PDA

View Full Version : a loop tech track

Tyrisia
01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Here's a loop track that I've been workin on the last couple of days.

Any feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

Click Me (http://www.tyrisia.com/Cant_Be.mp3)

The Overfiend
01-08-2004, 11:39 PM
It sounds a bit Lars Klein Recipe. The one hat on the 1st measure can use a filter. It kills the eardrums. The Overall feel of is very peak time. I can go with a lil more verb on the track though to give it a good fill. Good start though. :twisted:

Tyrisia
01-08-2004, 11:58 PM
I bounced the bloody thing with the sends off! :doh:

My sends keep disconnecting everytime the track reloads in SX, don't suppose anyone could hazard a guess why? It's got me stumped anyways!

I'm just bouncing down again, if anyone has downloaded, the version with effects 'll be up in about 15.

jesus
02-08-2004, 12:07 AM
nice track. everything seems pretty clean and fits together, the kick and bass could be a bit more prominent as i can only hear therm when turned up quite a bit. also maybe change the constant 16beat hihat pattern you got going on or add some variants. nice break at 3.00 maybe expand on the pad for the next min or 2. could also do with some more perc a bit lower to fill the space not sure though so ask someone good.

Col
02-08-2004, 12:22 AM
i really like this, just lacking that something in the "low mid & mid" area though, just needs another 1 or 2 doses of percussion.

like SOS mentioned take some of those higher freqs out of that open hat that you begin with. i like the filter sweep at the break where the pads are intoduced (i like the pads too) just clear up those matters and i think your onto a winner. ;)

Tyrisia
02-08-2004, 12:57 AM
Cheers for the comments guys - glad u like it. :)

SOS - I think I know which sound u're on about, there's a fm synth sound and a ride on the same measure, I don't think it's the ride but the synth sound that coencides with it, but I'll have another look at it 2morrow.

Col and jesus - there's loads goin on in the low mid, but I've maybe set it all too far back in the mix, I see what u mean tho, needs some sort of rejig, but I was concious of the main snare that comes in after 16 bars being prominent.

Thanks again, I'm gonna have another go at it tomorrow, I'll post the results then.

dan the acid man
02-08-2004, 12:57 AM
really nice, the hat's are a little too middy for me though, apart from that, pretty nice stuff, make sure you post some of the finished results

Tyrisia
02-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the comments Dan, glad u like it, as I said I'll post again 2morrow.

Tyrisia
02-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Brought the low mid percussion out from the back a bit, does kinda beef things up, and did a little eq on the ride to calm it down a bit (and took some distortion offa it).

Both links download the new track.

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/Cant_Be.mp3)

PDT
02-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Really like this...i like the driving element to it...definitely something id play :) Good stuff.

dirty_bass
02-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Loved the Patterns record by the way
Number 16
Played it out at the weekend.
It rocks.

this is wicked too.
Repost when you sort out the sends dude.

Tyrisia
02-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Cheers DB, I've been referencing it all day with other stuff, and trying to get the bass level rite with the mix, I'm quite pleased with it now. If u downloaded within the last hour the sends are on, if u think it's still a bit dry let me know, as I'm still scrathin me head with this production malarky.

Oh, and I'm really pleased u liked Patterns 16, but to be fair I've got alot to thank Jim for there, u should have heard my production standards 6 months ago :doh:

Anyways, glad u liked it, DB, and u as well PDT. Thanks for the positive comments chaps!

Tyrisia
02-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Here's the latest version, more verb on the percussion, and a touch louder bass, I won't say it's finished, but I reckon it's nearly there.

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/Cant_Be-01.mp3)

Akkachar
03-08-2004, 01:03 AM
it sounds very nice...

curious bout the endresult

:dance:

jesus
03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
nicer now i think its just the snares from the beginnig that are a little dry,possibly. try delays and filters n shit to make em less tappy.

xfive
03-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Nice work. It's hard to be objective about eqing and such when 9 times out of 10 I am at work listening via headphones - but it sounds fine on this end ;)

dan the acid man
03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
sounding very nice, im not getting much bass through on my headphone's though, but it may be too deep for these :doh: it's about time i bought another pair of senheissers

Tyrisia
03-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys, I'm gonna leave it on disk and come back to it for a final mixdown next week, I find listening to the same tune for three days removes all sense of objectivity from my one braincell, and subsequently renders me completely usless at mixin a track :lol:

I thought the bass was ok on my speakers Dan, but it is very low, sounds ok in my HD25s as well, but I'll look at it again next week.

Question is guys, is it demo worthy? Cause I've never sent one out, and I reckon after 3.5 years of immersin myself in this kit, I'd better extract a digit soon! :lol:

Tyrisia
03-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Oh and much appreciation for all the good advice!

Cheers

romelpotter
03-08-2004, 10:53 PM
i think the bass is ok, overall volume is a litle low. I would consider bringing the stringy pads in at about 1.50 or maybe a hint of them to develop it abit, good track mate.

Tyrisia
04-08-2004, 06:46 PM
yeay romel, i find all my tracks are a bit quieter than other peoples, but I tend to not go overboard with the Ultramaximiser too much, that plugin can make a track sound ace or totally wreck it with too much limiting, so's I tend to be cautious with it. Usually just under the clipping when comin out of SX tho, so other people must be doin some additional processing to their tracks outside of SX, which i maybe should do but don't?

Anyways, cheers, and glad u like it, and I'm pleased it's gone down well in general. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==