PDA

View Full Version : Godskitchen Global Gathering 2004

zigojacko
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
*Apoligise if this is entered in the wrong forum*

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:27 pm Post subject: GLOBAL GATHERING GODSKITCHEN 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D WHAT AN AMAZING EVENT!!! :D

Firstly many thanx to Jon for getting us safely there and back organising the coach trip. Met a good bunch of peeps on the coach, most of them coming from various areas of Cornwall.

My review in brief - (until I have more energy to generate my brain into constructiveness).

Must have been one of the hottest weekends of the year. So suffering largely upon arriving in Stratford Upon-Avon where traffic became hectic with everyone queueing for the event from every direction. On a coach with 60 + people, most of us already pretty hemmered sweating buckets in the heat = not good!

My mobile battery died before I even got in the gates of the event!!! Gutted!

The event was massive and excellent. But I couldn't get to grips with my bearings at all. The amount of times I got lost!!!

Checked out all rooms and arena's - the ones I spent most of time in consisted of 'Godskitchen' tent and 'Polysexual' tent.

The best sets I saw of the event included :- Paul Van Dyk (Godskitchen), Ferry Corsten (Godskitchen), Tim Deluxe - Live (Beach), Carl Cox (Global), Umek (Global), Rob Tissera (Polysexual), BK (Polysexual) and the final two sets of the event who were both excellent Tidy Boys (Polysexual) and Yoji Biomehanika (Polysexual).

The most I have stomped in a long long time and was absolutely loving it. Even at 6 - 7am in Yoji's set was still giving it stacks.

Missions are an understatement when you are trying to meet up with your mates upon arrival of the event without the use of any mobile devices searching amongst 35,000 people. Problems! ....

In conclusion, all in all a much well worth trip and expense to attend what I should imagine will be probably the best event of the year. Recommend to anyone!

Word of advice though... Save up plenty of wonga! Upon arrival, 1 can of Grolsch + 1 bottle of water = £6.00 ---------- later on, 1 can of Grolsch + 1 bottle of Smirnoff Ice = £8.25!!! Savagely ridiculous!

That will do for now, expect a more detailed review soon including pics from the event. Many thanks to all!

http://clubnet.pro-fx.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=814

278d7e64a374de26f==