PDA

View Full Version : something new

xfive
30-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Well studio was torn down as I am moving today.. but last night I was noodling around in Live4 and made this:

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_something_new-draft1.mp3

Just a draft.. needs some more perc variety here and there etc.. but how's the concept?

Oh yeah.. and play it LOUD - the bass is begging to be let out :lol:

Thanks for the listen,
-Chris

romelpotter
30-07-2004, 11:55 PM
i like this track, the synth freq sweep at around 1.30 is rearly cool but imo i would tighten the bass line and put it lower in the mix, and i would rearly get a tight punchy kick. the little zappy clicks work but are a bit high in the mix also. love the start, quite early surgeon style. nice work mate :lol: :lol:

DJZeMigL
31-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Overall the track sounds a bit muffled 2 me, I think some of the sounds that come in should have a little prerp b4, maybe a small variation or somethin...the finger snaps are abit drown in verb... I like the organ-y sound with mod... the bass I don't like so much :oops: ... I would have taken it more down the mod organ / straight perc...

The filtered congas also have a bit 2 much punch thru the mix...

ohhh man I don't like commenting on stuff that ain't exacly my bag cause U always sound like u r overdoing it... SO PLEASE don't take all this comments 2 heart, I tryed sticking 2 technical comments and being has objective as possible!!

Z

dan the acid man
01-08-2004, 01:19 PM
some nice idea's for a track here, i agree on the bass, it doesnt quite sit right, and the clicking noises i found take your attention away from the rest of the percussion. i like the synth panning in the mix though

jesus
01-08-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah i agree with what everyone else said, i do like the synth at about 2.30 though.although that organ synth could build and change a bit as not much happens. yeha loose the 2 clicks each bar.

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 04:50 PM
The clicks must go.
A lil variation in the bassline I could have done with.
I love the fact that the newer generation of producers appreciate a lil detroit in the sound. Potential is defo there man.
Keep it up Champion
:cool:

Col
01-08-2004, 11:45 PM
im not too keen on the synth pattern. it sounds too thick for my liking, id take out some of the lower freqs. perhaps their is too much reverb going off in a general kind of way too?

without trying to sound too harsh...id take this one back to the drawing board.

xfive
02-08-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks muchly for the feedback folks :)
The clicks will definetly get tossed, and I may try a new bassline out. The one I originally had was quite a bit different but I didn't think complemented the rest of the parts.. maybe I'll post that one later and see what you guys think.
Either way I'm going to work on it this week, as my studio is still torn down because my studio desk ate it (what a bitch of a move.. :cry:).
I'll have lots of time on the plane ride to/from LA on Thursday-Wed of next week... so if you're in the LA area and would like to get up and have a few drinks or shoot the techno breeze - I'm down .. just PM me ;)

Cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==