PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - Please help!! :?:

tekno_princess909
03-08-2004, 03:36 PM
I am looking into getting a mixer for production...I was adviced to get either the Soundcraft spirit E12 or the Yamaha MG16/6FX. Has anyone got any suggestions or experience with either of them?
I do not know what to get :doh:

Any help is much appreciated

FILTERZ
03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
mackies are nice , many swear by them , i do certainly, i have a soundcraft that i use for live stuff its ok but i prefer the mackie sound.

tekno_princess909
03-08-2004, 04:21 PM
mackies are nice , many swear by them , i do certainly, i have a soundcraft that i use for live stuff its ok but i prefer the mackie sound.

which one do you have?

professor
03-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I've got a yamaha. it's ok. it's cheap and durable which is mostly why i bought it.

messyfuture
03-08-2004, 05:48 PM
get yourself a mackie 1604 vlz pro

you should be able to pick one up for about 500 second hand,

if you dont want to spend thta much you colud always buy one of the smaller ones,

check www.soundonsound.com or www.loot.co.uk

Jimfish
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
I used to use one of those soundcraft ones.. very average/soulless, Just a glorified patch bay like many small mixers. If a mixer isnt going to add somthing to the sound i dont see the point in using it, just run everything into a soundcard..
Anyway, small mixers that do sound nice (warmish gains, musicalish eq etc) are mackie or an allen & heath.. or a TL Audio if u are rich and want to cum in your pants.

Just about the best deal you can get on mixers at the moment is the tascam M2600mk2 - its about 9 years old and got overlooked big time, very simaler in funtionality and sound to a mackie 24/8 bus (but a bit uglier & a tiny bit bigger) - quite a few of the folks on the sound on sound forum actually prefer them.. and guess what folks? you can get em second hand for around 500! gotta be a bargain if you hve the space..

DJZeMigL
04-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I gotta say I had a Spirit Folio SX18 for a few years and I luved it specially for adding a lot of dirt / character 2 the sound especially when overdriven.. eq and funtionality were basic but it was still very solid! So that got me into Spirit.. but I can't really comment on the most recent stuff!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==