PDA

View Full Version : Slayer

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 06:58 AM
C'mon I know I'm not the only fan in the hard techno realm of these kings!
http://www.pieres.com/scrapbook/national_acts/slayer/slayer-065.jpg

icb
01-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Not the only one.... One of my favorites, top 5 definately :clap:

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 08:57 AM
http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/exploding-head.gif :clap:

romelpotter
01-08-2004, 11:17 AM
slayer rock, my 3 fav albums which is best,

Reign in Blood

Seasons in the Abyss

South of Heaven

I can't deciede they are all as good as each other :notworthy:

I when to see them at teh manchester appollo in about '89 along with megadeth. roooockkkkkkk

messyfuture
01-08-2004, 12:37 PM
ha ha

quite funny you brought this up

i was threating to play a metal set at a party we are going to next weekend

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 03:38 PM

Reign in Blood

Seasons in the Abyss

South of Heaven

I when to see them at teh manchester appollo in about '89 along with megadeth. roooockkkkkkk

My first concert ever was Clash Of The Titans
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
and opening up was get this Alice In Chains!!!!!!!

messyfuture
01-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Have you ever heard the acid techno cover of regin in blood that the havok boys did?

amazing :evil:

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Have you ever heard the acid techno cover of regin in blood that the havok boys did?

amazing :evil:

Someone told me this was done but I've never heard it.
Is it that good?
Now I'm curious.....remixing Slayer.........................hmmmmmmmmmm.

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Seems like an injustice to remix perfection but Dave Lombardo has said he likes techno for the changing patterns and fast rhythms.

Adverse
01-08-2004, 04:34 PM
ANGEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

messyfuture
01-08-2004, 04:38 PM
its a blinding mix

mick havok gave me a copy of it ages ago, he said they wrote the whole track exactly the same as the orginal

it rocks

romelpotter
01-08-2004, 08:43 PM

Reign in Blood

Seasons in the Abyss

South of Heaven

My first concert ever was Clash Of The Titans
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
and opening up was get this Alice In Chains!!!!!!!

cool it was clash of the titans i whent cooool, my first ever gig i saw motorhead hahaha ****in brill :cool:

Tony
03-08-2004, 01:31 AM
havent kept up with their releases, but the old stuff is killer. i totally got into techno through metal. shame theres just not that much kop going on in that scene now, they're all ****ing boy bands!!!

markus
03-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Slayer is great!!! I actually just saw them play a few days ago. One of the best shows ever!!! They played so many oldies :rambo:

drift9
03-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Reign in Blood was one of the first serious balls-out metal albums i ever got as a kid. my young junk was blasted by it.

memories so fond that i'm typing with one hand and doing the sign of the horns with another...

The Overfiend
03-08-2004, 03:52 AM
Slayer is great!!! I actually just saw them play a few days ago. One of the best shows ever!!! They played so many oldies :rambo:
Ozzfest?

Kangxi
03-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Speaking of Dave Lombardo, saw him along with Mike Patton as Phantomas about two months ago. Some seriously troubling music, but he is a seriously advanced drumming machine, I think you'll allow.

Adverse
03-08-2004, 04:28 AM
sorry to jack... but mike patton is seriously a genius.

dirty_bass
03-08-2004, 04:31 AM
The new fantomas album is stunning.
I posted about it on the dark forum ages ago, but none of them new what it was hahaha

Adverse
03-08-2004, 04:32 AM
I posted about it on the dark forum ages ago, but none of them new what it was hahaha

missed that one.. havent' heard the album been pluggin my ears with king tubbby for weeks now :P

markus
03-08-2004, 04:48 AM
Ozzfest?

It was "Mayhem in the Meadows II"

The Overfiend
03-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Slayer is the absolute definition of the best metal encompasses.
Mayhem in the meadows. Who else played?

NooNoo
03-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Love a bit of Slayer.
Best single in my ears was War Ensemble. :clap:

Evil G
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
my buddy GI Jody (acid techno dj) used to always say that when shopping for records he would ask himself, "what would Slayer think of this record?"

anx
03-08-2004, 05:24 PM
not too much into slayer but i do the hand symbol once and a while because it makes me look real cool and hip from time to time ;)

markus
03-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Mayhem in the meadows. Who else played?

Slayer, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Drowning Pool, Soil, Super Joint Ritual, God Forbid, & Lacuna Coil. I only saw Slayer and Slipknot play though. The main reason I went was for Slayer, I'm not into Slipknot at all, they sound too trendy, and the whole mask thing has been done before.

But Slayer just completely destroyed the crowd, it was insane! :twisted:

The Overfiend
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Sweet.
Slipknot's new album isn't half bad though, only because produced by Rick Rubin, cant go wrong with rick man, by the way why don't you post that live pa of yours in the files section Markus? ;)

markus
03-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Sweet.
Slipknot's new album isn't half bad though, only because produced by Rick Rubin, cant go wrong with rick man, by the way why don't you post that live pa of yours in the files section Markus? ;)

Yeah that's what I've been hearing from some other people that have never really been too into Slipknot, and they seem to like the new album quite a bit. I haven't heard it yet, I should give it a listen.

I'll also post that live PA up. It's a pretty old one, I'm gonna be putting a new one up on the net soon!

Adverse
03-08-2004, 09:14 PM
rick is unstoppable.

Tony
04-08-2004, 02:09 AM

er, scuse me, i've been into fantomas, and patton, since they started out. i've seen fantomas several times and they are defintely my favourite band of all time, esp the first album as it does everything i want a heavy album to do.
patton has been discussed on the dark board several times but mainly for his soundscape composition albums.

bungle anyone??

sash
04-08-2004, 03:18 AM
angel of death does it for me "400,000 more to DIIIIEIEEEEEEEE!"

The Overfiend
04-08-2004, 04:10 AM
angel of death does it for me "400,000 more to DIIIIEIEEEEEEEE!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Adverse
04-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Slayer is the absolute definition of the best metal encompasses.

meshuggah is better :P

The Overfiend
04-08-2004, 05:55 AM
erm nah brah!

Adverse
04-08-2004, 06:55 AM
listen to the new one man.. holy ****.

Tony
04-08-2004, 02:08 PM
any of you guys dig 'mary beats jane'? had one album of theirs and it was really good, saw them when i was a nipper.

gary_human
04-08-2004, 03:13 PM
hmmmmmm . .

not really into slayer but they rocked when they did Bring The Noise with Public Enemy, more of a hip-hop early influence myslef.

The Overfiend
04-08-2004, 03:20 PM
hmmmmmm . .

not really into slayer but they rocked when they did Bring The Noise with Public Enemy, more of a hip-hop early influence myslef.

Hey Sport that was Anthrax :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

gary_human
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
hmmmmmm . .

LOL :lol:

Well Anthrax rocked then, when they did Bring The Noise with PE!!!

:oops:

You guys love your metal!!! Do you all mosh to techno?

romelpotter
04-08-2004, 04:18 PM
i used to headbang when i was a kid, i saw metallica at the gmex, i was stood right at the front just on the side and headbannging like there was no tomorow, dopy me kept on headbutting the metal railing i had my hands on, iafter about the 8 th time i did it i glanced up to see kirk hammett looking at me and laughing heehe i gave him the bird which he obviosly enjoyed, and he threw me his plectrum hehehe coooool. I did see some poor lad at the end getting volleyed, he was all curled up getting kicked on the gorund. apparently he had a lars ulrich drumstick, :shock: glad i had a plec and it was safely consealed within a very clenched fist :rambo: ;) :lol:

massplanck
04-08-2004, 05:49 PM
My mammy bought me "Reign in Blood" for my 14th birthday.

http://slaypage.tripod.com/dreign.jpg

Some ****ing album. South of Heaven beats it by an inch though.

icb
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
hmmmmmm . .

LOL :lol:

Well Anthrax rocked then, when they did Bring The Noise with PE!!!

:oops:

You guys love your metal!!! Do you all mosh to techno?
I still listen to metal; death, trash, gothic, not so much into power and progressive, new monstrosity for example is nowadays in my CD player regulary...

The Overfiend
04-08-2004, 07:01 PM

Some **** album. South of Heaven beats it by an inch though.

You're mom rules!
My mother used to throw away my metal citing it the devils music, go figure she thinks the same for techno :doh:

massplanck
05-08-2004, 01:17 PM
[quote]

You're mom rules!
My mother used to throw away my metal citing it the devils music, go figure she thinks the same for techno :doh:

I love my mammy.

She used to have travel to the UK to work as a nurse around 89-90 and was very obliging when my older bro asked her to bring back 'lots of tapes with big yellow smiley faces on them'

I love my mammy because she doesnt know whats going on!

The Overfiend
05-08-2004, 01:23 PM
:lol:

Anyone get their box set or see the dvd?

markus
05-08-2004, 08:50 PM
:lol:

Anyone get their box set or see the dvd?

I've seen the dvd! I haven't seen it since I was a kid though. I love the part when they're on the plane and Tom Araya lights his fart on fire :lol:

The Overfiend
05-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Lol, idols being bad, I love it.

Tony
06-08-2004, 08:39 PM

Some **** album. South of Heaven beats it by an inch though.

You're mom rules!

heres a little story you should all keep in mind.
when i worked i the main underground record shop in town there was a CRAZY speedfreak who booked all the deliveries in, real diamond charecter who loved EVERYmusic except hard house and shite like that.
he was forever buying blurcore noise cds of 7,000 tracks and he loved it.

so a metal dude comes in and asks for some 'really experimental extremity', really 'out there' kinda stuff, so being really fluent he says 'here you are, have some merzbow' (for those who dont know, merzbow is total japanese feedback noise, scarey shit, but good at it) the guy returns a week later asks for a refund and says
'this is shit, its just noise'
the guy's standing there in his slayer t-shirt, and my friend has to say
'hmmm, thats exactly what my mum said when she first heard slayer......
so in this conversation....that makes you.....MY MUM'
bemused, the guy kept the cd, and eventually came back for more.
what a legend!!!!!
:-)

The Overfiend
06-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Lol, should have given him some Doa.

markus
07-08-2004, 08:46 AM
Lol, should have given him some Doa.

Aw man DOA is nutz!!! I love it! :twisted:

death on a stick
07-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Slayer were cool. South Of Heaven and Reign In Blood, but that's about it. I saw them at the London leg of the Clash Of The Titans tour (with Megadeth, Testament and Suicidal Tendencies). Slayer were excellent, wasn't bothered by the rest of them. Even then Slayer have always been a bit light for me but those two albums are quality. I sold my copies of their first two albums Hell Awaits and Show No Mercy last year (nice double DMM 45rpm vinyl in gatefold sleeves) and made more on them than most techno I sold. I'm keeping my vinyl copy of SOH though.

The Overfiend
10-08-2004, 01:30 AM
http://www.americanrecordings.com/www2/fan_photos/324/7056-712003-54408.jpg

automat
14-08-2004, 06:09 AM
EVIL HELL FULL OPRESSION OF MAN HOLDS THE KEY TO HIS DEATH! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

**** yeah - Some True LA MUTHA ****A's!!

The Overfiend
21-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Automat, you've gained brownie points with me ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==