequencies Djs will be there supporting in full efekt.

Hope thats to your liking folks....

Flyer-

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/flyers/augustforum.jpg

gary_human
05-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Cant wait for these . . . . :lol:

Gonna become a Edinburgh resie for these two dates ;)

FuK-NuT
10-08-2004, 03:42 PM

make sure n say hello....

twizted
10-08-2004, 04:44 PM
chris,you guys doin any free parties anytime soon???

FuK-NuT
10-08-2004, 04:47 PM
done one a couple o weeks ago...might pull another off b4 it gets to cold like....

twizted
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
where you thinkin about doin it, pm me, cause im thinkin about settin up a rig, so the more the merrier like.

jellybaby
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Cant wait 4 the 28th. Open til 5am - yessssssaaaa! Its ma birthday as well so its gonna b messy.

Seen Cymbol a few times & i luv 'em. Lookin forward to seein wot the Technosis Djs r like.

September date should b a belter as well.

:twisted:

FuK-NuT
11-08-2004, 11:28 AM
where you thinkin about doin it, pm me, cause im thinkin about settin up a rig, so the more the merrier like.

not all parties are multi riggers m8...will let u know,all depends on location....

FuK-NuT
11-08-2004, 11:29 AM

dont i just look like a right tit lol

alright mr swales ? :clap:

twizted
11-08-2004, 11:41 AM

not all parties are multi riggers m8...will let u know,all depends on location....

i know. but if youse fancied doin a multi rigger, would be up for it :cool:

gary_human
11-08-2004, 12:26 PM

lol!! hahaha!!

Yeah I am alright!! You ok!?

I will be sure to say Hello

FuK-NuT
11-08-2004, 12:53 PM

lol!! hahaha!!

Yeah I am alright!! You ok!?

I will be sure to say Hello

aye aye, am fine an dandy like....

seems like an age away untill uz guys r up here eh, i cant wait !!

gary_human
12-08-2004, 12:23 PM
The flyer looks quality :clap:

Original and old skool in a grange hill kinda way ;)

FuK-NuT
12-08-2004, 01:11 PM
looks much better in real life....

gumpy green
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
looks much better in real life....

bit like yer maw then..... ;)

FuK-NuT
12-08-2004, 01:59 PM
fuk all wrong wi ma maw...yours on the other hand :wtf:

gumpy green
23-08-2004, 01:11 PM
just a few days to go so its been bumped....

gary_human
24-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Not long - well looking forward to it ! Hopefully i wont need me passport?!

gumpy green
24-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Not long - well looking forward to it ! Hopefully i wont need me passport?!

you will need some form of photographic id...

id check the airlines website to make sure.

judder
29-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Well that was truly a wicked night out!!!!
Can't wait till the next time... All the travelling was worth it..
Got to sleep now though..

JUSTIN ;)

gumpy green
14-09-2004, 12:59 PM
thanks j....

Now were all sitting waiting on dean rodell....canny wait.

278d7e64a374de26f==