PDA

View Full Version : Midi CC numbers...

The Divide
02-08-2004, 09:38 PM
One problem I am having with SX is identifying the CC's.

For example, using Absynth you can assign various controller sliders to CC numbers. The problem is in SX they have names for example Gen purpose, Data entry and so on. Without having to look all these up on a chart is there a way of renaming them? It would make things a lot easier if they were all numbered. I am aware of the obvious ones such as harmonic content 71 brightness 74 (well something like that). It would make things a lot easier for me.

Cheers

Anyone know of a webpage with images of softsynths with the CCS labeled. That would be quality

Dustin Zahn
03-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Haha, excellent. I just logged onto BOA to ask the same question more or less. I am looking for a CC list for FM7.

The Divide
03-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Haha, excellent. I just logged onto BOA to ask the same question more or less. I am looking for a CC list for FM7.

Great minds think alike Zahn

Well something like that :lol: I have a look around

I used to have a pdf file with a piccy of each softsynth with the numbers superimposed over the top of it.

Lost it though :neutral: :lol:

DJZeMigL
03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
fm7's pdf should have it!

Don't think U can rename the CC list ... :(

One good thing about Logic is that when it's receiving info it will show what info is on it's transport bar.

Maybe u can use that??

Z

Evil G
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
sorry i don't know about cubase, but in sonar it's really easy to create custom CC maps for each instrument definition.

The Divide
03-08-2004, 09:58 PM
fm7's pdf should have it!

Don't think U can rename the CC list ... :(

One good thing about Logic is that when it's receiving info it will show what info is on it's transport bar.

Maybe u can use that??

Z

Thats ok man, I have sussed something. Each controller is numbered, you just have to select it. The number shows under it in brackets. They are in number order too

xfive
03-08-2004, 10:38 PM
In Live4, all ya do is open up the envelope editor and all your params are pre-labeled as whatever they are in the interface... no CC editing required :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==